Georgia IBS Sighting Report

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Georgia IBS Sighting Report

Post by admin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:24 pm

a.jpg
a.jpg (6.48 KiB) Viewed 6263 times
1502 ANONYMOUS RICH GRUMLEY , 1943 TR23 1
BF KILLED FOR KILLING SHEEP, REDDISH BROWN CORPSE BURIED ON OUTSKIRTS OF TOWN [Full Report]

958 BARSTOW WITNESS FATHER RESIDENT MAY, 1999 TR89 1
VOCALIZATION [Full Report]

1026 BARTOW John Butler III John Butler III , 1999 TR91 1
WITNESS WATCHED, ODOR, TERRITORIAL MARKERS OF INTERWOVEN STICKS [Full Report]

1042 BARTOW M.E. FATHER BFRO NOV, 1999 TR92 1

444 COBB UNK JOHN GREEN NOV, 1967 Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place, 3
BF held arm up like waving goodbye; human expression of terror, [Full Report]

919 COBB WITNESS AND WIFE WITNESS MAY, 1999 TR87 1

927 COBB JOHN BUTLER JOHN BUTLER , 1999 TR87 1
2 SIGHTINGS IN NEWSPAPER, VOCALIZATON, STICK STRUCTURES [Full Report]

979 COBB M.C. M.C. MAY, 1999 TR90 1
VOCALIZATION DURING HEAVY RAIN STORM [Full Report]

1151 CRAWFORD G.F. BFRO NOV, 1983 5 AM TR96 2
8 FT BF SQUATTING, VOCALIZATION, VERY DARK, TRACKS [Full Report]

957 SUMPTER HUNTERS Dawn Harrack BFRO , 1986 TR89 1
VOCALIZATION, BF FOLLOWS WITNESS, HAD SHOT DEER [Full Report]

admin

Re: Georgia IBS Sighting Report

Post by admin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:25 pm

IBS Report #: 1502

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day:
Month:
Year: 1943
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR23
Credibility: 1
Locality: GA, CLOSE TO SC BORDER
Researcher: RICH GRUMLEY
Witness: ANONYMOUS

Summary: BF KILLED FOR KILLING SHEEP, REDDISH BROWN CORPSE BURIED ON OUTSKIRTS OF TOWN

Sighting Text:
GA TR23 report in the Bigfoot Co-Op, by Director Rich Grumley, tells of hunter burials of Bigfeet in Georgia and near Sonora, Mexico. Rich says in Georgia, 1943, close to the S.C. border (recent letter), a Bigfoot was shotgunned because it was killing sheep and calves by tearing off their legs. It was bigger than the box of the pickup truck it was hauled to town with, and the reddish-brown corpse was reported buried under a pile of rocks on the outskirts of town (The Apes Among Us, 1978, Green, p. 370).
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

IBS Report #: 958

Sighting Type: 3

Latitude: +034˚ 09' N
Longitude: 084˚ 44' W
Day: 19 OR 20
Month: MAY
Year: 1999
Time:
Elevation: 840

Data Source: TR89
Locality: Red Top Mountain Park and Lake Allatoona
Researcher: RESIDENT
Witness: WITNESS FATHER

Summary: VOCALIZATION

Sighting Text:
GA BARSTOW 1999 TR89 * Another GA report from May 19 or 20, 1999. From between Red Top Mountain Park and Lake Allatoona, GA. (Barstow County) Subjects father was working on back deck and heard a scream-squeal from nearby. A howl had been heard earlier in the month in that direction. Local dogs howled and barked in response.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun: 340951N 0844340W ALTOONA LAKE 340851N 0844227W RED TOP MTN
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 1026

Longitude: 084˚ 42' W
Day:
Month:
Time:
Elevation: 1060 AT SUMMIT

Data Source: TR91
Locality: LITTLE RED TOP MTN STATE PARK
Researcher: John Butler III
Witness: John Butler III

Summary: WITNESS WATCHED, ODOR, TERRITORIAL MARKERS OF INTERWOVEN STICKS

Sighting Text:
GA BARTOW 1999 TR#91 34 09N 84 42W 1060 FT AT SUMMIT * More and varied Territorial Markers kalbohead@webtv.net (John Butler III, M.A.) I have just returned from my trip to Little Red Top Mt. State Park, GA. I cannot believe what I have just seen. For starters, I drove up there in my Ford Aerostar van with my 6 year old daughter and my 2 year old son. As usual we saw abundant deer in the area. As I drove around on Red Top Mt. and the surrounding country roads, and stepped out of the van to take pictures, I have never in my 37 years experienced a feeling or awareness of being watched. My 6th sense kicked in like I have never felt before; almost like a feeling of impending doom. As I stepped in the van I thought my son had a bowel movement in his diaper, as my daughter and I smelled a very bad skunkish type odor very briefly. The smell went away as quickly as it appeared. As we drove around the country Mt. roads, all we had to do is look 10-20 yds into the woods from the road and you could see many different varieties of territorial markers all spaced in a peculiar interval. All in all, I took over 30 pictures of 25 different ones, all seen within a 4-5 mile radius (the ones printed in the Track Record were within that radius also). I took pictures of so many different varieties. I saw more of the ones that look like a trip wire type mechanism made of real tenuous wire type, or vine like bush configured in an x fashion; I also saw huge 10"-12" diameter trees 20 ft. tall broken over and propped up against one the same size, but stationery (like this: I\); I also saw some the same size broken over at the 6-8 foot mark, criss- crossed over in X's with a third one in the middle like the smaller ones I sent you last time; I also saw some small ones like this: ////// propped up against some stationery trees; and strangest of all is the one like this : -l-I-I-I-; 6 foot tall sticks or saplings interwoven, alternatingly on the top third of the vertical, up and down sticks with 2 pliable, almost vine-like smaller horizontal sticks. Although it was broad daylight, I felt so much fear getting out snapping pictures and running back in my van that I left my van running with my kids inside. That's something I never do in the city. Mr. Crowe, there were so many big ones around in plain view 10-20 yds from the roadside in the woods, that all one has to do is look closely for them to see them (that is if one knows what to look for). The ingenius thing about these creatures and these markers is the fact that they easily blend into the landscape, and can be easily passed off as part of the landscape if one does not know what to look for. I mean they are everywhere up here! Judging by how many my youngest daughter and I saw, I believe there are at least about 6-7 of these suspected creatures up here. The big markers were the most convincing for me as it would take a super strong human being to break those trees over. I am 6'1" and 197# and can bench press in free weights 300# with ease. I know that it would take a younger, bigger, stronger human being than me to do this type of damage. Also, we have not had any storms of this magnitude lately. Please contact me by e mail or phone# (404)288-7362. I am going back there with my wife tomorrow to pose by some of these big ones for scale. Then I will get them all developed. All the best, John Butler III PS-also, the terrain is rocky, and kinda dry and sand with many pine needles. Needless to say I couldn't see any footprints. Date: 99-08-16 Thanks for the reply. I agree, it always helps to wear your "skepticals" (I like that!) when viewing such. But, I find the evidence so overwhelming. I just got the developed film out today and will send you some awesome shots. My theory is that they use these to tell each other, "hey this is my area,” and situate different ones in different ways to communicate different things. I also believe that if the habitat is smaller, such as in state parks, you will find more of these markers within close proximity of each other. John Green from British Columbia told me that (I called him up when I found the first ones in May) primatologists have found that there is a small monkey in some part of the world that also leaves primitive markers made of sticks. I find that very interesting as it gives us much food for thought. PS- I will put a few of these shots in the mail tomorrow. In the near future I'm planning some serious, publishable, academic research on this single subject of Sasquatch territorial markers as found across N. America).
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 1042

Latitude: +034˚ 08' N
Day: 6
Month: NOV
Time: 8 AM
Elevation:

Data Source: TR92
Locality: NEAR RED TOP MTN STATE PARK
Researcher: BFRO
Witness: M.E. FATHER

Sighting Text:
GA BARTOW 1999 TR#92 * BFRO report, harrackdm@home.com (Dawn flarrack) bfro-Iist@moneymaker.org, cura to rs@moneymaker.org Witness, M.E. was on Saturday, Nov 6th about 8AM, in Bartow Co., Georgia. M.E.'s father said on 11/6 he had heard a scream/howl again. The same noise had been reported earlier in 1999. Wife and M.E. will try to locate the howl area near Red Top Mountain State Park, which is woody and mountainous and wooded. The neighborhood dogs were noisy again as in previous reports, barking and howling. (ed. note...John Butler has sent us some photos of the area, printed in TR #90). PA CLINTON 1996 TR#92 * BFRO Report Dawn Harrack Near Hamersly Fork towards Alvin Bush Dam, Beaver Hollow Rd., Clinton Co., PA. Sept-early Oct, 1996. Two police officers, one the Chief of Police (now retired), went to hunting cabin and were target shooting at tin cans making considerable noise. As it was getting dark, at 8 PM while talking on the porch, heard an unusual vocalization from across the hollow on a mountain. It was loud, persistent, and different from anything they had previously heard. It was on the move and had moved behind the camp in 15-20 minutes. No tracks were found the next day.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 444

Latitude: +033˚ 57' N
Longitude: 084˚ 33' W
Day:
Year: 1967
Time:
Elevation: 1082

Data Source: Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place,
Credibility: 3
Locality: West of Marietta
Researcher: JOHN GREEN
Witness: UNK

Summary: BF held arm up like waving goodbye; human expression of terror,

Sighting Text:
Georgia; Nov 1967; John green report; witness traveling east to Marietta and headlights had figure running down steep hill as if to run out and stop truck. Size lite that of a huge Kodiak bear; but running on two legs. Held left arm up like waving goodbye; or giving a stop signal. Human expression of mortal terror...like saying Please Help Me. tried to hide behind shoulder of road.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: ATLANTA 4.6 4.6 5.5 4.1 4.0 3.6 5.3 3.6 3.6 3.0 3.7 4.1 49.8
Temp: ATLANTA 41.0 44.8 53.4 61.3 69.1 75.9 78.8 78.1 72.7 62.2 53.1 44.4 61.2
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:26 pm

IBS Report #: 919

Latitude: +034˚ 04' N
Longitude: 084˚ 40' W
Day: 8
Time:
Elevation: 913

Data Source: TR87
Locality: ACWORTH, NEAR RED TOP MOUNTAIN
Researcher: WITNESS
Witness: WITNESS AND WIFE

Sighting Text:
GA COBB 1999 TR#87 34 04N 84 40W 913 FT * Acworth, GA, May 8th, 1999, near the Red Top mountain foothills. Witness and wife were leaving parents home on Lake Alatoona. The four people heard a very long, five minute, and loud howl...dogs in the area stared howling and barking also. Appears to be the same as the howl heard on an Internet web page.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:27 pm

IBS Report #: 927

Day:
Month:
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR87
Locality: LITTLE RED TOP MOUNTAIN, NEXT TO LAKE ALTOONA
Researcher: JOHN BUTLER
Witness: JOHN BUTLER

Summary: 2 SIGHTINGS IN NEWSPAPER, VOCALIZATON, STICK STRUCTURES

Sighting Text:
GA COBB 1999 TR#87 * May 31, 1999 1:56 AM Letter from John Butler III, M.A. to R.J. La Monica saskwatchr@email.msn.com (reprinted with permission) There has been some Bigfoot activity around Little Red Top Mt., which is right next to Lake Altoona which straddles Cobb, Bartow, and Cherokee counties in Georgia. Although there are two instances of Bigfoot vocalization on Red Top and Lake Allatoona area which were reported to the BFRO, there have been two actual sightings by credible witnesses that were noted on Atlanta news last week. Well, to make a long story short, my daughter, Courtney, and I drove the 46 miles from my doorsteps to the actual area of the sightings. We scouted out the area and actually were within yards of abundant deer. We then parked in one of the parking lots of Little Red Top State park and went to the visitor center and later commenced to hiking. As we began our hike on one of the trails, I started to veer off to the side and go off of the beaten path to look for various Bigfoot signs and what not, much to my daughter's dismay. Lo and behold, about one mile from the start of the trail, well off of the beaten path in a somewhat inconspicuous area, was a structure that I have seen a few times before. I can describe it as looking exactly as I have seen it on the Internet without exception (later upon examination of a territorial marker on the Internet, my daughter also agreed that it was almost identical to what we saw. Also, my daughter made comment about the many apparent upturned stumps which is also a supposed sign): asymmetrical, uniform, towering branches laid across one another in an intricate time consuming pattern of x's with more smooth, long, branches laid across those in an intricate //// style. Rich, upon examination it seems as if they have been there for a long time, as small vines were starting to grow on the structure. Also, upon examination it seems as if the initial trees forming the X's were actually saplings that were shorn of leaves and bent that way. My daughter, and an unknown couple and child also marveled at the structure, remarking that it did not seem as if humans made this. I took pictures of this structure from every possible angle, and also posed for a picture with it. It's simply amazing. While around this structure I felt an amazing sense of oneness, reverence, and unity with nature and this unknown creature. Although I did not feel fear per se, I did feel intuitively that we should abort our hike and leave. Tomorrow I am going to have copies made of all 8 good shots of those structures and put them in the mail before Monday. My question is: Have you seen that type uniform pattern before in the Pacific Northwest? I am 6'1, and if you notice some of those structures tower above my head. Also, in the past few days as I have examined them much more closely, I noticed a "trip wire" type mechanism composed of a branch that sits on the protrusion tip of another branch. I also have noticed x type and A type structures on the ground where I took the photos. I can kick myself now for not paying closer attention to the ground patterns. I guess I'm eventually going to have to go back there again to look for more evidence and what not. Have you seen something like this before? I have seen these structures on the Internet from Ohio, Tennessee, and NW Louisiana; that's how I recognized them right away. I'll appreciate your reply. Sincerely, John Butler III TR#88
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:27 pm

IBS Report #: 979

Latitude: +034˚ 04' N
Longitude: 084˚ 40' W
Day: 18
Time: 2 PM
Elevation: 913

Data Source: TR90
Locality: NEAR LAKE ALLATOONA, ACWORTH
Researcher: M.C.
Witness: M.C.

Summary: VOCALIZATION DURING HEAVY RAIN STORM

Sighting Text:
GA COBB 1999 34 04N 84 40W 913 FEET TR#90 * M.C. on June 16th, 1999, was near Lake Allatoona, Acworth, GA. A howl was heard at 2 PM similar to one reported May 18th from the same place. This was during a heavy rain storm and the dogs in the neighborhood started barking in response to the howling. M.C. was standing on the front porch watching the storm.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: ALLATOONA DAM 5.6 2.4 5.8 4.2 2.3 4.1 5.0 4.3 4.5 3.1 3.6 5.7 50.3
Temp: ALLATOONA DAM 37.9 41.9 51.1 59.5 67.1 74.5 77.7 77.2 71.2 59.9 51.3 42.1 59.4
Sun: Sun and Moon Data for One Day The following information is provided for (longitude W84.7, latitude N34.0): Tuesday 18 May 1999 Universal Time SUN Begin civil twilight 10:07 Sunrise 10:35 Sun transit 17:35 Sunset 00:35 on following day End civil twilight 01:03 on following day MOON Moonrise 12:44 on preceding day Moonset 03:10 Moonrise 13:44 Moon transit 20:57 Moonset 04:10 on following day Phase of the Moon on 18 May: waxing crescent with 13% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated. New Moon on 15 May 1999 at 12:06 Universal Time.
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:28 pm

IBS Report #: 1151

Latitude: +032˚ 45' N
Longitude: 084˚ 02' W
Day:
Year: 1983
Time: 5 AM
Elevation:

Data Source: TR96
Credibility: 2
Locality: NEAR DRY BRANCH, NEAR HWY 80
Researcher: BFRO
Witness: G.F.

Summary: 8 FT BF SQUATTING, VOCALIZATION, VERY DARK, TRACKS

Sighting Text:
GA 1983 TR96 BFRO* G.F. in Nov. 1983, was near Dry Branch, GA, near Hy. 80. Hunter at 5AM was following gas-line trail when something huge stood up next to him...only five feet away. It had been squatting or sitting, and screamed with a half roar, half ear piercing scream. It was taller than G.F.’s 6’3”, (guessed at 8’)and was broad from the top down. After screaming, it went off crashing heavily in the brush, and at a hundred feet, turned and roared again. It then continued down the gas-line, turning to roar every 50 yards or so 4 or 5 times. It was very dark and no distinct features except the size were noted. He had the impression that the head was small compared to the body. Witness was scared stiff, could not move even while holding loaded 30-.06. It was apparently as afraid of witness as he of him. Previously, witness had visited the area with a companion and found some large tracks coming down a red clay bank that was taken to be a bear or large animal sliding. The area was covered with short oaks and brush with some ponds nearby. He would have shot it if it was a bear.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: The area was covered with short oaks and brush with some ponds nearby.

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting