Utah IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: Utah IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:09 am

IBS Report #: 396

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude: +040˚ 43' N
Longitude: 110˚ 54' W
Day:
Month:
Year: MISG
Time:
Elevation: 5548

Data Source: “Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place,
Credibility: 2
Locality: Head Weber River drainage; between Pass lake and Cuberant Basin
Researcher: Place
Witness: Jay Barker and Larry Beeson

Summary: 10 FT BF seen at small lake; white hair,

Sighting Text:
UT,Summit,40,43,110,54,d,m,y,t,e,Place78,2, Sighting,Head Weber River drainage; between Pass lake and Cuberant Basin, BF seen at small lake; white hair, Jay Barker and Larry Beeson; Odgen Utah. They and two yound teenage friends hiking ridge between Pass Lake and Cuberant basin; near the head of the Weber River drainage. BF seen at edge of small lake; ten feet tall; covered with white hair over its shoulders and halfway down the body. Ran into surrounding trees. Two adult men and six youngsters 5 to 14 saw. “Bigfoot All Over The Country;” 1978; Marian T. Place, inches 1.21.21.51.71.71.20.91.10.91.41.41.215.4 Coalville °F 23.728.235.143.351.859.466.264.256.146.635.225.244.6,
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: Coalville 1.2 1.2 1.5 1.7 1.7 1.2 0.9 1.1 0.9 1.4 1.4 1.2 15.4
Temp: Coalville 23.7 28.2 35.1 43.3 51.8 59.4 66.2 64.2 56.1 46.6 35.2 25.2 44.6
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:09 am

IBS Report #: 28

Latitude: +040˚ 17' N
Longitude: 109˚ 51' W
Day:
Month:
Year:
Time: 12M-1AM
Elevation: 4997

Data Source: HUNTFORTHESKINWALKER-KELLEHER AND KNAPP, 2005
Credibility: 2
Locality: FT DUCHESNE, BOTTLE HOLLOW
Researcher: WARE
Witness: UTE MAN

Summary: BF SEEN, DOGS SPOOKED, HAIR ON WITNESS ERECT, ODOR, GARBAGE CANS KNOCKED OVER

Sighting Text:
Uintah UT 401719N 1095132W Fort Duchesne 4997 HUNTFORTHESKINWALKER-KELLEHER AND KNAPP, 2005 We also conducted an interview with a Ute man who worked as a security officer for the tribe. He provided us details about his own encounter with a Bigfoot. Brandon Ware (not his real name) received his police training at an academy associated with the Bureau of Indian Affairs. He says he was working the 10:00 P.M.to 4:00 A.M.shift, guarding a tribal building near Bottle Hollow. Between midnight and 1:00in the morning, Ware walked up to check on the building and noticed that the guard dogs inside were calm but staring intently through a window at something outside. They weren't barking, he said, just looking. "I could see this big 0L' round thing, you know, in the patio over there," Ware recalls, "and the hair started raising on my neck and I kinda got worried a little bit trying to figure out what things were. I stood there and watched it for a few minutes, then it came over the top and headed down the road. But I could smell it. Even after it was gone, you could smell it... Ware says that when the creature realized it was being observed, it briefly looked over at Ware, then vaulted over a low wall that surrounded the patio area outside the building. He says it took off running toward the Little Chicago neighborhood, crashing into garbage cans as it moved past the homes, and generating a cacophony of loud barking by every dog in the immediate area. Ware then went into the building and telephoned another on-duty officer who was nearby. By the time Ware left the building, the other officer had pulled up in his patrol car. Ware told the other officer to turn off his engine so they could listen to the hubbub that was still unfolding among the nearby homes. "We listened a little bit and we could hear it. Then we jumped in and took off. We headed down the hill to see if we could catch up to it." The two officers didn't see the creature again that night, but they had no trouble tracing its path through the cluster of homes because they were able to follow a noticeable trail of scattered garbage cans. "It must have gone straight on through," Ware recalls. "We could see where cans-people usually tie up their cans-them were all off. I told the other officer, 'Hey man, maybe it picked up them cans and was throwing them at those dogs.' " Ware provided further details about what he had seen. His initial impression was of something dark and round. But he says that when the creature stood erect to vault over the patio wall, it appeared to be "huge." Ware was carrying a large flashlight at the time of the encounter. He says he was using the flashlight just minutes before while checking the doors of the building, but when he tried to use it to illuminate the creature, the light wouldn't turn on. When the creature took off running down the hill, the flashlight clicked back on. "He moved quick," he told us. "Whatever it was, it moved. I called him a 'he'-it could have been a she. It could have been whatever, but he moved quick going down through there. But it was kind of cool. It was neat. I never knew it . . . it was something I've never seen before. I've heard about them. I heard the old people talking about some of these things." Utah
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: FT DUCHESNE 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.6 0.8 0.7 0.5 0.6 0.7 0.9 0.4 0.5 6.9
Temp: FT DUCHESNE 1.8 8.1 21.9 30.7 39.2 46.8 53.2 50.7 41.0 30.7 20.3 6.6 29.3
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:10 am

IBS Report #: 407

Day:
Month:
Year:
Time:
Elevation: 4990

Credibility: 3
Locality: FT DUCHESNE, SHORTY'S HILL
Researcher: WARE
Witness: WARE

Summary: BLACK BF SEEN, EYES REFLECT RED

Sighting Text:
Uintah UT 401717N 1095117W Fort Duchesne 4990 HUNTFORTHESKINWALKER-KELLEHER AND KNAPP, 2005 Just a few nights later, Ware got a chance for a second look. He and another officer, Bob (not his real name), were patrolling a back road that emerges at a spot known as Shorty's Hill. They emerged from the road into a pasture area that is punctuated by a large rock. "I don't know if it was the same guy or not," Ware says. "It was a big 01' black hairy thing hanging there, and when it turned around, it had big 0l' eyes on him. It had big 01' red eyes on him about yea big. We'd just passed it and I told Bob, ‘There he is,’ and then he comes up to a screeching halt, and we backed up, by the time we got out, it was gone. Ware described the creatures eyes as being “coal red” and unusually large. He isn’t sure whether the headlights of the patrol car might have affected his perception of the beasts eye color, but tends to doubt it. He has no doubt about the presence of the beast itself. “We got out of there to go look and we had shotguns and pistols and everything. We were goinG to blow him away,” Ware admits. Utah
Climate / Ecology:

Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 16

Day:
Month:
Year: 1989
Time:
Elevation: 4990

Credibility: 1
Locality: FORT DUCHESNE
Researcher: UTE TRIBAL POLICE
Witness: JICKS

Summary: SKINWALKER ON PORCH, POLICE SHOOT AT, BLOOD FOUND

Sighting Text:
HUNTFORTHESKINWALKER-KELLEHER AND KNAPP, 2005 "There was an incident sixteen years ago where a skinwalker was on a porch in Fort Duchesne," Hicks remembers. "They called the tribal police and tracked it east toward the river. They took some shots at it and thought they hit it because they found blood on the ground,but they never found a body. Utah
Climate / Ecology:

Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 696

Latitude: +039˚ 36' N
Longitude: 109˚ 37' W
Day:
Month:
Year: MISG
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR77
Locality: SOUTH WEAVER AREA (PLOT WEAVER DAM)
Researcher: DAVE
Witness: DAVE RELATIVE

Summary: BF SIGHTING

Sighting Text:
UT MISG TR#77 Another call from Dave, said a relative had an sighting in north Utah at the South Weaver area
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3075

Latitude: +039˚ 59' N
Longitude: 109˚ 07' W
Day:
Month:
Year:
Time:
Elevation: 5023

Data Source: TR 77 MAY 98
Locality: South Weaver area
Researcher: ART BELL
Witness: DAVE

Summary: BF SIGHTING IN NORTH UTAH

Sighting Text:
TR 77 MAY 98 Art Bell didn’t give much time for callers, Another call from Dave, said a relative had an sighting in north Utah at the South Weaver area.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:11 am

IBS Report #: 589

Sighting Type: 3

Latitude:
Longitude: 0
Day:
Month: JUL OR AUG
Year: 1997
Time: 2 AM
Elevation:

Data Source: TR72
Locality: Wasatch Mountains east of Salt Lake, Desolation Ridge Trail, Mill Creek Side
Researcher: Ryan Layton,
Witness: W.D.,

Summary: HEAVY WALKING IN CAMP, BED OF BOUGHS IN CAVE

Sighting Text:
UT UTAH 1994 TR#72 * Had a call from “Radio One,” in Salt Lake, Utah, AM1230, on 10/27 at midnight, and was asked to be a guest on their show, “Wild In The Night,” host Christopher Wilde, along with Ryan Layton, of Layton, Utah, Bigfoot investigator. We were on the air for two hours discussing our hairy friend, and taking calls from the public. The most interesting call was from W.D., who three years ago in July or August, had been doing some climbing in the Wasatch Mountains east of Salt Lake. He had hiked alone the Desolation Ridge Trail, and camped in an old Shepherd’s camp the night before climbing on over the ridge and descending on the Mill Creek side of the ridge. That night, while in a pup tent, he had gone to bed around midnight after lounging around a fire. About two hours later he woke to the sounds of something heavy walking, “something exploring my camp.” It didn’t seem like a deer he said. There was no smell. The next morning at the end of a meadow next to the sheep herding line camp, he noted a cave at the rimrock, and decided to explore it. At the end of the 20 foot cave, on the right hand side of the cave behind a rock, was a bed made of boughs, and tufts of 4-6 inch long wavy hair (sheep?). He didn’t collect any. There was no stench, feces, or bone fragments noted. Ryan Layton, Christopher Wilde, with W.D. as a guide plan to explore the cave again this coming weekend if weather and snow permits. We had commented on communication and Ryan mentioned that he had tried the wood-on- wood thumping in central Utah and had a reply, which was interesting. Ryan also mentioned that in Nine Mile Canyon there were pictographs depicting humans with exaggerated feet and other large feet also outlined on the rocks.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:11 am

IBS Report #: 2933

Latitude: +040˚ 37' N
Longitude: 111˚ 28' W
Day:
Month: JUL OR AUG
Year: 1994
Time: 2 AM
Elevation: 7944

Data Source: TR 72 OCT 97
Locality: Desolation Ridge Trail, MILL CREEK
Researcher: Ryan Layton
Witness: W.D.

Summary: BF IN CAMP, BF BED INCAVE, HAIR FOUND

Sighting Text:
TR 72 OCT 97 * Had a call from “Radio One,” in Salt Lake, Utah, AM1230, on 10/27 at midnight, and was asked to be a guest on their show, “Wild In The Night,”, host Christopher Wilde, along with Ryan Layton, of Layton, Utah, Bigfoot investigator. We were on the air for two hours discussing our hairy friend, and taking calls from the public. The most interesting call was from W.D., who three years ago in July or August, had been doing some climbing in the Wasatch Mountains east of Salt Lake. He had hiked alone the Desolation Ridge Trail, and camped in an old Shepherd’s camp the night before climbing on over the ridge and descending on the Mill Creek side of the ridge. That night, while in a pup tent, he had gone to bed around midnight after lounging around a fire. About two hours later he woke to the sounds of something heavy walking, “something exploring my camp.” It didn’t seem like a deer he said. There was no smell. The next morning at the end of a meadow next to the sheep herding line camp, he noted a cave at the rimrock, and decided to explore it. At the end of the 20 foot cave, on the right hand side of the cave behind a rock, was a bed made of boughs, and tufts of 4-6 inch long wavy hair (sheep?). He didn’t collect any. There was no stench, feces, or bone fragments noted.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting