Alaska IBS Sighting Reports

The International Bigfoot Society was once a powerhouse in the Bigfoot Community and the go to place for information, with it's demise, we have collected all available data from it to place here for current and future researchers to be able to access that information.
Forum rules
This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
admin
MABRC Chief Forum Administrator, MABRC Executive Director

Re: Alaska IBS Sighting Reports

Post by admin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:29 pm

IBS Report #: 3384

Sighting Type: 1

Latitude: +059˚ 13' N
Longitude: 151˚ 44' W
Day:
Month:
Year:
Time:
Elevation: 36

Data Source: TR 87 MAY 1999
Credibility: 3
Locality: Portlock
Researcher: Rob Alley, JOHN GREEN
Witness: NATIVES

Summary: INDIANS ABANDON VILLAGE WHEN BF COMES

Sighting Text:
TR 87 MAY 1999 * Rob Alley, kokanee@ptialaska.net , May 28, 1999. As to clamming by Sasquatches, JG mentions one native village of Portlock, AK, up on the Kenai, I think which evacuated early this century presumably because of the BFs that came down out of the mountains to the flats in front of the village (to dig clams?) and generally raise a ruckus.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:
Ecology: Missing

admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:29 pm

IBS Report #: 926

Latitude: +059˚ 12' N
Longitude: 151˚ 44' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1900
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR87 JOHN GREEN
Locality: Portlock
Researcher: ROB ALLEY
Witness: SEVERAL

Summary: BLACK BF SQUATTED TO DIG FOR CLAMS ON BEACH, SWIM IN BAY

Sighting Text:
AK WRANGWELL-PETERSBURG 1900 TR#87 * Rob Alley, kokanee@ptialaska.net , May 28, 1999. Around 1900 -At the turn of the century, witness reports from the surrounding area of Thomas Bay, Alaska just north of Wrangell along the Inland Passage suggested that loggers and fisherman had seen "hairy devils" digging for clams and swimming in the frigid waters of the bay. Sasquatch clam digging stories have been also reported in southern Oregon along the northern California coastal regions of Eureka. I found this notation in my database with no citation. The only thing I have from there is the story of the four foot monkey-like creatures who swarmed up the cliff-face after the author of "The Strangest Story Ever Told" written some time ago by the late Mr.(Harry?)Colp. As to clamming by Sasquatches, JG mentions one native village of Portlock, AK, up on the Kenai, I think which evacuated early this century presumably because of the BFs that came down out of the mountains to the flats in front of the village (to dig clams?) and generally raise a ruckus. In a nutshell, Tom B. was fishing halfway up the Portland Canal about 15 years ago with his dad and uncle when he saw a black, man sized, BF on a beach (watched several minutes through binoculars) while BF squatted digging in sand with a stick, putting something to its' mouth. I imagine this could have been clams. There is a particular large format nautical gazetteer to the Inside Passage, one of several which makes interesting little notes about each island and passage, I don't recall its title, that makes reference to a Sasquatch seen on the shore by someone, I recall it was somewhere between Campbell River and Prince Rupert, and it may have had a reference to clamming. I will try to follow this up. I have a vague report from some tight-lipped Haida man about a "Go-giidt" being seen in a place in or near Mabel Bay south of Hydaburg, AK, in a place marked on the large scale maps as Clam Cove. There is a published report in J.Green I think about a Bishop's Cove which may mention clamming. Bob Titmus had some sighting of a BF on the beach, but I don't know if clamming was mentioned. I still have only two Wrangell reports, neither one a sighting, no clams mentioned and I hope to get to the bottom of them this summer. My oldest native informant (now deceased) told me in 1995 that he believed clams were one of the main staples of "Go-gidt". (It's kind of quaint researching here because a lot of the older natives use "kushtekaa" and "go-giidt" or such for Sasquatch or BF) My personal suspicions are that up here the diet comprises the same omnivorous fare as elsewhere, from fish and grass to spruce buds berries and deciduous leaves, but also includes a variety of conifer cambium, seaweed’s, mollusks, deer, blue grouse, crab and where present, abalone, as well as deer just shot, hung salmon, migrating salmonids, unseal, any non-poisonous wild plants with a corm, and I have one old (60's) hunters' story, third hand, about a very tall black, hairy manlike creature chasing a herd of mountain goats down toward the hunters at treeline above Rudyerd Bay in Misty Fjords. There are some very low spring neap tides in S.E. AK and coastal BC that would offer a Sasquatch tremendous foraging opportunities for shellfish. Bob Titmus told someone once that it was his feeling that the key dietary item up here was the seed of the shore pine, Pinus contorta, which grows along the ocean and in higher muskegs in good number. I don't know who the BC team of scientists searching the upper BC coast this summer are but I imagine they have all this considered in some way or form. This is about all I have to share at the moment, except for a question. Art K. told me that he and his brother had been on the Cleveland peninsula a few years ago and N. of Meyers Chuck, not far inland, they had found four strange piles of wild crabapples in the middle of the forest. There were four piles, easily three feet high, separated a hundred plus feet apart just like the points of the compass, and they were each carefully stacked up, much the way your grocer would do it into what he described as pyramids, just as neat as you please. Rob Alley, Ketchikan, AK
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: WRANGELL 7.5 5.9 5.5 5.0 4.4 3.9 4.9 6.1 8.3 12.8 9.7 7.9 81.8
Temp: WRANGELL 29.1 32.2 36.0 41.9 48.6 54.1 56.8 56.3 51.4 44.4 36.9 31.5 43.0
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:30 pm

IBS Report #: 2780

Sighting Type: 2

Latitude: +060˚ 49' N
Longitude: 152˚ 43' W
Day:
Month: WINTER
Year: 1977
Time: 1076
Elevation: 6000

Data Source: TR 65 MAR 97 Anchorage Daily News, REPINE
Locality: Lake Clark Pass
Researcher: JIM REPINE
Witness: JIM REPINE

Summary: TRACKS SEEN

Sighting Text:
TR 65 MAR 97 Repine personally saw huge tracks leading up an impossible to-get-to ravine at 6,000 feet in Lake Clark Pass in mid-winter in 1977. The natives of the area call the creature the Big Man, but are reluctant to talk about it to whites.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:30 pm

IBS Report #: 797

Latitude: +060˚ 32' N
Longitude: 150˚ 45' W
Day: 3
Month: DEC
Year: 1998
Time:
Elevation:

Data Source: TR83
Credibility: 2
Locality: near Sterling, Alaska, Oct. or Nov., on the Skilak Lake road on the Kenai Peninsula
Researcher: BFRO
Witness: Adam A.

Summary: 6-7 FT BF CROSSING ROAD

Sighting Text:
AK MISG 1998 TR#83 * Internet. BFRO post(http://www.money maker.org/BFRR/) Adam A. reports Dec. 3, 1998, that near Sterling, Alaska, Oct. or Nov., on the Skilak Lake road on the Kenai Peninsula, in the spruce forest, a native saw a hairy person about 6-7 feet tall, and it was walking casually across a dirt road by Skilak Lake. It stopped and looked at him, appearing surprised, then left rapidly into the woods. The area is surrounded by mountains, lakes and forest. It was about 275-300 yards away, and appeared to be very agile. There was no snow on the ground. The native loaded his single shot shotgun, not knowing if the thing was friendly or not. He would have told the authorities, but figured they wouldn’t believe him. “He was very serious as he was telling the story. I know the man, he is a strong Christian.” He had been hunting small game while it was still daylight, so had a good view of the hairy man.
Climate / Ecology:

Precip: KENAI 1.03 1.01 0.88 0.74 0.93 1.19 1.94 2.68 3.26 2.51 1.55 1.41 19.12
Temp: KENAI 12.45 17.19 22.82 34.23 43.96 50.55 54.58 53.72 46.92 34.61 21.73 14.25 34.08
Sun: DONE FOR PACIFIC STANDARD TIME...ALASKA IS ADDITIONAL 2 HOURS FROM GRENWICH MEAT TIME -10 HRS Sun and Moon Data for One Day The following information is provided for (longitude W150.8, latitude N60.5): Thursday 3 December 1998 Universal Time SUN Begin civil twilight 17:50 Sunrise 18:47 Sun transit 21:53 Sunset 00:59 on following day End civil twilight 01:55 on following day MOON Moonset 16:50 on preceding day Moonrise 01:24 Moon transit 09:42 Moonset 18:18 Moonrise 02:00 on following day Full Moon on 3 December 1998 at 15:19 Universal Time.
Snow: KENAI 9.5 10.3 8.6 3.5 0.3 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.1 4.8 10.3 13.8 61.2
Ecology: spruce

admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:34 pm

IBS Report #: 3626

Sighting Type: 3

Latitude: +055˚ 22' N
Longitude: 131˚ 25' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1989
Time:
Elevation: 0

Data Source: “Raincoast Sasquatch”
Locality: Gem Cove
Researcher: J. Robert Alley
Witness: E.K.

Summary: THEFT OF DEER CARCASS

Sighting Text:
“Raincoast Sasquatch” J. Robert Alley 2003 Hancock House, $14.95 US $19.95 Canada ISBN 0-88839-508-6 358 pages 1989: Gem Cove, Revilla' Is., Mr. S. B. and E. K. report theft of deer carcass in muskeg within minutes of killing deer with highcaliber rifle. [map5]
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:34 pm

IBS Report #: 3654

Latitude: +055˚ 26' N
Longitude: 131˚ 48' W
Day:
Month:
Time:
Elevation: 121

Locality: Whipple Spur
Witness: E.E.

Summary: 15 IN TRACK

Sighting Text:
“Raincoast Sasquatch” J. Robert Alley 2003 Hancock House, $14.95 US $19.95 Canada ISBN 0-88839-508-6 358 pages 1998: Whipple Spur, Revilla Is., land manager E. E. reported a fifteen-inch track by muskeg, also deer tracks. [mapS]
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:35 pm

IBS Report #: 3655

Latitude: +055˚ 31' N
Longitude: 131˚ 48' W
Day:
Month:
Time:
Elevation: 180

Locality: Betton Island
Witness: Rob Shelton with friends

Summary: loud screams at night

Sighting Text:
“Raincoast Sasquatch” J. Robert Alley 2003 Hancock House, $14.95 US $19.95 Canada ISBN 0-88839-508-6 358 pages 1998: east side Betton Is., west of Revilla' Is., west Behm Canal, Rob Shelton with friends reported two loud screams from forest on Betton Island, at night. [mapS]
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3657

Latitude: +055˚ 32' N
Longitude: 131˚ 35' W
Day:
Month:
Time:
Elevation: 299

Locality: Upper Wolf Lake,
Witness: two hunters

Summary: SHOT BEAR FOUND STUFFED IN HOLE AND COVERED WITH MOSS

Sighting Text:
“Raincoast Sasquatch” J. Robert Alley 2003 Hancock House, $14.95 US $19.95 Canada ISBN 0-88839-508-6 358 pages 1998: Upper Wolf Lake, West Revilla Island, A.K., two hunters searching for black bear wounded the previous night find bear carcass stuffed in muskeg hole and covered with patchwork of sphagnum moss. Hunters state no one else in area, and that moss camouflage required hands to do. [mapS]
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

IBS Report #: 3548

Latitude: +055˚ 57' N
Longitude: 131˚ 22' W
Day:
Month:
Year: 1921
Time:
Elevation: 285

Data Source: Raincoast Sasquatch”
Locality: Claude Point, north Revilla' Is
Witness: Jack McKay

Summary: LOUD CALLS

Sighting Text:
“Raincoast Sasquatch” J. Robert Alley 2003 Hancock House, $14.95 US $19.95 Canada ISBN 0-88839-508-6 358 pages 1921: Claude Point, north Revilla' Is., Jack McKay hears three loud humanlike calls, no one there. [mapS]
Climate / Ecology:

Precip:
Temp:
Sun:
Snow:

admin

Post by admin » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:36 pm

Sighting Report 3550 is missing

Return to “International Bigfoot Society Sightings Database”

• You do not have permission to post in chat.
@ admin « Tue 1:35 am »
Hey Yankeesearch, didn’t even know you were in chat, now you have the bug so bad you will have to keep going out to see another one. :)
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:56 am »
Anyway, as I stand before God, I did not make this up!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:55 am »
Not saying it was Sq/BF/DM/Yeti... but it was strange. And I am locking my doors tonight for sure! :lol:
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:54 am »
And just I was turning away, I thought I heard snort -- which could have been deer or maybe cattle... but... I do not know.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
I did not have the creepy feeling I normally get in these situations... so I really do not know what to make of it.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:53 am »
One detail I forgot to mention: the whoop had almost a human like talk after it on both occasions.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:52 am »
I walked back to the other side, and thought I heard a knock...
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:51 am »
Cattle about 1/8th mile away disappeared... and strangely at that location: it sounded like something banged the metal fence. Not loud... but never ever heard it before tonight.
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
Two whoops... and some deer scattering (they may have been scattering because of me).
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:50 am »
From 6:20 PM to maybe 6:45 PM CST
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:49 am »
I may have just had an encounter!
@ yankeesearch « Tue 12:46 am »
Hi gang! I know it has been a long time...
@ BrianDriver « Sat 12:59 pm »
Good quality pics. How long were the cams out?
@ admin « Thu 9:09 pm »
Just to get the chat going, it’s going to take some time to move over all the data, but in the end, hope everyone likes the layout here.

Who is chatting