Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: (BFRO) Shasta County
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:32 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 18298 (Class A)
Submitted by witness M.L.D. on Monday, March 19, 2007. Man collecting pine nuts retreats from intimidation approach, above French Gulch near Lake Shasta

YEAR: 1991

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

DATE: 2nd /3rd week

STATE: California

COUNTY: Shasta County

LOCATION DETAILS: From the City of Redding take the Hwy. to Whiskeytown Lake until you get to the turnoff to French Gulch on the North side heading west. Then take a right turn for the old town of French Gulch. Pass French Gulch still heading North on winding paved road. Then paved road ends to a dirt road. Keep following this road till you get to the signs saying keep out unless you have a permit to cut fire wood. Follow this road and the roads are many from their, then go North By North West several miles into the wilderness.

NEAREST TOWN: French Gulch

NEAREST ROAD: French Gulch Road

OBSERVED: In early June 1991 French Gulch, CA. My son and I took a short vacation to my childhood memories trip area to French Gulch where I remembered an eerie thing that happened back in the mid 60's with my father. I had lived with my grandparents in an small town called Summit City just a few miles below Shasta Lake Dam when my father one day took me to French Gulch way way back deep into the woods North and North East of the French Gulch town.

I remember always feeling as though being watched and sometimes herd really eerie sounds. I remember the eerie sound that made this worse for me to be comfortable. I was a naturalist though and always felt drawn to the deep woods and so it was hard to keep me from it. In latter years after retiring from the U.S. Army I took a trip visiting relatives in Redding, and one evening I packed up the truck for an deep adventure back to those woods and was their mostly to get those big pine cone's with delicious pine nuts.

We left late that evening, getting their as it turned near dark and I felt my memories would help me find the places I had been as an teen with my dad and park and get some sleep and then wake up at some old cabin. It was as if I could practically reach out to the stars that clear bright night and (as well the moon was out partially) some of the ledges on those high peaks were a bit scary driving by them as it was so dark and far down I couldn’t see how far. Then after about three hours of this turn and that and many miles I had forgot to count, and my son fell asleep; I became tired and stopped.

I turned off the truck engine and left the headlights on as I saw so many pine cones about an foot or longer and I began to load a few up. I had a camper shell on the little Plymouth arrow Pickup and could lock ourselves in for the night when time came.

Before I stopped, I just happened to turn the truck around on the road as it made it easier to load some of the pine cones and as I got out beginning to loading more pine cones, that is when I heard that noise and it was very close. I was petrified at the sound as it is nothing like the elk calls that sound a bit eerie too. I began to slowly pick up a few more pine cones as these were only for decorating for our Christmas seasons and as in my childhood days, I would get the green ones that made it from last autumn and were still on the pine trees as I was still the tree climber. I had reached down to pick up the fifth pine cone and it was then I just froze up and full of panicky fear. I could hear up the side of the ledge, ridge, to my right clearly a heavy pounding of what sounded like something very large. Only two distant sounds pounding the ground and the damn thing was coming fast. I dropped the pine cones at once and ran up to the driver’s side fumbling in fear with the door trying to get in the truck. Then I started the truck up and was trying to put it into 1st gear and jammed it in just as I let out the clutch awaking my 7 year old son. I had heard the sound coming down behind the right rear of the truck just before I got the truck started. I happened to look back in the darkness behind the truck as it darted forward and in the dimness of the tail lights I seen this awful dark hairy figure standing upright behind the truck. The moon and the stars were out which helped me see this figure form as well. I had been stricken with such fear that I had never known before at this moment and nearly drove off the side of the road when my son said, “Dad, watch out !!”. I then nearly flipped the truck over, just missing a small log. I had no gun with me. I would have not feared what this was, and would have shot in the air as a warning or at it if I had to.

It was that darn eerie sound and the sound of the thing coming down the steep hillside, and at that second the issue of absolute fear of not having any defense, that got my spirit stirred. I knew for sure it wasn’t a bear, as that memory is still just as plain to see today. It took a while before my son got me to say what happened on the way back as I was barrowing down the mountain as fast as I could, and am surprised I didn’t forget each turn I had to make on the roads I chose going out on the way back.

We just pulled into French Gulch when daylight was breaking and I had to stop and sleep for an hour or so when my son woke me up whining about being hungry. I woke up a bit dazed and it came back to me what had happened and I started up the truck and headed back for Redding. My son was teasing me, “Oh dad it was probably just a bear”.

We reached Uncle Bills place on the right side of the road well before Redding where he lived on some property of his brothers wife’s Father; an Italian whom passed away. Still to this day my son teases me at his age 23.

I was a ranch care taker a few years back in Flagstaff, Arizona, and I had seen a lot of things and heard a lot of things, but nothing that could ever compare to what I experienced on that early morning above French Gulch, and I surely didn’t want to. I always carried a gun with me on that ranch just the south side of Rodgers Dry Lake even in the surrounding woods.

Their were signs posted before entering that forest North of French Gulch stating to keep out during the evening (Night) and cut firewood only during daylight hours. I hadn’t been their for so many years and wanted to experience what I remembered as an teen, but I sure wouldn’t have if I had known what I would have encountered that night.

I’m very serious, because I've studied the Sasquatch or Bigfoot ever since, and would go with someone else today and be a lot more prepared for such an venture, but never again alone like that night and without some serious protection. I have never herd of where this big beast has come up on some one like me and acting like it did, but it sure did with me.

I hope someone does get some physical evidence because I haven’t enjoyed being teased all these years; also we could put an end to the mystery of this beast. I've known what it was like to have big bears visit at night up in the high country of the Colorado Mountains, Rabbit Ear Mountain-Pass area, where I camped with wife and our first born. I’ve been around the world and seen a lot of things from the mountains in West Germany and in South Korea in the Ming Dung Mountains where the Siberian tiger still remained back in 1975. In all those years I have never had such a scare. My body and hands were trembling and I was scared down to the core of my being.

Sincerely,

Sgt. M.L.D. Ret, U.S. Army

ALSO NOTICED: It was very secluded, and the time of month is important for the moon was half or near half. I’m not sure if the half was during the 1st week of the month, but my guess was about 2nd week. I don’t remember that well the exact date but sure enough the moon was about half that night. It’s been nearly sixteen years ago, and the memory was the moon was 1/2 or about 1/2 out and it was in June. I remember it was very early summer.

OTHER WITNESSES: As stated!

OTHER STORIES: I haven’t been back there and my uncle didn’t say nor did my father when I was little and visited that area. My father never stayed out their either after daylight hours. If anyone knew something it was kept very quiet. I would think back in them days from being misunderstood like someone seeing a U.F.O. It is the feeling I got as there were many stories that my indian grandmother told me, but I always thought she was funning around. She was half Choctaw and told me many stories even from Oklahoma. Some stories I encountered while in the army but I had thought it just someone funning around as I did years latter when I lived up in Spanaway, Washington. There were things like rumors about Sasquatch or Bigfoot, but this is all I can share that I am aware of at said time or since.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 2 A.M. Conditions included in story. It was a bit cool that night, about 65 degrees.

ENVIRONMENT: Pine forest, Mountain Ridges, You may find an old Cabin way in the back country.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

On the evening of April 9, 2007 this witness and I talked for well over an hour discussing his encounter. It happened above the mining area of French Gulch, California back in June of 1991. One of the reasons that M.L.D. went into this wilderness area was to try and show his son where he and his father and uncle used to go when he was his age. He never found the exact spot, but when he found the large pine cones he thought that was enough progress for that night, and he was tired as well.

He turned his pick-up truck around, leaving the lights on. He got out of his truck and opened up the camper shell door and the pick-up truck's tail gate. He began to gather up the large pine cones and put them into the back of the truck. As he was picking up the pine cones he heard the eerie screech coming from the ridge behind his truck.

He dropped the pine cones he had gathered and started to make a retreat. He then heard some loud thumping sounds that were getting louder as they approached him. They sounded like two large feet hitting the ground and as they got closer. That sound, plus the screeching sound immediately before, made him tremble with fear. He knew that it wasn’t a bear or an elk, or anything else that he knew about that lives out in that forest.

As he closed the door of his truck and started up the engine, he observed a large dark form in his rear view mirrors moving towards his truck. The figure was slightly illuminated by the truck tail lights. There was also some moonlight that helped define the figure.

He saw it for about 5 seconds. He could only see from the shoulders down to its knees. It was a an upright man-like figure. In his estimation it weighed several hundred pounds. He could see the shoulders. One of its arms hung down, and the other appeared to be moving up as the figure was moving towards the truck.

The fur seemed shaggy but the body looked very strong and muscular. He thought the hair on its chest was shorter than the hair on its arms. He recalled that the figure seemed to have a reddish tone to its fur, but he thinks that was probably the tail light's reflection. The open camper shell door shielded the tail light illuminaton from the shoulders of the figure on up.

M.L.D. is a disabled Army veteran. He was wounded in action. I thanked him for his service and sacrifices for his country. I also thanked him for the story of his encounter. This incident shook this gentleman to his core, and it still bothers him. He felt as if he was trespassing on something's protected property.

My wife and I took this same road about 12 or 15 years ago when we wanted to see some back country by going through Redding, and then up Hwy 5 to Lakehead, which is located at the north end of Shasta Lake. We decided to take this back road out of French Gulch, going north to Dog Creek Rd. and then east to Hwy. 5, and then south to Lakehead. My wife still remembers the weird wood cutting sign that M.L.D. described.

I received the following e-mail message from him on 04-10-07:

Richard,

For what it's worth, I remembered another thing when I was visiting at Shasta Dam. I had spent so much time up at that dam as an teen. I remembered a few hours later after speaking with you when I visited the dam I went inside with my son and signed the visitors book. This accounted for my presence in the Redding area for that time period for the year and month and day Jun/1991 approximately 12-15 June and the trip to French Gulch was at least 2 days after the visit to Shasta Dam!!

All my son can account for was the situation as he woke up and saw me driving and very scared. He remembers how scared I was, and remembers me talking about it once in a while. He was so little back then and it was hard to explain at his age what it was that I had seen. He did hear the conversation with his great Uncle Bill, and his Uncle Bill teasing me. But even Uncle Bill declined to go back up their with me when I teased him back. He was a Bronze star war hero that saved many lives in some of the famous battles in the Korean war. He's got two Purple Hearts but he got pretty jittery about going up their to French Gulch area!! He wouldn’t have any part of it!! It is hard when one does not know what they are up against -- the unknown. When this happened to me that night it was the unknown what I was faced with.

My first experience with serious fear was in South Korea in Aug 76, when we nearly went to war when the tree was cut down at Panmunjon at the38th parallel (D.M.Z.) I saw at age 19 what near war was like for the first time and was placed on an motor gun I had no training on. I had wanted so dearly an M-60 machine gun I knew 100% how to fight with. Good thing all cooled off in a couple of weeks!! At least some of what I was up against I knew how to face. When the Iranian crisis happened I was in the Mohave Desert training Nov 79 to Dec 79 and well trained to go to battle. Yet when we loaded up on the C-130's and we were on our way we all sweated some fear of the unknown. Yet we were aware what we were about to face, in some ways. When the incident happened that night above French Gulch I felt a fear that shook me to the core. It is difficult to convey that kind of fear. I was caught totally unawares, and didn't know what this thing was, or what action I could take. I feel I did the best thing I could do given the situation.

One thing, I just may have shot a warning shot in the air as I had learned as a soldier to do. If that didn’t work I would have chosen to skedaddle anyway. Only when faced with what one can see can one choose to point the gun and shoot or not shoot!! If I can remember anything else I'll let you know.

M.L.D. Retired, U.S. Army Sergeant.

[Graphic below added by editor MM. Frame from Google Earth showing location French Gulch area with respect to Mount Shasta , Lake Shasta, Whiskeytown Lake, etc.]

Attachment:
Report 18298.gif
Report 18298.gif [ 65.67 KiB | Viewed 2081 times ]

Additional information received on July 4, 2007:

"I was viewing your web site last night, and realized that your Case # 18298, submitted by M.L.D. on Monday, March 19, 2007 was very similar to what happened to me on three occasions.

# 1 ) July 9, 1983 a few miles north of French Gulch on Shasta County Road 106 ; 2:20 p.m., bright sunshine, very hot summer day with no wind or cloud cover, terrain is mountainous with large areas of heavy brush and large pine and fir trees, creek on east side of road.

Stopped to take some pictures of old rusty logging and mining equipment along side of road. After being there for about 30 minutes, started to hear strange sounds coming from a heavily wood area about 150 feet away. Over the next hour this escalated into very loud hoots and screams, tree limbs breaking, and rocks being thrown.

The sounds at first seemed to come from one location, BUT, later started coming from the opposite direction also. At that point I figured it was best to leave

# 2 ) July 11, 1983 North of French Gulch on Shasta County Road # 106 also called “Trinity Mountain Road” a place marked “Cosy Dell “on the map. 6 p.m., bright sunshine, very hot with no wind or cloud cover. Terrain is mountainous with heavy brush and large trees.

Found a wide spot to pull off the road and parked to take pictures and observe what was happening. When I first stopped there was all kind of sounds from birds, frogs, crickets, that only lasted for 15 to 20 minutes, then it was completely silent, not a sound.

Followed by loud crashing sounds, like something was running through the timber at a high rate of speed breaking tree limbs. This was followed by about 45 minutes of dead silent, and then all hell broke loose, rocks and pine cones were being thrown in my direction, loud screams coming from 3 or 4 different locations,
I left after about ten minutes when a rock the size of a dinner plate (about 10”) hit the passenger side window of my two month old Chevy pickup truck.

# 3 ) July 14, 1983 About 10 a.m. Location marked on map as “Mad Cow Mountain “. It is located west –northwest from Lakehead, CA on the north end of Shasta Lake on Interstate # 5.
This area is almost on the Shasta-Trinity County line.
To access the area you leave Interstate # 5 at Vollmers and take the Dog Creek Road west.

Bright sunshine, very hot, no wind or cloud cover. Terrain is very mountainous with heavy brush and areas of large timber.

Arrived at area on the north side of Mad Cow Mountain, not much here other than heavy brush, some areas of large timber, lots old logging skid trails.

After about an hour without anything happening, I started to leave when sounds started coming from some heavy timber up hill from where I was. It sounded like two creatures running down hill in my direction, it was crash, crash, crash as they broke tree limbs on there way.

After all that noise it became dead quite for 20 minutes or more, I had the feeling that I was not alone, that something was watching me. What followed was pure hell for the next 15 minutes,
Rocks, pine cones, tree limbs and clumps of brush with dirt still around the roots was being thrown toward the pickup truck,

I began to think I had better get out of here, when everything stopped, not a sound, that lasted about 20 to 30 minutes then I started to here low grunts ( pig like sounds) followed by some very high pitched screams, then the sound of two heavy footed creatures leaving, going back up the north side of Mad Cow Mountain.

At this point I was relived and puzzled by what had happened in the last couple hours, since everything seemed to be quite, I decided to break out lunch and see what happened.

At about 4 p.m, six hours after I first arrived at this location, I heard calls and hoots coming from the north side of the mountain, followed by the same sounds coming from other directions.

A few minute before 6 p.m... nothing happening, was getting ready to leave, when something very heavy landing in the bed of my pickup truck, it was a large clump of brush with a large amount of dirt around the roots,

After that I decided to not play this game with creatures that are two to three times bigger then I am, so I made a graceful retreat.

My reason for being at those locationsm because a very elderly ( middle 90’s ) Native American who lived in Yreka, CA told me about the above areas and said that he lived there when he was in his teens and early 20’s.

Told about seeing Bigfoots on many occasions and even interacting with Bigfoots of his own age. He spoke of the Bigfoot in the same terms as he described his early years, “They where there …just part of it “.

He described locations where he knew Bigfoots were living and what to expect if you “Trespassed on their lands “

I have lived in Siskiyou County since the late 1950’s, owned and operated cattle ranches for over 40 years, hunted and fished most of the wild areas in the north end of California, Southern Oregon,
Including the Marble Mountains, Red Buttes, Siskiyou, Mt Shasta, Russian, and Trinity Alps Wilderness Areas.

When I first moved to Siskiyou County I didn’t believe in all those tall tales about Bigfoot told to me by old time cattle ranchers who have lived here there whole life.

BUT, after many hunting and fishing trips into the back country made me start to realize that what I had seen, heard and smelled were not tall tales but the real thing. A very large creature that walked up right on two legs, very long arms that are massive in size and strength , shy at times, aggressive if you trespass on it’s area.

Roger S.

530-***-****

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) Shasta County
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:35 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 15540 (Class B)
Submitted by M.S. on Wednesday, August 16, 2006. Woman describes a childhood encounter outside a tent on the edge of Lake Shasta

YEAR: 1970

MONTH: August

DATE: unknown

LOCATION DETAILS: This was at the McCloud Campsite on Lake Shasta. It was before I knew how to drive so I do not recall highways and such. I have no idea if McCloud is still there. It was pretty popular then though, but not over corwded. For all I know it could be a huge hotel and casino by now ... I hope not. It was quite rustic at the time I was there in 1970.

NEAREST TOWN: Lakehead

NEAREST ROAD: Gilman Rd.

OBSERVED: I was on a family camping trip. There were a lot of us. I was 13 at the time and I had never heard of Bigfoot. The way our camp was laid out was that all of us girls (two sisters, their friends and a friend of mine) were all staying in one big army tent. My brother and his friend were in a smaller tent off to the east closer to the drop off to the lake. Then my parents were in their own tent at the far west end of the campsite. There had been a lot of trouble with bears that summer so all campers were advised to hang their food high up in the trees. My Dad did that and I remember him standing under the bag of food a good three feet over his head about 10 to 15 feet from the door to our tent to the left. My Dad was 5'10".

As for myself, I really wanted to see a bear. I was a very outdoorsy kid and would have preferred to sleep outside of the tent actually. I had little fear of the dark, or the night, and it was my goal to see a bear. I am quit sure we were there for two weeks that year and as I remember it, my sighting occurred about a week in to being there ... since I spent several days after that looking for traces of what I had seen.

I slept closest to the door and somewhere during the middle of the night I heard a little stirring outside. Everyone else was asleep and I didn't wake anyone since I had already been informed (emphatically) that no one else wanted to see a bear. I very quietly and carefully crawled to the door of the tent and cautiously stuck my head out the door. I looked over to where the food bag was hanging and saw something that was unquestionably NOT a bear. What I saw was two dark hairy creatures just standing there under the food bag like they were negotiating how to get it down or something. One of them was a good foot taller than the other. My Dad would have come to the bottom of chest of the biggest one. They were just huge! The smaller one was probably just a head taller than my dad. I had that as a gauge after all since I had seen my Dad standing there in the very same spot under the bag, and he hung the food bag in the same place every night. They were VERY tall and very upright.

I had never heard of a Bigfoot at that time, but I knew these were not bears. Bears are pear shaped and standing upright isn't a position of comfort for them. For that matter, they don't just 'stand' next to each other like they are carrying on a conversation. The incident took place very quickly. It was fast, but I was VERY impressed and it was clear to me immediately that I was seeing something extraordinary.

What happened was that as I saw them, and saw that they were something unexpected, I did one of those surprised intakes of breath ... a true 'gasp' I guess you could say. They heard that and both turned and looked at me. Then, they turned and looked at each other, looked back at me again, and then ... they were just gone. They made not a sound. One moment they were there, and then they were not. I did not go out of the tent. I did think about it, but ... I laid awake all that night thinking about it. I had absolutely no idea what I had seen.

The next morning the first thing I did was go out in the direction I saw them leave to see if I could find tracks, but the earth was very hard and dry there. I didn't see anything. It might be that someone more skilled than I was at the time might have found some trace, but I didn't. I did spend a goodly amount of the remainder of that vacation watching and walking in the woods. I recall I even passed on water skiing a few times to go search the woods.

I didn't tell anyone what I saw until a few years later. I told NO ONE at the time. I was the youngest in my family and already endured a considerable amount of teasing on a regular basis ... you know, kid stuff. I was not about to tell anyone I saw a 7 foot (or so) tall hairy man creature in the campsite. It would not have gone well.

Oh, what I saw of them ... Hairy, with long hanging brown to black hair. I didn't catch any gender features. I just assumed the smaller one was female, but I have no reason to think that since I was mostly just seeing their height ... and the fact that they looked at me ... they LOOKED at me. Uh ... there just aren't words. I did catch that the arms were quite long and they were very big in the chest, shoulders and upper arms, not so much in the hips. Nope these were not bears at all. I do not recall if there was any strong scent associated with my sighting.

I didn't know what I saw until a year or so later when I saw a picture of the famous movie footage. I was so excited to see something that looked like what I had seen.
I am 49 now ... I will never forget.

ALSO NOTICED: Well, there was a strangeness about it all like it just seemed staged or something. If they had been standing anywhere else I would have not had such a clear gauge of their height and bigness. They were just standing there like they were waiting for somethng to happen. I did not have the impression that they were interested in the food bag itself, but they were standing directly under it. Do I think it was persons in hairy outfits standing in our campsite in the middle of the night? No. It did feel strangely like a staged event though. That has always been a mystery to me.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just myself ...

OTHER STORIES: No.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Sometime in the middle of the night while camping. Lighting was not good enough to see great detail, but plenty good enough to make out eye contact.

ENVIRONMENT: It was pine forest at the edge of the lake. The lake level had dropped a few years before leaving a wide band of exposed bank that was mostly rock covered in the area where we were. Beyond our campsite was a dry creekbed that I am sure was a stream in the rainy season. Our camp was at the west (?) edge of the camp grounds up on a hill area away from the central grounds.

I called M on August 18, 2006. She now lives in the state of Washington.

After discussing her incident I asked if she would be able to give an artist enough details to make a good sketch. She said she didn't see enough details for a good sketch. There was just enough moonlight and star light to see a clear silhouette of the figures.

As she stated above, she heard an odd sound which woke her up. Consequently she quietly moved to the tent door flap on her belly, expecting to see a bear. Standing on two legs before her were two very tall unknown creatures that were very tall and large, especially around their chest and shoulder areas. When she made a gasping sound both creatures immediately turned to look in her direction. She could momentarily see the moonlight reflecting off of their eyes. She said, “When they turned to look at me, it was like two persons at a dinner party being startled by the sound of something falling on the floor loudly." She added, "They must have had necks; they just weren't highly definable or visible due to the hair around the neck. Anyway, they turned their heads as they looked down at me, then they both seemed to look back at each other and then back down at me again.”

The figures moved off in different directions from where they were standing and quietly disappeared into the darkness.

Her observation lasted about 5 or 6 seconds. She was about 15 to 20 feet away from them, on her belly, looking up at them from her tent door. She saw the side profile of them -- the right side of the smaller one and the left side of the larger one.

As they moved away she noticed the hair hanging from their long strong arms and back. The creatures seemed to be dark in color, could have been ether black or dark brown. She did not see any facial features, just the eyes that briefly reflected the moonlight.

M saw the Patterson footage a couple of years after her encounter. She is very credible.

About BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

* Four years in the United States Navy, 1955-1959 (Combat Air Crewman on P4M Mercator Patrol Aircraft)
* 37 years in the aerospace industry: 33 years with General Electric at Edwards AFB; More than 5 years with the Northrop Grumman Corp. at Edwards AFB (Flight Line Mechanic on the B-2 Bomber).
* During 20 of those years at Edwards he was a Reserve Deputy Sheriff for the County of Los Angeles.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:38 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 13549 (Class B)
Submitted by LD on Thursday, January 12, 2006. Evening sighting by a motorist near Shingletown

YEAR: 2006

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: January

DATE: 7th

LOCATION DETAILS: Start from Redding ,California ,Go HWY 44 East just past Shingletown, California.

NEAREST TOWN: Shingletown

NEAREST ROAD: Just before the KOA camp grounds

OBSERVED: Hi, my Name is [L. D.] I am 56 Years old and live in Redding California. Last Saturday evening on January 7, 2006, my wife and I drove from Redding to Shingletown about 26 miles east of Redding to see a puppy that we wanted to buy.

It was a very dark night with fog like clouds low to the ground, so I had to pay very close attention to the road. About 6 miles past Shingletown there is a stretch of road that is straight. About 300 feet up the road from the car, I saw this thing walking across the road. It looked very tall with big long arms. It had a very large walking stride. It walked like it knew a car was coming, because it went up the side embankment of about 12 to 15 feet.

I am just a normal man and I know what I saw. This is not to far from Lassen Park.

ALSO NOTICED: None

OTHER STORIES: None

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 6;30pm very wet like drizzle and very low clouds. It was dark already.My truck head lights were on low beams.

ENVIRONMENT: Pine Forest

I talked with LD by phone on the evening of 26, Jan. 2006 about his brief sighting that he had while returning from Shingletown towards Redding, CA. LD has a very vivid memory of that sighting. He is a credible witness.

Other details gathered from the phone conversation:

They were about eight minutes out of town. It was about 3500 foot elevation on highway 44. He said there were, “many pine trees on both sides of that road. He said many of the trees were at least four feet in diameter at their base. He first saw the figure about 300 ft. ahead of him, barely illuminated by his truck headlights.

It was walking across the road from south to north, and I could only see it from the left side.

“When I got within about two hundred feet of it my first thoughts were that I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.I knew what it was, and that it had to be abBigfoot. This creature was on two legs walking like a power walker would walk, with a very long stride and with its arms making a very large arc as a power walker would be doing trying to make its body move faster."

"The hair color looked very dark and was probably black. While this creature was in the middle of the road it made a real quick turn to look toward my truck headlights."

"It looked just like the one in the Patterson film, meaning the one that the two cowboys filmed when they were on horse back in a river bed.”

“It seemed surprised but not scared of the truck and its headlights. It looked at my truck like it was making sure that it was going to make it safely across the road.

"It had the biggest, thickest, chest, shoulders and arms than you could imagine. It looked larger than three people put together."

“I wasn’t too scared of what I had seen, but I wasn’t going to stop, and or get out of my truck to check out the area where it had crossed the road. I was way too busy watching and thinking to myself, am I really seeing what I am seeing? Then it was gone before I could ask my wife about what had just taken place. I never seen any facial features, or smelled anything strange. If I were in the woods hunting, and seen one of these things, I could not shoot at it because of those human characteristics. There is no comparing this creature with a gorilla, because they are totally different in walk and mannerisms.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:39 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 14323 (Class B)
Submitted by witness D.A. on Thursday, April 06, 2006. Possible camp stalking in Jones Valley, Lake Shasta

YEAR: 2003

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: April

DATE: 19

LOCATION DETAILS: An undeveloped campground in Jones Valley, on the way into Jones Valley Resort.

NEAREST TOWN: Jones Valley, Lake Shasta

NEAREST ROAD: Bear Mtn.

OBSERVED: Here's what I encountered on 4/19/2003, at least the best that I can remember; at the Jones Valley Campground, Lake Shasta, CA.

It was about 22:00, slightly over cast and very calm and quiet. In hindsight I remember how odd it was for it to be that quiet on a Saturday night on Lake Shasta. Not even insects were making any noise.I had been sitting in front of a small, almost-out fire for some time when I heard a large tree branch break about 50 yards away. It was sort of an instant 'pop' sound and the branch never hit the ground. Initially it startled me but after about 10 minutes I had just written it off as one of the normal noises that the woods make at night. Then I heard another branch break in the same fashion maybe 10-15 yards from where the first had been broken, again never hitting the ground. Within a minute or two I heard approximately 10 to 13 VERY heavy footsteps heading more or less in my direction. Then after a few more minutes had passed I heard another branch break about 10 yards from were I was.

I woke up one of the other fellows that were camping with me and told him something was coming up on us and I had no idea what it was. We then heard about 3 or 4 more footsteps and that was it. My friend took up refuge in the camper at this point. I didn't see anything as it was very dark and whatever this was was in an area of trees.

I have been camping in the woods since I was a very young boy and have encountered just about every type of animal there is, at least in California. This was definitely walking on two feet. I'm confident that it was not a bear because they generally don't take very long strides when they stand on two feet. Furthermore most of the bears that I have encountered in this region are black bears and not very large.

I'm submitting this in hopes for an explanation. Was it a deer in season or a rabid bear or what I don't know, I'm at a loss.

OTHER WITNESSES: none.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Approx 2200 Hrs.

ENVIRONMENT: Lakeshore, slightly hilly, edged by medium dense forest.

I spoke with the witness by phone. His submission above covers all of the most important details of the incident. He and his group did not attempt to look for footprints the next day.

There have been several sightings in and around this southern section of Lake Shasta in the recent past.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:39 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 4637 (Class B)
Submitted by witness L. B. on Wednesday, July 10, 2002. Family hears late night vocalizations near Lake McCumber

YEAR: 2002

MONTH: June

DATE: 26

LOCATION DETAILS: off interstate five, turn towards Dutsches RD. that is next to the outlet stores in Redding.

NEAREST TOWN: Lake McCumber

NEAREST ROAD: east 44 (I think)

OBSERVED: It was about 3AM at Lake McCumber, California. I was with my mom, aunt and uncle, and my uncles son and daughter in law. My uncle and his son stayed up all night listening to the strange noise that was somewhere in the meadow. They had no idea of what animal it was, I did. I had heard this noise before. I woke up my mom who didn't want to hear it at all. I bet that the nieghbors across the meadow seen the creature, or at least heard it more clearer than us. This event happened June 26th of 2002.

ALSO NOTICED: The next morning a fawn was laying in the meadow, and had no mother.

OTHER WITNESSES: 4 witnesses. One was sleeping, two were on the deck chatting and listening to nature, and I was laying in bed with my 4 month old daughter.

OTHER STORIES: nope

TIME AND CONDITIONS: no moonlight because the moon was full earlier that evening. 3AM. Slightly cold.

ENVIRONMENT: There was a meadow, a creek, the lake up the road, lots of forest vegatation, lots of deer and wildlife.

Follow-up investigation report:

Talked with witness by phone. The following details can be added to the report.
--Sound was high-pitched howling.
--Lasted for 2 hours off and on from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m.
--Witness believes it was just one individual, since a return call was not heard.
--Sound was not a mountain lion or dogs, but more human-like.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:40 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 3029 (Class B)
Submitted by witness D. H. on Tuesday, August 21, 2001. Couple hears late night screams near Viola

YEAR: 2001

MONTH: August

DATE: 9

LOCATION DETAILS: Two miles west of Viola of Highway 44 (Near Lassen, 9 miles west of Shingletown)

NEAREST TOWN: Viola

NEAREST ROAD: Highway, 44

OBSERVED: On 8-9-01 we were staying in a small cabin 9 miles from the Lassen Park entrance, about 2 miles from Viola on Highway 44. My wife woke me up as she heard a strange screaming-like sound. I was immediately awake and heard what can only be described as a scream-like call that repeated itself. It lasted about 25 seconds and was quite loud but seemed to be at least a half mile or so past our 20-acre spot, which is on a creek.

I really didn't give it much thought although I knew it wasn't a mountain lion, bear or owl. A few days later I mentioned it to a friend as the sound was so otherworldly and hard to describe. He suggested and I rather skeptically checked a few bigfoot sites and was amazed to hear the same exact sound that had been recorded at different places in Nothern California and Oregon. It certainly doesn't sound like anything else. Can't say it was bigfoot, but the sound is exactly the same.

OTHER WITNESSES: Two witnesses sleeping

OTHER STORIES: no

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 3:30 am, cool, quiet. Don't recall if there was a moon but I think it was quite dark.

ENVIRONMENT: Forest

The witness added the following comments to his report:
"We have a cabin in the area and often sleep outside during the summer, no such sounds ever prior. The area is located almost 9 miles east of Shingletown on Route 44 at sign post for Rock Creek Road. I did come across a visual sighting of abour ten years ago posted some place or another on the web at the rest stop on route 44, about 3 miles away. Haven't heard anything since then. Really a bit of a skeptic myself but the sound we heard, whatever it is, is the same WAV file on several of the bigfood sites".

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:41 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 11986 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, June 27, 2005. Daylight sighting by guide and two tourists at Lake Shasta Caverns

YEAR: 2001

SEASON: Winter

LOCATION DETAILS: At Lake Shasta Caverns, take tour/boat across lake then up mountain to Cavern entrance, look off to the ravine in front of you and look for skid trail of large proportion

NEAREST TOWN: Redding

NEAREST ROAD: Obrien

ALSO NOTICED: Two days or so before I had been stationed alone at the entrance doing general cleaning while waiting for the bus to arrive with my next tour. I didn't think much of it at first but there were rocks comming down the hill side and hitting the building. This became more frequent and disturbing as the area above was trees and brush, not likely just a rock slide. The numer of times this occured also became much more frequent through out the weeks.
Then came a sort of rainy cloudy day in March of 2001, I think, when I was on the mountain by myself. At Lake Shasta Caverns we had tours leaving 3 times a day and it was the last one that day. From way up on top of the mountain you couldn't see much beyond you and I'd say the visiblity was 300 yards or less. My tour arrived and turned out to only be two people, a male and female. The bus driver turned the bus around and returned to the bottom of the hill. As the three of us were standing there we were looking out across the ravine talking quietly when we heard some rustling and distinct thumps on the ground. They asked me what it was and I just kept watching thearea it was comming from. As we were looking up and down the ravine 200yrds away, a never before noticed, but clearly viewable, skid path was spotted by the man on my tour. He had a high pwered scope type camera and zoomed in. All the while we were still waiting to see what was moving down the ravine at such a high speed and moving the tops of what I thought to be pretty large trees on this path. And out of the overgrowth we saw it. Huge, on two feet arms clearly swinging wide in front of it and behind it. In a matter of 2 seconds or so it was no longer visible but we could still hear it. The thumping was it's feet running down hill to the water of the lake, straight down. The echo continued until suddenly a silence. I turned to the man and asked if he got it. He said," I don't know, I think so." I then immediatly ran for the emergency radio we keep in the storage/employee room and called down to the bus at the bottom. I told them what we all saw and to be careful and get up here, we want to go, NOW. My boss then came across and told me to calm down, get inside the building and wait there for the bus. When we got back across the lake to the main gift shop I exchanged numbers with the people on the tour but my boss kept theirs and I have not gotten anything from the from that day. The only thing I know about them is that they live in Santa Rosa california somewhere and were on vacation.
I quit my job as a tour guide there shortly after because I wouldn't sit up on that mountain by myself ever again. It is a penninsula with no raods, houses, or people. 30 miles west and 10 miles East of pure nothing, accessable only by boat. Perfect habbitat I would say.

OTHER WITNESSES: Yes, the two tourist that were with me. A lady and a gentleman that had a camera.

OTHER STORIES: Only strange sounds and sticks and large rocks be thrown at the back of the unit/building at top the mountain.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: rainy, cloudy day

ENVIRONMENT: Steep pine forested hill side on the East Side of Shasta Lake arm of the McCloud River inlet. The exact sighting area was on or across the Rock Slide across from the entrance of the cave.Ravine terrrain

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Brian Zanze:

I conducted a somewhat lengthy telephone interview with the witness. She is quite credible. She has a clear recollection of the sighting and added some interesting details not included in the initial report.

All three witnesses saw a large, black figure moving rapidly on two legs down the side of the ravine toward the lake. The witness noted the figure's arms were "swinging as far as its strides." She described the path it was using as well-worn, "like where a log had been skidded."

It was the rhythmic thumping, which the witness later determined to be the sound of the creature's feet hitting the ground, and the shaking of the trees and bushes, that drew the attention of the witnesses to the break in the foliage where they briefly saw the figure.

In recalling the events, the witness noted that the increasing incidence of rocks and sticks hitting the building at the cavern entrance (which she referred to as "unit 4") took place during the weeks before the sighting, but only when she was alone. At that time, she was the only female guide on the staff.

She also reported frequently experiencing a feeling of "being watched" while there, and occasionally experiencing unexplained fear. This was particularly noticeable at the end of the day, after she had finished her last tour and had to lock up the entrance and exit of the cave by herself. She also reported noticing a strong "smell of death", similar to, but not quite the same as, a decaying animal corpse, coming down off the mountain on occasion as well.

The witness noted that she was raised in the mountains of Northern California, that she is not afraid to be alone in the woods, and that these sensations of fear were unusual for her.

Further clarification on investigation:

This investigator is quite familiar with the location of the sighting, having been to the caverns as a tourist. Not only was the witness' description of relevant details consistent with my own observations and knowledge of the site, but during the course of the interview it became quite clear she knew the place very well.

It also may be significant to note, as the witness did in her initial report, that there is no access road to the site from the land side. It is very isolated, located about halfway up the face of a rather rugged mountain. Tours leave from the visitor's center and cross the McCloud arm of Lake Shasta on a small ferry to a dock on the East shore. From the lake shore, a bus takes you up a series of hairpin turns on a steep, one lane road to the unit 4 building at the cavern entrance.

I also questioned the witness concerning the apparent inconsistency in the original report concerning the weather on the day of the sighting. She is quite sure that the weather was cloudy, and that the reference to the "warm, sunny day" was a mistake, although some of the other incidents she mentioned did occur on sunny days. In a subsequent phone call, she gave the BFRO permission to correct this inconsistency in her original report.

Further investigation, including the effort to locate the additional witnesses, remains ongoing.

About BFRO Investigator Brian Zanze:

Brian Zanze is an attorney in Northern California.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:42 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 835 (Class B)
Submitted by witness J. B. on Thursday, November 30, 2000. Hunter sees prints near Round Mountain

YEAR: 2000

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: September

LOCATION DETAILS: Hwy 299 East Round Mountain, CA. South side of 299 Roseburg Land, 8 miles off main highway, up dirt road.

NEAREST TOWN: Round Mountain, CA

NEAREST ROAD: 299 East

OBSERVED: I live in Redding Calif. My incident occurred while I was hunting in Round Mountain Calif., about 25 miles from Redding. I was rifle hunting for deer in zone C1 on Roseburg land and had been up in that area for about three months scouting archery and at this time rifle. My friends and I had camped up in this area off and on all this time, but on this day I had went to the mountain myself since my friends were done hunting for the year due to not seeing any bucks. I however thought I would give it one more try. It was late Sept 2000 early morning around 7.00 am and I was driving up a dirt road that I had been up and down many times before when I noticed a very old skid road covered in bush. I knew that there was a large draw behind the bush because I could see just the top of it, so I parked my truck and started to walk up the skid road. There was a small creek on my left as the bush started to clear and I could see up the draw so I stopped to hunt for a while. At this time I was about 150 yds up the old road standing by the creek. I looked down to the dirt on the creeks side and saw what looked a lot like a persons footprint but immediately knew better this track was easy 17"long and 6" wide.

ALSO NOTICED: After seeing the first prints, I saw a small dirt mound with prints. I seemed to me that it tried to get out of the area fast, like it saw me.

OTHER STORIES: In this area there are many sightings that have been reported. However I was very reluctant to tell this to anyone because of disbelief only after thinking though this very hard have I wanted to know what I saw. I told two friends the size of the prints and when I got on your web page and read about similar prints.

ENVIRONMENT: Mid-wooded area, small creek past the cabin that is on the right hand side of the dirt road. Large draw on the same side.

“Not long after I sent you my report on the prints, my hunting partner was up in the same area hunting, we estimate 1/4 of a mile from my sighting area and aprox. 4 days after. He called me and told me he was walking down an over-grown skid road and run across the very same size prints that I had saw ( 17 inches long and 5 to 6 inches across). These prints clearly showed five toes where I could only make out 4 in the muddy area where I ran across my tracks. We both believe this to be the same tracks. Now about two weeks after his sighting of the tracks we went to the same area and had set up camp. We went hunting that afternoon and arrived back at camp early 9:00. It was dark when we heard this scream coming from the hill right above us. We heard this scream off and on for about a half hour then nothing. We had never heard anything like it. We sat there for a little while longer and then went to bed. We were in bed no more then a hour when all of a sudden we heard this banging outside (we where both in the back of or campers). I opened the back of my camper and so did my partner and shined our lights on each other. We realized that something had picked up our atv trailer and was beating up and down on the ground. We couldn’t see because the trailer was behind both our trucks aprox. 20 yards. All of a sudden it stopped and we heard something going up the hill. The next morning we got up and looked at the trailer and it had been moved, but we couldn’t see any tracks because the ground was covered in grass (our camp spot was 20 yards form a small stream). There was no food even near the trailer so we don’t believe it to be a bear”.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:43 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 11496 (Class A)
Submitted by Penny on Friday, April 29, 2005. Lady has two Northern California sightings, over a 20year period

YEAR: 1970 1990

LOCATION DETAILS: The Lake Shasta sighting was up the Pit River arm of Lake Shasta, which is East of the Jones Valley Resort.

NEAREST TOWN: Redding, California

NEAREST ROAD: I believe the road was called, Bear Mountain Road that leads to the Jones Valley Resort, where we launched our boat.

OBSERVED: I have seen Bigfoot two times. The first time was one summer in the late 1970s. My friend and I were camping in the Tahoe National Forest in California. We were camping out of a station wagon, as we did not have a tent. My friend was cooking on the Hibachi, and I was sitting on the tailgate of the station wagon watching him. We were in a newly planted area of seedling pines. The surrounding that area was old growth pine trees. I looked over at the old growth area and there stood Big Foot. He was about 5' tall, and hairy all over. His eyes were large as if he were use to living in darker environment. I told my friend to turn around slowly, and look, as he did the Bigfoot melted out of sight back into the forest.

After we had gone to bed for the night around 2:00 AM in the morning, something hit the station wagon so hard that it rocked back and forth. Scared me half silly. The windows were clouded inside with moisture, and the night was dark.

The next time I saw Bigfoot, I was at Lake Shasta in the late 1990s. Wayne, Ginger the dog, and I were bass fishing on the lake, and the weather was warm. On the shore was Bigfoot walking down towards the water. When he got there he swooped his left arm down into the water as if he were checking a trap to see if there were any fish in it. He stood up and walked up the steep hill without any effort. He was huge. From the boat he appeared to be at least 7 to 8 feet tall. He had long shaggy hair, very dark brown. While all of this is going on Ginger the dog was going berserk. She was running around the boat yelping and howling. I told Wayne there is Bigfoot. He did not see him. The place where we had launched the boat was in the Jones Valley Resort area.

When I tell people I have seen Bigfoot, and they think I am crazy. I'm not. Cousin Bob went out fishing with Wayne not too long after that. He said he saw something also. He said he didn't know if it was a turkey hunter in disguise or what, but it walked up the steep hill with no effort.

ALSO NOTICED: During the first sighting, late 1970’s, the vehicle was hit with powerful force during the night.

OTHER WITNESSES: None. I was the only person who saw them both times.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: During the first sighting, late 1970’s, time was dusk, and it was summer. During the second sighting, late 1990’s, it was a nice warm summer day, well lit, with no clouds or rain.

ENVIRONMENT: Both times were in pine forest.

Tonight, the 18th of May 2005, Penny called me, and we went over her two sightings, the first one that took place during the late 1970’s (For a specific location, see below) in the Tahoe National Forest, and the last one that took place in the late 1990’s on Lake Shasta, California. Penny’s ex-husband told her about the BFRO, after he had seen an article in a Redding newspaper, called the Record Searchlight. His reason for telling her about us was that he knew that she had observed a Bigfoot while they were both fishing up the Pit River arm of Lake Shasta.

Penny relayed a few more details that she could recall, her first sighting, which took place in the Tahoe National Forest in the late 1970’s, off on a dirt-logging road that was off of Hwy 89, about ½ way between Truckee and Sierraville, California. (You can use the Northern California Delorme Atlas, Page 81, Index A 6, to better find that location.) She and a friend were camping in an area that was newly planted with seedling pine trees. The time was at dusk and it was getting dark fast, they were trying to cook dinner before it got too dark. She was sitting on the tailgate of the station wagon, when she looked past her boy friend and into the old growth pine tress, which were about 50 feet or so away. She said that she was surprised, but wasn’t scared. This 5’ tall creature was just standing there, on two legs, watching them, and had its arms down along its sides. She noticed the eyes, because they were really round, and they reminded her of the eyes of monkeys that only come out at night. The creature was covered totally with hair, which was a dark brown to black. The arms seemed much longer than a humans arm, because they extended down to its knees. Penny said, “because of the creatures size, it was not a child or an adult, and I thought it weighed about 150 pounds or maybe a little more.” She couldn’t tell if it was a male of a female, and it never made any noise. As she was attempting to tell her boy friend, to turn around slowly, to see what she was seeing, the creature just "melted" back into the forest and out of sight, so he never had the opportunity to see it. Her total time of observance, she figured, was a couple of minutes more or less.

Sometime during the early morning hours, the driver’s side of the station wagon was hit with enough force that the vehicle was rocked from side to side, and it scared the living day lights out of the both of them. Just after that occurred, the both of them had to relieve themselves, but neither of them wanted to go outside of that station wagon. After some time had passed, they went out and quickly returned back to the safety of the station wagon. The next morning, they checked out the station wagon, but couldn’t find any signs of where the vehicle was hit. They also checked out the area where Penny had seen the creature, but couldn’t come up with any prints or tracks in that area.

The second sighting took place about a half hour boat trip up the Pit River arm of Lake Shasta from the Jones Valley Resort where they put their boat in the water. It took place sometime between the months of June and August, Late 1990’s, and between the hours of 11 am to 12 am. Penny and her now ex-husband was slowly trolling for bass heading up the Pit River arm of the lake, and there was a rather steep incline on the right hand side of that section of the river inlet arm to the lake. Penny said, “I first observed this massive creature walking down towards the lake, and as I watched, it took the last 3 or 4 large steps to the waters edge.” “The creature then bent down, and with its left arm, it pulled something out of the lake, and was looking at it.” “To me, what the creature had pulled out of the lake was some kind of a fish cage or trap, made out of small tree branches.” “The trap seemed empty.” “At this point in time, the creature was about 50 yards or so, away from our boat, and I attempted to alert my ex husband as to what was taking place on shore, but when he looked in that direction, he couldn’t see what I was looking at.” Penny continued saying, “this creature was covered with hair, and the color of it was a dark brown to black, which blended into the background real good.” “Due to its color and the background; this made the creature seem like it was almost camouflaged in plain sight, and very difficult to see.” “Anyway, the creature then placed the cage or trap back into the lake, and it turned and walked back up a very steep incline into the foliage, which was about 75 yards away from the water's edge, disappeared into that foliage, and was gone.” “I thought the total time that I had seen the creature was at least several minutes long.” “The creature seemed unconcerned with the boat, and its occupants which included my ex, myself and our old dog that was very upset with what ever it was on shore, because it was raising heck by barking and howling real loud.” “The creature never looked in our direction, but it had to have heard the ruckus the dog was making. It never paid any attention to any of it, and just seemed unconcerned, and went on about what it was doing.”

Per Penny, “I thought the fish cage or trap was made out of small branches or sticks, and it was placed at a small river outlet that was entering into the lake at that point.” “I knew what I was looking at, a bigfoot, and it was huge, about 8 feet tall, and it had to weigh well over 375 pounds. The creature's legs and torso were also huge, and I thought the head was nicely proportioned to the rest of its body.” “I was too far away to see any facial features.” “I didn’t notice any ears on its head, but the arms were large and long like they were at least down to its knees, and they were a lot longer than any human that I know about.” “I never heard or smelled anything out of the ordinary.” “We did move the boat closer to shore, to where the creature had turned and went back into the forest, but we never got out of that boat.”

Summary: I ask Penny "What do you think about the creatures you had witnessed since you had two sightings over a period of years, and you had several minutes to observe them?" Her answer was, “I think these creatures are more human-like than they are like animals, because of their mannerisms, and some of the different facial expressions that I observed on the little ones face. Also, the way they moved when they walked, and while using there arms, and body. Plus, the big one who was using something like a fishing trap to obtain its food has got to tell you something.” Penny observed several facial expressions on the little ones face, from extreme interest while watching what was going on, to fear when she told her boy friend to turn around.

I also asked her if she was familiar with the 1967 Bluff Creek film? She stated, “Yes I am familiar with that film.” Penny went on to describe the female creature that was filmed in a sandy river bottom, saying, “that I had seen that film several times in the past.” I then asked her if she could relate it to the two that she had observed? She said, “they are the same type of creatures, but I think the big one, that I had seen on Lake Shasta, was a male because of its size.” “It was just plain huge!” I further asked if she thought the creature in the 1967 film was that of a man in a costume or the real thing? She said, defiantly "What I have seen, and what is in the Bluff Creek film are living creatures, and they are too similar in actions and looks to have been hoaxed by any man.”

Penny seemed a very credible witness, told me, that she would take a polygraph test to prove her authenticity to her sightings, if necessary. I do believe that Penny had two separate sightings, over several minutes in duration, which makes her better qualified than most to discriminate between the real thing and a hoax.

Related Media Articles:

* Bigfoot sighting leaves lasting imprint (4/16/2005; The Redding Ca. Record Searchlight)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:44 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 6429 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, June 02, 2003. Woman recalls a nighttime sighting on Hwy. 299 near Burney

YEAR: 1994

SEASON: Fall

LOCATION DETAILS: Location was the last hill going south on 299 to
Burney, and i remembered also as we observed this creature it did not look back at us, and it was walking in front of us on the opposite side of the road next to a tall caltrans 55 mile speed limit sign. A approaching car almost hit the creature,as the car was coming down the hill.

NEAREST TOWN: Burney, California

NEAREST ROAD: highway 299 east, and hwy 89 intersection.

OBSERVED: I believe that i saw bigfoot, with two other witnesses in the vehicle with me. I seen a huge ape like animal that was reddish brown color, with long straggley looking hair hanging off it's arms, and legs. I also noted as it walked, its legs at the knees were bent as it walked its legs never straightened out like a humans legs would. The arms of this bigfoot were long and swayed as he walked and he was very tall, i noted that he walked next to a tall sign on the highway and his shoulders were in line with the 55 mile speed limit highway sign on hwy 299. I would also say that this creature was around 7 to 8 foot in height, and about 500lbs, or more in weight.

ALSO NOTICED: Yes sometime before this i remembered that in the
Before our sighting:
sheriffs log in the Intermountain newspaper a repoter, or someone had reported seeing two creatures almost 1 mile from the same location and he reported seeing two hairy creatures running in front of his vehicle.

OTHER WITNESSES: their were two other witnesses, including myself, and all together there were three of us in the pick up. All of us were frightened and scared.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: the sighting happened at night, and we were in a small pickup, and it was on a highway 299 north of Burney. The trucks headlights caught the creatuure walking in front of us going up a hill.

ENVIRONMENT: there are stands of pine trees next to the highway, and a ravine that leads up to hill of huge boulders, and rock piles.

The witness indicated that the Burney area is a hotspot for bigfoot activity. She also relayed several second and third hand stories that she had heard. There are no additional details to add to this report.