Ohio IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: Ohio IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 am

IBS Report 2675 is missing

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 am

IBS Report #: 575

Sighting Type: 3

Latitude: 0
Longitude: 0
Day:
Month:
Year: 1992
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR71 Bigfoot In Ohio
Credibility: 2
Locality: GURNSEY COUNTY
Researcher: Matt Moneymaker
Witness: RESIDENT

Sighting Type: 3
Summary: DEAD DEER-LEGS BROKEN AND TWISTED, LIVER GONE

Sighting Text:
OH GUERNSEY 1992 TR#71 * Book review. “Bigfoot In Ohio- Encounters with the Grassman.” Christopher L. Murphy, Joedy Cook, and George Clappison, of the Ohio Bigfoot Research & Study Group. Here’s a fascinating little gem with some real surprises for the researcher. The first portion is rather standard; lay of the land, Bigfoot In The News, 27 pages of photos and drawings, and such lore. What first caught my real attention was a chapter, “Ohio Deer Kills and Bigfoot.” Here I ran into some real meat (pun unintended). Matt Moneymaker was the source of this information. Matt’s 1992 investigation started with a hunter , stalking deer in Stark County, that had a creature approach him within 35 feet, scaring a small herd of deer away. Just after sundown, the creature saw the hunter, screamed several times, and retreated. A few days later, deer appeared again, and the hunter noted knocks of wood on a tree trunk that were answered from nearby. It is speculated that this is part of a “scare and catch” tactic by the Bigfeet, to drive deer into an ambush. Later, with his dog, tracks of Bigfoot were seen and a young deer carcass was found with a broken leg, no bullet wounds, and intact except for the belly ripped open. *** Later Matt investigated a sighting in Guernsey County. The farmer told of young dead deer where the legs had been broken and twisted around, the bodies left to rot. Matt returned in a few days with his wife, a medical doctor, to examine the carcasses, and she found that the belly had been ripped open and the liver was missing. Matt noted that all the dead deer had legs broken and speculated that a heavy tree branch might have been used while rushing the deer. As to why the livers were gone. It was noted that it has substantial amounts of vitamins that could be depleted in the fall and winter. Vitamin A, is critical for night vision and skin thickening, or callous formation through keratinization. Also, 90% of cholesterol production, building block of hormones, is found in this organ. There were other benefits of liver eating - like medical, mentioned...read the book and see.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:13 am

IBS Report #: 2676

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude: +040˚ 08' N
Longitude: 081˚ 30' W
Day:
Month: JUN
Year: 1995
Time: DUSK
Elevation: 804

Data Source: TR 61 SEPT 96
Credibility: 3
Locality: SALT FORK STATE PARK
Researcher: Bob Morgan
Witness: BIKER

Summary: BF CROSSES TRAIL

Sighting Text:
. Bob Morgan brought a crew here, and two of his people, but not himself, had a sighting. The most recent was June of 1995 when a mountain biker on one of the trails came within 60 yards of a Bigfoot at dusk as it crossed the trail. He said it was very tall, but did not get get much of a description from the side profile.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 670

Latitude:
Longitude: 0
Day:
Month: DEC
Year: 1997
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR77
Credibility: 1
Locality: SOUTHERN OHIO
Researcher: UNK
Witness: COYOTE HUNTERS

Summary: PREDATOR CALL BRINGS 8-9 FT DARK BF, EYES REFLECT WHITE

Sighting Text:
OH LAWRENCE 1997 TR#77 An interesting report from Lawrence County in southern Ohio in Dec. 97, was of two hunters that were coyote hunting. They were using predator calls of rabbit in distress, and deer fawn in distress. Using a flood light with a red lens, they heard something coming in...it was a Bigfoot that came out into the clearing ten feet from the wood line, only about 50 yards away. The 8-9 foot creature was dark in color, and when the red light shone in it’s eyes, they reflected white.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3039

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day:
Month: DEC
Year: 1997
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR 77 MAY 98
Locality: SOUTHERN OHIO
Researcher: Don KEATING
Witness: HUNTERS

Summary: 8-9 FT BF COMES TO PREDATOR CALL, SEEN IN RED LENS

Sighting Text:
TR 77 MAY 98 Don KEATING An interesting report from Lawrence County in southern Ohio in Dec. 97, was of two hunters that were coyote hunting. They were using predator calls of rabbit in distress, and deer fawn in distress. Using a flood light with a red lens, they heard something coming in...it was a Bigfoot that came out into the clearing ten feet from the wood line, only about 50 yards away. The 8-9 foot creature was dark in color, and when the red light shone in it’s eyes, they reflected white.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 424

Latitude: +041˚ 17' N
Longitude: 082˚ 13' W
Day:
Month:
Year: MISG
Time:
Elevation: 813

Data Source: “Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place
Credibility: 2
Locality: Near Oberlin
Researcher: Place
Witness: UNK

Summary: Sighting, Near Oberlin

Sighting Text:
Mention of sighting, BF spotted near Oberlin; OH “Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place,
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: Oberlin 2.3 2.0 2.9 3.2 3.4 3.5 3.7 3.2 3.1 2.6 2.7 2.4 35.0
Temp: Oberlin 23.0 25.7 35.6 46.8 57.7 66.7 71.1 69.1 62.6 51.3 40.5 28.6 48.2
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 2678

Sighting Type: 2

Latitude: +039˚ 53' N
Longitude: 083˚ 27' W
Day:
Month: JUL
Year: 1980
Time:
Elevation: 1053

Data Source: TR 61 SEPT 96
Locality: NR LONDEN
Researcher: Peggy Tillman
Witness: Peggy Tillman REV BIRT

Summary: TRACKS AT UFO SITE

Sighting Text:
TR 61 SEPT 96 That member was author Peggy Tillman, MUFON representative, PO Box 377, South Charleston, OH 45368, Phone 513-462-8376. With Rev. Birt, she checked out another find of large footprints from the area of a UFO sighting in July 1980. Hair from a barbed wire was sent to Ohio State where it was impossible to match it with that of any primate.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: LONDON 2.9 2.4 3.4 3.7 4.0 3.9 4.1 3.2 3.0 2.2 2.8 2.7 38.3
Temp: LONDON 24.3 27.3 38.1 48.6 60.1 68.7 72.7 70.2 63.9 51.8 41.2 30.2 49.6
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:14 am

IBS Report #: 2677 is missing

admin

IBS Report #: 1021 is missing

admin

IBS Report #: 1022

Latitude:
Longitude:
Day:
Month:
Year: 1993
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source:
Credibility:
Locality: UNK
Researcher: Rich La Monica
Witness: RESEARCH ASSISTNAT

Summary: VOCALIZATION BIRD SOUNDS, BRANCH BREAKS, SCREAM, 13.5 IN TRACK. WITNESS PLAYED HARMONICA, GUITAR, HIT STICKS ON STUMP

Sighting Text:
OH 1993 TR#91 RICH In 1993, I and my research assistant, decided to go camping in the area in which I made the sighting in 1988. Unfortunately, the land was privately owned, so access was denied. However, I did find a camp site about a mile from that spot, and settled in to observe all that I could for a couple of days. On the second night out, I had noticed it had become oddly quiet, unlike the previous night's chorus of tree frogs, crickets, and night birds. I had been reading a book called, oddly enough, "The Joy of Camping", and as my eyes were growing increasingly tired, I and my assistant decided to turn in. Our fire was just a mass of glowing embers, so making sure it wouldn't spread out, we said good-night. It was not long afterwards, that we started hearing what sounded like a warbling bird. It was like a fluttering whistle, coming from below and above the tent. This lasted for some time, probably about 45 minutes. About this time, the sound of a very large tree branch snapping, alerted us to the area above us. Quietly, we listened for any other sounds, then out of a clear dark sky, came a howl/scream that could have awakened the dead for miles around us. It really shook me to my very breadth. It sounded like an air-raid siren, that is from low to high, very high, emanating only a few yards from the back of the tent. Just after that, the sounds of barking, crazy, dogs jolted us into an eerie awareness. We listened for a while, then the sounds of the tree frogs, crickets, and night birds, started coming back into an audible existence. Waking early the next morning, it was off to do some scouting of the area in which we heard the howl/scream. On a hillside, at a measured distance of 35 feet, my assistant found what we both took as a five toed footprint on dirt in which leaves had been kicked aside. I took measurements, and were found to be: 13 1/2 inches long, 5 1/2 inches across the ball, and 4 1/2 inches across the heel. I did make a plaster cast of it, although in my inexperience, I had mixed it too thickly, and just three toes and the heel really came out well. However, I did take photographs of the print and it does show the toes and print very nicely. Nothing else happened the rest of our time out that week. In retrospect, I thought that maybe a couple of things that I had done, drew the creature to us. One, was playing my harmonica, along with my guitar. Another, was breaking large branches of wood across a tree stump. I was just breaking them up for firewood. I may have unintentionally signaled to this creature. Maybe, it was the smell of fresh coffee, which was a constant in our camp. It could have been one or all of these things that drew it's attention.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting