Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: (BFRO) Tehama County
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:02 am 
MABRC Organizational Member

Quote:
Report # 23030 (Class B)
Submitted by witness David & Lucy on Monday, January 28, 2008. Possible vocalizations heard by campers near Eagle Lake

YEAR: 2007

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: 29

STATE: California

COUNTY: Tehama County

LOCATION DETAILS: Going east on Hwy 36 from Red Bluff, and just east of the town of Mineral, California, and before you get to Hwy 89 there is a campground on the south side of the highway. On the north side of that highway there is a forest road that is numbered 31N17.

NEAREST TOWN: Mineral

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 36

OBSERVED: We were on a camping trip to Eagle Lake, California
I woke up in the early morning around 3 a.m. to a yell. I thought I was dreaming at first and then it repeated. I didn't want to wake my wife so I whispered her name and to my surprise she answered me by saying, "That's Bigfoot, isn't it"? I kinda laughed and said "I think it is" we've both heard recordings of it on TV, but this was our first "live" experience. Not all recordings we've heard are the same as what we heard. This was a deep human/ape yell, and it lasted 4-6 seconds. Then a pause like it's filling its lungs and it would let it rip again.

As in other reports, I've been camping all my life and heard all kinds of animal sounds. When you hear this one, you know it's something different. Actually, it's beautiful in its own way. I listened to the same yell on the home page of this website just today. It was hard to determine how far off the yells were, but if I had to guess I would say maybe a mile?

About 10-15 minutes later we had an even better gift from the creature. Just up the hill from our campground we heard a loud bang. It was so loud, the only way I can describe it was that it sounded like a car drove into a tree. It was a very loud BOOM! Then one of the campers, who were camped at the base of the hill where the BOOM came from, said three words. I will not say what he said. They did make a fire and I'm sure they were scared. The next morning they were packed up and gone by the time I got up around 7.

The campground host had their lantern on when I got up to listen to the yells at 3 a.m. I think they heard the yells too. I asked them the next morning and they said it might have been sirens. I could tell that she was trying to keep it quiet. She doesn't want folks to be scared to camp, or maybe she just didn't want to believe it herself.

The next morning I took a drive across the Hwy 36 from the campground with my boy. We went on a dirt road just for fun to look at the terrain while my wife fixed breakfast with my daughter. The dirt road we were on was numbered 31N17, and we only went up a few miles and headed back to camp.

But it was up in those mountains off that dirt road somewhere, where the yells came from. The “BANG” was in our campground so it, Bigfoot, had to have crossed Hwy 36 to get on our side. Another note: it honestly sounded like a log connecting with a huge Ponderosa pine, and it was very, very loud.

ALSO NOTICED: none

OTHER WITNESSES: Two, we didn't wake the kids. The other campers were also involved but I don't know how many there were. More than one for sure. I'm sure lots of the other campers heard it that night.

OTHER STORIES: none

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Early morning 3 a.m, very dark, I don't remember a moon. Clear sky, thick woods, Ponderosa pines, furs etc.

ENVIRONMENT: The campground is walking distance (100yards) from Battle Creek. This creek has rainbow trout planted in it and campers enjoy fishing. Fallow the creek up from the campground and it will open up into big meadows posted keep out. The meadow is to the left of the creek facing up stream. The ridge line is west of the meadow and is thick forest, Ponderosa pines and Furs mostly. The campground sits on the edge of the ridge. It's that ridge that we heard the "Bang" that ridge continues North across Hwy 36 where there are lots of mountains and also Lassen National Volcanic National Park.

A & G References: Northern California DeLorme Atlas: Page 58, Index of B-2.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

Tonight, January 29, 2008, David and his wife Lucy called me and we went over the vocals and the one tree-crashing bang sound that was heard by him and his wife, and the other campers in that campground during those early morning hours. David advised me that he would like to keep the identity of the camping area confidential, because of the people who were living and working at that location.

It was believed that the campground host and others, like a forest ranger that he talked with a little while before he and his family left for Eagle Lake, said it might have been bears in the area making a nuisance of themselves.

The howl/screams were heard 4 or 5 times, with duration between 4 and 10 seconds each time, and the volume of those sounds was way too great to have been made by a person. David has recently gone to our site and heard the "Ohio howl," which was very close to what he heard that night.

I talked with David’s wife Lucy who also said she heard those howls/screams and that loud bang sound on a tree during those early morning hours.

These two witnesses are very credible in their rendition of what happened during those early morning hours in that campground, and I do believe that there is a strong possibility that they heard a Sasquatch while they were camping at this location.

About BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

* Four years in the United States Navy, 1955-1959 (Combat Air Crewman on P4M Mercator Patrol Aircraft)
* 37 years in the aerospace industry: 33 years with General Electric at Edwards AFB; More than 5 years with the Northrop Grumman Corp. at Edwards AFB (Flight Line Mechanic on the B-2 Bomber).
* During 20 of those years at Edwards he was a Reserve Deputy Sheriff for the County of Los Angeles.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) Tehama County
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:02 am 

Quote:
Report # 1114 (Class A)
Submitted by witness V. P. on Friday, January 05, 2001. Three motorists have late night sighting near Manton

YEAR: 1994

MONTH: August

DATE: ?

LOCATION DETAILS: We were driving on county road A6, off of Hwy 36 between Dales and Manton, in Tehama County.

NEAREST TOWN: Between Manton and Payne's Creek

NEAREST ROAD: We were on the county road at the time

OBSERVED: I was driving home (see details, below) with my son and daughter late at night. Suddenly an ape crossed the road with incredible speed. We all three saw it. We had been talking excitedly about who knows what, all very alert, all eyes on the road, when this occurred. Our conversation came to a complete halt. All three of us had to process what we had just seen, we just couldn't believe our eyes. This was an ape-like animal, about the size of a large chimpanzee, traveling across the road with what can only be described as lightening speed. It disappeared on the other side of the road as if it had disappeared into another dimension--almost swallowed up by the night so to speak. It was on its knuckles, more or less, the way apes run. This was apparent to all three of us, we are all fairly intelligent people with a wide variety of experience with animals. We have lived in the woods for 20+ years in Manton in Tehama County and have all seen mountain lions, bears, racoons, otters, fisher, ringtails, raccoons, etc. and this was nothing like any of those animals. We all three had the same experience, we all three agreed that what we had just seen had to be some kind of primate. And we all three had never seen anything move like that before in our lives. After some discussion we agreed that it might be a young Sasquatch. In the days ahead I got some literature about Bigfoot at the library, and we have determined that it may very well have been a Bigfoot sighting.

ALSO NOTICED: Well, we were in kind of a funny state of mind, as I said, just a little hyped up. Or, to put it another way, we were perhaps hyper-alert. It was pitch black on this road, which is usually quite deserted, and late at night like this there was not another soul around. This is a very isolated area.

OTHER WITNESSES: In the car with me was my son and my daughter. We were all three wide awake, having drank some coffee to keep awake. We had been on a jet returning from Florida visiting other family members. WE got in our car in Sacramento and drove all the way home, another 3 hours. We were kind of keyed up. We were talking excitedly with one another, just enjoying being on the road home again. David and Abby were in their late teens. I am in my late forties. We were just in the car, sitting, I was driving, and we were all three talking with one another. Both kids were very alert, kind of almost on the edge of their seats.

OTHER STORIES: No.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Very early in the morning, about 1 or 2:00 AM. It was a warm, California summer night in August. The weather was dry.

ENVIRONMENT: Ok--we were in the vicinity of the Manton Plains as it is called--a rolling hill country in the Payne's Creek sub-watershed of the Sacramento River watershed. The vegetation is grassland with blue oak, live oak, and lava rock. We were almost to Soap Butte. If you check the Manton or Ink's Creek quads I think you will find Soap Butte. We were in the vicinity of Dale's Lake, a large vernal pool area.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Robert Leiterman:

Witness stated that the animal passed within 20 feet of their moving vehicle. Witness thought it might have been a young one using its front legs to get more speed. She is familiar with bears and other wildlife and believed it did not behave like anything she has seen before. She said it moved like a monkey but very fast across the roadway as if it were trying to meet up with something on the other side, almost like a fawn or younger deer would do top stay up with its mother.

About BFRO Investigator Robert Leiterman:

* Graduated from Humboldt State University B.A. in Recreation Administration and Minor in Natural Resources 1986.

*Seasonal with National & State Parks 1982 through 1987.

*State Park Ranger since 1987

* BFRO Curator/Investigator since 1999

*Published several Fictional books
(Young Adult / ages 9 to 12)

Bigfoot Trillogy Series.

Young Adult Adventure Mysteries.

*Written several outdoor related articles.

*Organized the first of the BFRO Expedition Series:

May, 2004-Norther California-Redwood Country.

*Assisted with the following BFRO Expeditions:
October, 2004-Washington State - Olympic Peninsula.
March, 2005-Northern California- Redwood Country
(special trip).
May, 2005-Northern California-Redwood Country.
June, 2005-Eastern California-Sierra Nevadas.

*Outdoor Enthusiast.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:03 am 

Quote:
Report # 6706 (Class B)
Submitted by witness S.L. on Tuesday, August 05, 2003. Hikers see large print in Yolla Bolly Wilderness

YEAR: 1975

MONTH: June

LOCATION DETAILS: Access from East. Started high and paralled the
river for 5 - 7 miles.

NEAREST TOWN: Paskenta

NEAREST ROAD: Bald Rock Road

OBSERVED: Backpacking with my younger brother in Middle Eel Yolla Bolly wilderness, california. He was 16, I was 21.

This is a very remote area. We had a great deal of difficilty getting there via rough logging roads. First night, close to the trail head we heard lots of animal sounds which reinforced the remoteness of the area.

The next morning we hiked out of our camp and started heading down to the river. This was not by choice, it was the only trail out of there.

I'll admit to being distressed that day. We got lost twice (once with attendant panic), and ran out of water about 4 to 5 miles in. We were paralleling the Eel River and decending in altitude.

My hope was that would make it to the river but the trail was wiped by a slide. Going down the slope to the river was out of the question as it was far to steep. We hiked a little further to get a better look at the slide. Water was getting to be a real concern now. A few hundred yards from the slide was a trickle of water crossing the trail. This was the only water we had seen for miles. There was just enough room to get our canteens partly filled.

There was mud where the water crossed the trail and there was a giant foot print in the middle of it. It was maybe 18 to 19 inches long and maybe 6 to 7 inches wide. Water was seeping back into the depession, which gave me a sick feeling like the thing had just been there.

There was no misinterpretation. We both quickly dismissed it as a bear (or human) track. The area up slope of the seep was disturbed but more like a very rough game trail, very steep.

It was late in the afternoon at that point. I made the decision that we would have to spend the night in that location. This elicited howls of protest from my 16 year old brother. We layed out our bags a few yards away and spend a wide awake night in that location.

No unusal sounds were heard during the night. We high tailed it out of there as soon as there was light.

OTHER WITNESSES: Two filling canteens.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Late afternoon.

ENVIRONMENT: Trail cut on deep slope. Very hot and dry with typical vegetation for that elevation. Some oaks, Bull Pine, manzanita.

Follow-up investigation report:

There are no further details to add to the report.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:03 am 

Quote:
Report # 7731 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, January 08, 2004. Hunting Partners Have Early Morning Roadway Sighting

YEAR: 72-73

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: October

LOCATION DETAILS: Get off I-5 @ South Ave, go south 1 mi to Tehama Ave, turn right, go over the over pass take first left, Barham Ave, go 1/4 mi and you're there.

NEAREST TOWN: Corning, California north//paskenta nw

NEAREST ROAD: Barham Ave, off Chase and Viola [which is now Tehama Ave I beleve] also it is like 1/4 mile from I-5

OBSERVED: Well, this was many-many years ago and I've actually been very reluctant to even mention this, but after reading your web site, and seeing various reports on the t.v. / and documentaries, has made me think even more of what I had seen that night.

What happened was one early Morning in 72 or 73, I was with my uncle and we were going either deer or bear hunting.

I would say it was about 4-5 in the morning, it was very crisp morning I would but it maybe 35-45 degrees.

We left my uncles ranch [my uncle and I], as we were going down the road about 3 miles from his house, I noticed out of the headlights what appeared to be maybe a cow coming out of an olive orchard. As we got closer, I noticed that the creature was on all fours, the upper part [thoracic] seemed to arch and it was higher, than the rear part [postural], the fur was dark but seemed to shine with the headlights, the head itself did seem to be round in a way with the exception that the occipital area seemed to be more pointy. The creature crossed the 2 way road, I would say that the length of the body itself was almost 1/2 the length of this 2-way country road. I did notice that it crossed the road in, I would say 3 strides. When it got to the other side it went down the irrigation ditch 2ft down, at this time it was coming out of the headlights, but the figure seemed to have stood, then take one step over the fence. So if we figure that it stood on a irrigation ditch 2ft below the road and then took a step over a 4ft fence, what ever it was huge.

There were things that did catch my attention.

1.The fur how it shined, it seemed to sway with the movements of the body.

2. At the level of the shoulders, I would say it was as the same height, as my uncles F-250 4wd, which I will say that the hood stands easily 5ft.

3. As we approached the creature did turn his head to look at us, the face was dark, humanoidish like, it's eyes where planted firmly in front and not to the side, also the creature seem to like growl at us because it did show us his teeth.

4. Now when the creature did turn his head, it seem to do so with some difficulty, as it completed its rotation of the head it seem to make its right shoulder move towards the back and I would attribute this because it had a very short neck.

5. The eyes in the headlights were RED, but yet the teeth did not seem to shine yet you knew they were teeth, also the mouth area seemed to be almost flat like, in other words more human like, and not a snout like a bear or cat would have.

After we passed I do remember my uncle mentioning that there must be a skunk around cause it stank. Personally, I cannot smell so I cannot account to that.

After it crossed the fence I could not see it any more.

p.s. You could see the movement of the muscles of the upper body.

ALSO NOTICED: no

OTHER WITNESSES: My uncle, but he does not remember the account [health issues].

OTHER STORIES: Sometimes the old timers that used to live there will say things like missing sheep, but thats about it.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 4-5 am Clear skies.

ENVIRONMENT: We were going north, olive orchard to the west, field to the east, if I remember correctly.

Following my interview with the witness, the following details can be added to this report:

Regarding the sighting, the witness reports the creature’s head was very large, with a flat face and wide nose. He reported the eyes to shine red in the headlights, but also reported a brief glimpse of “white reflection” as the head turned away. His uncle acknowledged an animal crossing the road in front of them, but when asked what it was, replied something like “Oh, it was nothing”. The witness reports his uncle didn’t see the creature stand in the ditch and step over the fence on two feet, as it was on the witness’ side of the truck as they passed. He reports seeing the animal stand on two feet to cross the fence. He says the fence was approx. 4ft high. He reports the animal was out of the headlights when he stood erect, but was seen doing so in what little light was available to the witness at the time, but he lost sight of it after that.

Regarding additional local stories the witness related to me:

The witness reports a history of cattle and sheep disappearances from neighboring farms and ranches reported to him by “old-timers”, and he reports an unusually high population of coyotes (historically) in the area as well. The witness reports the area is predominantly an agricultural area, with many large fruit and nut orchards in the area, as well as many acres of field crops nearby.

The witness also reports hearing “screams’ while hunting in the same general area as a young man. He reports the screams were “several miles” away, and of a lower tonal quality than vocalization recordings he has heard on television and on the Internet. These screams were also witnessed by some of his boyhood hunting partners at the same time.

The witness also reports a strange occurrence while on a Boy Scout camp-out a couple of years after his roadway sighting. He reports attending a camp-out with several other troops at a pond / lake near “Black Butte”, CA. The witness reports he was in his tent one night and heard another scout “scream”, and then heard a huge crashing through the underbrush and trees. Soon afterward, a helicopter came to the campgrounds and evacuated the apparently hysterical scout from the area. Reportedly, many sheriffs soon arrived, armed with shotguns and flashlights, and went into the woods searching for the “wild hairy man” that the scout reportedly observed rummaging through his rucksack outside his tent. This witness did not actually witness the “hairy man” running into the woods, but heard it, as well as hearing the scout's scream quite clearly. And the excitement that followed is something he says he stayed up to witness. The “hairy man” hunt was evidently fruitless, as the witness heard no reports of a successful capture.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:04 am 

Quote:
Report # 849 (Class A)
Submitted by witness D.C. on Saturday, December 02, 2000. Girl has daytime sighting near Payne's Creek

YEAR: 1968 or 69

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

LOCATION DETAILS: After reaching Payne's creek, my father would drive even farther. It was usually late at night when we would finaly arrive and I was usually asleep.

NEAREST TOWN: Payne's creek, Ca.

NEAREST ROAD: Old logging roads

OBSERVED: My parents and I used to go deer hunting every deer season, (usually the 1st. of November) up around Payne's Creek, Ca. We always went with my girlfriend Darla's family. It was a lot of fun. My friend Darla and I would go for long walks in the woods. We loved to see how many animals we could find. We'd see everything from chipmunks to rattlesnakes. We saw a lot of deer, too. Probably more than our fathers ever saw.

We usually walked up an old logging road for a couple of miles and then we would turn around and go back to camp.

One time, I think the year was around 1968 or 69, we had invited another friend, Shirley, to come camping with us. All three of us girls were in our early teens. Darla and I decided to take Shirley out and show her where we always took our walks.

We walked and talked for along time. Seeing all kinds of animals along the way. We were laughing and just having a good old time, like teenage girls do.

We ended up walking a little farther than we normally did. Then we decided to go off the road and walk down the hill a little bit. We came to a creek and we started walking on the rocks to cross it. The creek was about 8 to 10 feet wide, so it took several steps to get across.

After we got across, we saw on one of the rocks, a big red lizard. None of us had ever seen a lizard like that before. It kind of scared us, so we thought we'd better start heading back.

That was when we saw two hunters walking up the hill, the same way we were going. We stopped and let them go ahead of us. They said hello, and went on up.

Because we had walked so far, we started to feel like we were lost.Then we really started getting scared.

I've always had a good since of direction, but I was getting a little worried, too. Then I remembered that we had walked up and down two hills and when we got to the top of the third hill, we then walked down the north side of the hill to the creek. I reassured my friends that I knew exactly where we were and that we would find our way back just fine.

That was when I saw it. I didn't know what it was, I had never seen anything like it before. It came down the hill about fifty feet to the left of where the two hunters had just gone up. It stood two feet taller than the men we had just seen. It's whole body was dark brown, like it was covered with fur. At first I thought it was a bear, but It didn't walk like a bear. It walked like a man, upright and swinging it's long arms. I remember the top of it's head looked flat like it had a top hat on, the kind that Abraham Lincoln would have worn. It moved quickly and quietly and in no time at all, it had come down the hill and crossed the creek. The same creek we had taken several steps to cross, it crossed with just one step. It disappeared into the trees so fast, that I was the only one to see him. I was so shocked that I couldn't say anything. I just stood there with my mouth hanging open until he was gone. But I never felt afraid the whole time.

When we got back to camp, my dad had just came back to camp from hunting all morning. I told him all about what I had seen and he said that he had been on the other side of the creek around the same time that we were there, which was around 12:00 PM. He said that he didn't see anything but he heard a loud sound like a large wounded animal breathing real heavy. The same sound that he had heard several years before on another hunting trip at a place called Brush Creek. Then he made the sound for me. It gave me chills. It sounded asthmatic, like loud moaning breathes. He admitted to me that he was very afraid both times he had heard it, even though he was standing there with a deer rifle in his hands.

A few years later, my family and I were watching T V and a program came on about Bigfoot. It was suppose to have actual footage of a real Big foot. I had heard of the legend of Bigfoot, but I always thought that it was just that, a legend.

When I saw the footage, I got those same chills all over again. I jumped up and yelled "That's it, that's what I saw!" It looked just like what I had seen, except they said that the one on T V was a female because it had breasts. The one I saw didn't and it looked taller, too, so I'm guessing it must have been a male.

It's been over 30 years since I saw whatever it was I saw, and I can still see it as clearly in my mind as I did then. Whenever I tell this story to friends, they always laugh and joke around with me like I'm making it up or crazy or something. I just tell them, "You don't have to believe me. I don't know what it was I saw that day either, but I do know that I saw... something!"

ALSO NOTICED: My father heard loud moaning sounds around the same time and place that I saw it.

OTHER WITNESSES: I was with two other girls, but they didn't see it.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 12:00 pm cool, sunny day in November.

ENVIRONMENT: There were a lot of trees without leaves. Some oak trees. A lot of big rocks on the ground. We were on a hill above a creek.

I talked with witness and the following details can be added:
--estimated to be about 8 feet tall;
--can't estimate weight, but not too fat nor thin, seemed to fit its height just right;
--did not get a good look at the face, since witness saw it from the side;
--its face was covered with hair, the same color as the hair on its body, dark brown;
--it did not have a snout, like a bear; and
--the face was flat.