Michigan IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Michigan IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:14 pm

a.jpg
a.jpg (6.48 KiB) Viewed 7243 times
3949 RESIDENT Monte Ballard , TR 97 MAY 2000 3
8 FT BF LOOKING IN GARBAGE CANS [Full Report]

4169 HUNTER Rich LaMonica , TR104 FEB 2001 3
"Kashehotahpala” LEGEND, SCREAM [Full Report]

3893 BOB DAIGLE Bob Daigle SEPT, 1999 TR 95 MAR 2000 3
17 IN TRACKS, BROKEN BRANCHES [Full Report]

4192 ADAMS Pierre François-Xavier de Charlevoix BOBBIE SHORT DEC, 1721 TR 105 MAR 2001BOBBIE SHORT NEWSLETTER 3
beast of an unknown species, carries off sheep and calves [Full Report]

1057 ALCONA Dave Steiner Dave Steiner NOV, 1999 3:30 pm TR93 1
VOCALIZATION, ODOR FOOTSTEPS, CLICKING SOUND, WITNESS FELT WATCHED [Full Report]

3543 Alcona DAVE AND WIFE Dave Steiner NOV, 1999 TR 93 JAN 2000 3
WATCHED, CLICKING SOUND, LIMBS BREAK, SCREAM, ODOR [Full Report]

2659 ALLEGAN Betty Parks Betty Parks , TR 61 SEPT 96 3
TRACKS 16 IN [Full Report]

408 BENZIE UNKNOWN Wayne King. , MISG “Bigfoot All Over The Country;” Marian T. Place 2
Mention of tracks; 800#, [Full Report]

1106 DELTA ROBERT JAMES BFRO MAR, 2000 12:30 AM TR95 3
CAR STRUCK BY BF, BF DRAGGING DEER CARCASS [Full Report]

3884 DELTA Robert James tribal police BFRO MAR, 2000 TR 95 MAR 2000 3
BF DRAGS DEAD DEER ACROSS ROAD [Full Report]

706 DICKENSON Randy Wertz AND AUNT AND UNCLE Randy Wertz EARLY JULY, 1963 7 PM TR78 3
8 FT BF STANDING UNDER TREE, ARM DRAPED OVER BRANCH [Full Report]

3090 Dickenson Randy Wertz Randy Wertz JULY, 1963 TR 78 JUN 1998 3
8 FT BROWN/BLACK BF WITH ARM ON BRANCH [Full Report]

2660 KALAMAZOO Betty Parks Betty Parks JUN AND OCT, TR 61 SEPT 96 3
BF PASS BY [Full Report]

405 MECOSTA Becky and Bob Kurtz Place SEPT, 1977 Bigfoot All Over The Country;” Marian T. Place, The Citizen Patriot 3
Tracks 16 1/2in seen; stride 58in;est 800#;dogs spooked, [Full Report]

935 MIDLAND MOTORIST MOTORIST MAY, 1997 6:45 TR88 1
BF COMING OUT OF DITCH, 8 INCH HAIR [Full Report]

3403 Midland DRIVER BFRO MAY, 1997 TR 88 JUN 1999 3
BF IN DITCH ALONG ROAD [Full Report]

1114 MISG BOB DAIGLE BOB DAIGLE SEPT, 1999 TR95 1
17 IN TRACKS, BROKEN BRANCHES [Full Report]

1175 MISG AQUAITENCE MONTE BALLARD , MISG TR97 1
8 FT BF MAKES NOISE OUTSIDE OF HOUSE, BF IN TRASH CANSS [Full Report]

1421 MONROE Christine Van Acker COLEMAN , 1965 TR100 2
BF ATTACKS LADY [Full Report]

406 MONROE Christine Van Acker Place AUG, MISG Bigfoot All Over The Country;” Marian T. Place 2
BF hit with auto;BF grabs and hurts driver;tracks seen;revolting odor, [Full Report]

1518 SAINT CLAIR PORT HURON PAPER KENNETH A. SAYERS APR, 1969 TR22 2
6 FT BF. GRAY, FRIGHTENS CHILDREN [Full Report]

1040 SAINT CLAIRE 3 HUNTERS DAWN HERRICK BFRO SEPT, 1988 TR92 2
BLACK BF SQUATTING,VOCALIZATION, TREE FALLIING, BEING WATCHED, EYES YELLOWISH IN LIGHT [Full Report]

956 SANILAC denise Ron Schaffner summer, 1987 11PM tr89 2
5 FT MONKEY TYPE CREATURE SEEN, LONG WHITISH HAIR. [Full Report]

3426 Sanilac Denise Ron Schaffner SUMMER, 1987 TR 89 JUL 1999 Creature Chronicles 3
5 FT WHITE MONKEY-TYPE CREATURE SEEN [Full Report]

1517 ST. CLAIR ANONYMOUS Kenneth A. Sayers , 1968 OR 69 TR22 2
VOCALIZATION, CREATURE IN DEEP WATER NOT SEEN. 16 IN TRACKS [Full Report]

3521 St. Clair HUNTERS BFRO Dawn Herrick SEPT, 1988 TR 92 OCT 1999 3
BLACK BF WALKS BY RIVER, SCREAM, TREES SNAPPED, EYES YELLOWISH [Full Report]

admin

Re: Michigan IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:15 pm

IBS Report #: 3949

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day:
Month:
Year:
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR 97 MAY 2000
Credibility: 3
Locality: UPPER MICHIGAN
Researcher: Monte Ballard
Witness: RESIDENT

Summary: 8 FT BF LOOKING IN GARBAGE CANS

Sighting Text:
* Monte Ballard report. monterb@netusa1.net They are a second and a third hand report and I don't have a lot of details. From a car rental guy driving me to get my car from a body shop. He told me he was from upper Michigan. I mentioned that I used to hunt up there but I stopped hunting. He said he and his father used to hunt there also and asked what I liked to do now. I told him I was interested in Bigfoot. He was very interested and said his best friend heard a noise outside his house one night. He thought 'coons were in his trash and went out to chase them off. It wasn't 'coons, it was a Bigfoot bent over looking in the cans. It heard him and straightened up; he said it had to be over eight feet tall. It looked at him and walked away rapidly. My driver said when his friend told him about it he kept repeating, "It was the biggest thing I have ever seen." By that time we were at the shop and it was near closing time so I had to get out. I don't think he had any more details anyway.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

IBS Report #: 4169

Sighting Type: 3

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day:
Month:
Year:
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR104 FEB 2001
Locality: MISSISSIPPI
Researcher: Rich LaMonica
Witness: HUNTER

Summary: "Kashehotahpala” LEGEND, SCREAM

Sighting Text:
* Also from Rich LaMonica. The story of the "Kashehotahpala” When I was young, I often went hunting in the swamps near my home in Mississippi. I liked to use the blowgun to hunt for birds or squirrels. One day, while I was hunting, I heard a loud scream, like a human voice. I ran home to see if anyone was hurt, but everyone was fine. My cousin told me I had heard Kashehotahpala, (sounds like an old woman yelling). He told me that he screams in the woods to scare the hunter away from the animal. He has a man's body, but his legs and feet are those of a deer. His face and head are shriveled up, and scary looking. He never hurts anyone, but he loves to scare people.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3893

Sighting Type: 2

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day:
Month: SEPT
Year: 1999
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR 95 MAR 2000
Locality: CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Researcher: Bob Daigle
Witness: BOB DAIGLE

Sighting Type: 2
Summary: 17 IN TRACKS, BROKEN BRANCHES

Sighting Text:
* Bob Daigle report.'bobdaigle@webtv.net Last Sep, while being taken by a friend to see some two week old foot prints in an area in a central Mich. Co. (which had several BF reports during the 90's), we came upon a fresher pair of left and right tracks. They were impressed in a small mound of hard packed coarse-grained, almost gravelly sand on a two-track road which has been gated off by the Mich. DNR to exclude any motorized vehicles. The sandy mound was only about 5 inches higher than the surrounding area, and about 5 x 10 feet. The tracks measured 17 x 7 x 5 inches, and were about 4 1/2 feet from heel to heel. There were pressure ridges on the edges of the tracks, indicating more than a simple digging or scooping process by a hoaxer. The second track showed a pressure ridge or uplifting of the soil just behind where the ball of the foot would have been. I seem to recall some technical discussion about this being likely to happen if the creature is making a strong push-off with that foot. Photos taken are nothing to get too excited about, since gravelly soil did not show distinct toes, and pictures were taken in less than ideal light conditions. Directly in line with the 2 footprints, and about 15 - 20 behind them were 2 two small broken branches, both less than 2 inch diameter, and snapped downward at a point 7 - 8 feet above ground. We set up a Camtrakker with bait nearby for two nights before I had to return home, but got no results.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 4192

Latitude: +031˚ 33' N
Longitude: 091˚ 24' W
Day: 25
Month: DEC
Year: 1721
Time: 9PM
Elevation: 217

Data Source: TR 105 MAR 2001BOBBIE SHORT NEWSLETTER
Locality: Natchez
Researcher: BOBBIE SHORT
Witness: Pierre François-Xavier de Charlevoix

Summary: beast of an unknown species, carries off sheep and calves

Sighting Text:
FROM BOBBIE SHORT NEWSLETTER January 2007 - Newsletter #189 January terminology… "Monster Beast" Christmas Day 1721 Monster Beast, Natchez, Mississippi - - (Earliest recorded account?) The following passage is from a book called "Charlevoix's Louisiana." It's from the journal of Pierre François-Xavier de Charlevoix, S J, a French Jesuit and explorer. Though he did not have a true sighting, there is enough evidence to make one wonder if a bigfoot type creature was behind it. If so, then this account this would be the earliest known white man written report of such a creature in North America. The area around Natchez, Mississippi in this day still brings forth reports of bigfoot type creatures. That a wolf was behind this report seems highly unlikely. Wolves were not common to the area at the time and hardly match up with the characteristics described herein: - --- "The first night I lay in the settlement, there happened a great alarm about nine o'clock in the evening; upon asking the reason of it, [sic] I was told there was, in the neighborhood, a beast of an unknown species, of an extraordinary bulk, and whose cry did not in the least resemble that of any known animal. Nobody however could say he had seen it and they formed a judgment of its size entirely from its strength: it had already carried off some sheep and calves, and worried some cows. I told those who gave me this account, that an estranged wolf might very well have done all this and that, as to its cry, people were deceived in these matters every day. I could persuade nobody, they still would have it that it was some monstrous beast. It was heard again, and every one ran out armed with what he could find, but it was to no purpose." Pierre François-Xavier de Charlevoix, SJ Letter Thirtieth, At the Natchez, December 25, 1721 "Histoire et Description Generale de la Nouvelle France avec le Journal Historique d'un Voyage fait par du Roi dans l'Amerique Septentrionale"
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:16 pm

IBS Report #: 1057

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day: 22
Month: NOV
Time: 3:30 pm
Elevation:

Data Source: TR93
Credibility: 1
Locality: ALCONA COUNTY
Researcher: Dave Steiner
Witness: Dave Steiner

Summary: VOCALIZATION, ODOR FOOTSTEPS, CLICKING SOUND, WITNESS FELT WATCHED

Sighting Text:
MI ALCONA 1999 TR#93 * Dave Steiner here again and this happened on the 22 of November this year. We were in Alcona County in Michigan hunting deer about 3:30 in the afternoon. I had placed my wife down in a small swamp and had walked back west of her to go down in and walk towards her. I had just come through a real thick section of cedar saplings and had stopped to take a break. I lit a cigarette and heard a branch snap behind me in the thicket I had just come through. I turned towards the thicket and had a strange feeling that I was being watched. I never did see any one so I turned back around and then heard movement in the thicket again. I could tell by the sound of the footsteps that it was two legged and not an animal, I heard a very strange clicking sound as whatever it was moved from my left to my right. the only thing that I can describe the sound as would be similar to a hammer drill running and very loud... the movement stopped as did the sound,, this happened three times as I tried to see what it was. As I said, the area it was in was very thick and I had a hard time getting through it. What ever it was had no difficulty getting through at all. It just busted saplings and limbs and made all kinds of movement sounds as it continued to walk by me. At this time I was approximately 40 yds from it...then it stopped and the next thing I heard was a scream that I can only describe as a large chimp or primate that was mad as hell and screaming. Then it was silent... I walked to where my wife was and she asked me if I had smelled the strong musty odor a few minutes before It had gotten to her...she described it as a musty wet dog or blanket type of odor. We left the area and talked about it that night. I am convinced that it was a Sasquatch and am going back in to look for it. I have hunted there for 42 years and never heard anything like that in the woods.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: CEDAR

admin

IBS Report #: 3543

Latitude: +044˚ 40' N
Longitude: 083˚ 23' W
Day: 22
Month: NOV
Time: 3:30 PM
Elevation: 804

Data Source: TR 93 JAN 2000
Locality: Alcona County
Researcher: Dave Steiner
Witness: DAVE AND WIFE

Summary: WATCHED, CLICKING SOUND, LIMBS BREAK, SCREAM, ODOR

Sighting Text:
TR 93 JAN 2000 * Dave Steiner here again and this happened on the 22 of November this year. We were in Alcona County in Michigan hunting deer about 3:30 in the afternoon. I had placed my wife down in a small swamp and had walked back west of her to go down in and walk towards her. I had just come through a real thick section of cedar saplings and had stopped to take a break. I lit a cigarette and heard a branch snap behind me in the thicket I had just come through. I turned towards the thicket and had a strange feeling that I was being watched. I never did see any one so I turned back around and then heard movement in the thicket again. I could tell by the sound of the footsteps that it was two legged and not an animal, I heard a very strange clicking sound as whatever it was moved from my left to my right. the only thing that I can describe the sound as would be similar to a hammer drill running and very loud... the movement stopped as did the sound,, this happened three times as I tried to see what it was. As I said, the area it was in was very thick and I had a hard time getting through it. What ever it was had no difficulty getting through at all. It just busted saplings and limbs and made all kinds of movement sounds as it continued to walk by me. At this time I was approximately 40 yds from it...then it stopped and the next thing I heard was a scream that I can only describe as a large chimp or primate that was mad as hell and screaming. Then it was silent... I walked to where my wife was and she asked me if I had smelled the strong musty odor a few minutes before It had gotten to her...she described it as a musty wet dog or blanket type of odor. We left the area and talked about it that night. I am convinced that it was a Sasquatch and am going back in to look for it. I have hunted there for 42 years and never heard anything like that in the woods.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun: Sun and Moon Data for One Day The following information is provided for (longitude W83.4, latitude N44.7): Monday 22 November 1999 Universal Time SUN Begin civil twilight 12:07 Sunrise 12:39 Sun transit 17:20 Sunset 22:00 End civil twilight 22:32 MOON Moonrise 21:28 on preceding day Moon transit 04:21 Moonset 11:27 Moonrise 22:05 Moonset 12:45 on following day Phase of the Moon on 22 November: waxing gibbous with 99% of the Moon's visible disk illuminated. Full Moon on 23 November 1999 at 07:04 Universal Time.
Snow:
Ecology: CEDAR

admin

IBS Report #: 2659

Latitude: +042˚ 40' N
Longitude: 086˚ 13' W
Day:
Month:
Year:
Time:
Elevation: 581

Data Source: TR 61 SEPT 96
Locality: KALAMAZOO RIVER
Researcher: Betty Parks
Witness: Betty Parks

Summary: TRACKS 16 IN

Sighting Text:
TR 61 SEPT 96 Betty Parks saw tracks along the Kalamazoo River that were 16 inches long, and 7-8 feet apart. The area was swampy and tracks were seen along the bank and in the water.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: KALAMAZOO 2.2 2.0 2.5 3.0 3.8 3.8 3.2 3.0 3.5 2.9 2.8 2.6 35.3
Temp: KALAMAZOO 22.8 24.3 33.8 46.4 57.7 67.6 72.3 70.0 63.0 51.1 37.9 27.5 47.8
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report 408 is missing

admin

IBS Report #: 1106

Latitude: +045˚ 53' N
Longitude: 086˚ 36' W
Day:
Month: MAR
Year: 2000
Time: 12:30 AM
Elevation: 627

Data Source: TR95
Locality: ISABELLA
Researcher: BFRO
Witness: ROBERT JAMES

Summary: CAR STRUCK BY BF, BF DRAGGING DEER CARCASS

Sighting Text:
MI DELTA 2000 627 FT TR95 * March, 2000. In the 8000 block east of Broadway, Isabella, Michigan. This is south on Leaton Road, and near Airport Road. Bigfoot was said to have been reported to the Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Police Dept., the caller having seen the hairy figure the night before (Tues.). The person’s car was struck about 12:30 AM by the creature, though there was no damage reported. The witness said that something was standing erect and dragging a deer carcass across Leaton Road, as reported by Robert James of the tribal police. This item was posted to the BFRO list.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting