The Missing Link April 23, 1876

The Grover Krantz Wing is dedicated to one of the first scientists to truly take the leap into believing Bigfoot exists.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

The Missing Link April 23, 1876

Post by admin » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:22 am

Tuesday, April 23, 1876
The Helena Independent
Tuesday, April 23, 1876
Helena, Montana Territory
The Missing Link
Turner Helm,
Interview of a California Hunter with a Gorilla-Like Wild Man.
A correspondent of the San Diego (Cal.) Union writes as follows concerning a “wild man” recently seen in the mountains in that county. About ten days ago Turner Helm and I rode in the mountains about ten miles east of Warner’s ranch on a prospecting tour. Looking for the extension of a quartz lode which had been found by some parties some time before. When we were separated about a half a mile apart-the wind blowing very hard at the time-Mr. Helm, who was walking along looking down at the ground, suddenly
Heard Somebody Whistle
Looking up he saw “something” sitting on a large boulder about fifteen or twenty paces from him. He supposed it to be some kind of and animal and immediately came down on him with his needle gun. The object immediately rose to its feet and proved to be a man. This man appeared to be covered all over with coarse black hair, seemingly two or three inches long, like the hair of a bear: his beard and the hair of his head were long and thick; he was a man of medium size, and rather fine features-not at all like those of an Indian but more like an American or Spaniard. They stood gazing at each other for a few moments when Mr. Helm spoke to
The Irregular Creature
first in English, and then in Spanish, and then in Italian the man remained silent. He then advanced toward Mr. Helm who not knowing what his intentions might be, again came down on him with the gun to keep him at a distance. The man at once stopped as though he knew there was danger. Mr. Helms called to when
The Wild Man
went over the hill and was soon out of sight and made good his escape. We had frequently before seen this man’s tracks in the part of the mountains, but had supposed them to be tracks of an Indian. Mr. Helm is a man of unquestioned veracity.
Attachments
5835096_n.jpg
5835096_n.jpg (44.68 KiB) Viewed 2583 times

Return to “The Grover Krantz Wing”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting