Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (BFRO) CLERMONT COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:35 pm 

Highscores: 1
Quote:
Report # 26149 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, June 17, 2009.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fishermen experience possible early morning vocalizations and rock throwing at East Fork Lake
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR: 2009

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

DATE: 06/16/09

STATE: Ohio

COUNTY: Clermont County

LOCATION DETAILS: we were fishing on a sandy clearing just to the right of the floating dock at the Northshore boatramp,EastFork Lake State Park

NEAREST TOWN: Batavia,Ohio

NEAREST ROAD: old 32

OBSERVED: while fishing early in the morning at Eastfork Lake near batavia,ohio,my nephew and I heard first an owl hooting a couple of times and I told Cody that I'd never heard one there before.It was around 3 am,After a few more hoots all of a sudden a loud noise came from the woods.A noise that I've only heard in a jungle scene in a movie.The sound was of chimps in trees,warning of danger present,it was very strange.After about an hour had pasted,we heard the owl noise again and then broke out in a loud low scream,over and over we heard this scream.then it went into what sounded like dogs barking,maybe a few dogs and then the barking went into yelping like they were being hurt.Then it stopped.We didn't hear anything again.Occasionally we'd hear the sound of a large rock being thrown into the water about 100 yards away.We left alittle later after all that went on.

ALSO NOTICED: there were a piling of driftwood and trees where we were fishing.we took it apart and used a couple to lay our poles apon

OTHER WITNESSES: There was just Me and my nephew.

OTHER STORIES: no,none to my knowledge

TIME AND CONDITIONS: it was between 3-4am,pitch black out.we had a lantern hangging in a tree to see to fish

ENVIRONMENT: it was pitch black out.the noises came from toward the northshore pump station.It was early morning and alittle chilly.cloudy and sprinkling on and off

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Rachel Luffman:

I spoke with the witness and found him to be credible. He added the following details about what they heard that night:

- The vocalizations began as an owl type hooting, then turned to chattering like a monkey, then long deep howls, then barking like a dog. There were no dogs that he knows of in the area.

- He felt that the owl noises, the chatter, the howls, and the barks were all coming from the same creature or creatures.

- He has hunted and fished his entire life and had never heard anything like it.

- The vocalizations were not more than 50-60 yards away.

- The next day he and his nephew looked up animal sounds online. They found the BFRO site and listened to the audio clips.The deep screams/howls were similar to the "Ohio Howl" recording, as far as pitch and length. It sounded like whatever was making the howl had a lot of lung power.

- The rocks being thrown into the water sounded large and heavy.

- The two of them were growing increasingly uneasy the longer they stayed, and finally decided to leave after the rocks started to hit the water.

About BFRO Investigator Rachel Luffman:

Raised with a love of the outdoors, avid camper & hiker, fascination with the Sasquatch mystery since childhood.

BFRO Expeditions attended:

- Oklahoma 2008
- Missouri Ozarks 2008
- Florida 2009
- Oklahoma (Spring) 2009
- Oklahoma (Fall) 2009
- Missouri Ozarks 2009

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) CLERMONT COUNTY
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:09 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 49766 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Monday, September 14, 2015.
Grandmother and grandson spot a tall figure by the road's edge at East Fork State Park
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2015

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: September

DATE: 13

LOCATION DETAILS: Take Route 125 east out of Cincinnati, Ohio and go through Amelia for about four or five miles. You will come to a light with route 222 on right and old Route 74 on left. Turn left on Old 74 for about a quarter of a mile and you will see the entrance to park on left. Turn into park and go about 100 yards and that is the location of where we saw it.

NEAREST TOWN: Amelia, Ohio

NEAREST ROAD: Old Route 74 off Rt. 125

OBSERVED: My grandson and I had driven up to East Fork Lake to take pictures of deer. They come out in the evening to graze near the lake. We took a few photos of the deer then decided to leave because it was getting dark. As we were leaving the park (two lane road with heavy woods on both sides of road), I had been talking to him (he was driving and I was in the passenger seat) when I turned my head forward and noticed something a short distance in front of us next to the side of the road. There was something tall and very dark that was hard to make out. As we slowly passed it I could finally see it and realize it was a Sasquatch. It was very large with a chest about 3 feet wide and stood about 7 to 8 feet tall. It was not moving, it was just standing there looking down the road from whence we had just come. I said to my grandson "what was that” and he could not answer. We kept driving out of the park too afraid to turn around and go back. It had come out of the woods and was probably getting ready to cross into the heavy woods across the road. That animal was huge and looked very powerful. I was shocked because it is a busy park but with a lot of deer and people with picnics. I forgot to mention it was late, somewhere around 8 PM, the sun had already gone down but we were still able to make out object from the twilight.

ALSO NOTICED: To quick to notice.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just me and my grandson. I am 74 and he is 31.

OTHER STORIES: There have been two that I know of. One was a couple of fishermen who were night fishing and large rocks started being thrown at them. They didn't do anything because they were curious but soon this animal started screaming and they got out of there real fast. This was to have happened last year.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Cool crisp weather. It was twilight around 8pm

ENVIRONMENT: Two lane road in and out of state park. About 10 to15 feet on both sides mowed grass then heavy woods on both sides of road. The sighting was before the ranger station on the left side of road going in.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jeff Crisman:

Spoke with the witness on the phone on Friday 9/17 and met with her and her grandson on Saturday 9/18 at the sighting location.

She and her grandson had been to East Fork State Park to photograph deer in a grove near the beach. When leaving the park at approximately 8-8:15 PM, grandson driving the vehicle, noticed a tall object on the right side of the road from about 150 ft. which he attributed to a cedar tree. From this point he continued to drive looking out for deer.

She didn't notice the object until it was approximately 10 to 15 ft. in front of the vehicle and approximately 3 ft. off the side of the road on the passenger side. In her report she estimated it was between 7-8 ft. tall and couldn't see the face/top of it as they rode by. From the passenger seat where she was sitting, the top of the line of sight was approximately 6'10''-7' (give or take 6" depending on the exact location of the subject and the location of the car in proximity to the edge of the road).

Photo of the curve they were rounding that evening as they were leaving the park, rounding the curve they were heading SW:

This photo is approximately where the grandson first noticed the shape and assumed it was a tree. Their vehicle that you can see is in the approximate location of where the figure was:

This photo illustrates how close the treeline is to the road:

In this photo we are attempting to determine the possible height, I'm standing approximately the same distance off the road as where the figure stood:

About BFRO Investigator Jeff Crisman:

Jeff has been interested in the bigfoot mystery since a young age. Growing up in Central Colorado, he formed an early bond with the outdoors. After serving eight years in the USAF as a medic, Jeff now resides in Southern Ohio.

Jeff enjoys camping and hiking, and believes that every piece of evidence should be examined critically. He has attended multiple expeditions, BFRO Ohio as well as several private outings.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:39 pm 

Quote:
Report # 56346 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, January 10, 2017.
Possible activity at a home south of Williamsburg
YEAR: 2015

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

DATE: 4

NEAREST TOWN: Williamsburg, Ohio

NEAREST ROAD: OH-133

OBSERVED: Was at a friend's, watching the house while they were on vacation. Surrounding area is woods and fields for miles. Most houses are very far apart. Located south of Williamsburg, OH.

On a trip from their separate garage to the house I heard two loud wood knocks coming from the woods behind their house. I immediately stopped and listened, and about 1 minute later heard a fairly close and very distinctive "whoop" come from that same area in the woods. I stayed out there for several more minutes, but didn't hear anything else.

Later, in the middle of the night all of the dogs (all sleeping in various places in the house) all started barking loudly at the same time for several minutes. Of course, I have no idea what made made them do that and could have been many things. Only noted because it was the same night.

OTHER WITNESSES: none

OTHER STORIES: Have read of others on BFRO.....that is when I decided to submit a report also.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Around 6pm - getting dark. Sunset was around 6:30 that time of year. Don't recall the days weather conditions, but it wasn't raining then.

ENVIRONMENT: Woods and farming fields. Houses can be pretty far apart in this area.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jonny Walker:

I spoke to her at length about her report, and the area in which it happened. Having both hunted and hiked in the area, I know it to be true that population is sparse in the region, as well as heavily wooded.

I was also informed that about 3 to 4 months following the report, she had went to go to the garage and turned on the yard light to see her way. Upon doing so, she saw a dark figure at the edge of the lit area make its way across the property and disappear into the darkness.

We have received other reports from this area that we are working on at this time.

The East Fork Wilderness and Wildlife Areas are nearby.

About BFRO Investigator Jonny Walker:

Jonny Walker works in the surveillance field and is an avid outdoors-man and hunter, he has hiked several National Parks, and a few Manitoba Provincial Parks. He has seen and heard evidence of Sasquatch. Jon attended the 2017 Kentucky Expedition.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:22 pm 

Quote:
Report # 60924 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, September 3, 2018.
Homeowner across the street from East Fork State Park (30mi SE of Cincinnati) describes possible encounter at night
YEAR: 2018

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: April

DATE: 21

LOCATION DETAILS: Southern side of Eastfork Lake area.

NEAREST TOWN: Bethel

NEAREST ROAD: US 125

OBSERVED: One night this past Spring at about 10:00 PM, when it was warm enough to be outside at night without a coat and with just shorts and a t-shirt on, and when the leaves on the trees were budding but not fully grown-in, our Border Collie/Australian Shepherd was out near the front of our property which is just across the street from the East Fork State Park woods, barking his head off.

Often, even at night, I will just ignore him because he barks at every little thing. But this bark definitely sounded like he was saying there’s something HERE and I want to let the whole world know. I was in an outbuilding, went inside, and grabbed my high-powered flashlight. When I came back out our dog was still barking loudly and remained laser-focused as he stared at something in the woods across the street.

I shone my light between some trees, and bam, got some bright eyeshine right back – not the red eyeshine you so often read about, but bluish-white, I think. Now, at no point did I have my glasses on which I use for driving at night, but, here’s my point – the eyeshine was at a height that I guessed to be about ten to twelve feet up. The eyes stayed fixed on me at that point, blinking – sometimes both eyes at once, sometimes one eye then quickly the other. My wife came out and said “Oh, it’s just an owl,” but I wasn’t convinced. My voice was trembling a bit because I’ve read the other stories on this website about sasquaches living in the area, especially the one pertaining to the bigfoot standing along the entrance road to the park being only about two miles from our little property below the lake.

Besides, I thought, “Why would my 11 year old dog be going crazy over an owl perched on a branch fifty feet away from our fence? How would he even hear an owl gliding so silently onto a branch in the woods at night?” It’s also hard for me to believe that he would have happened to see an owl gliding onto a branch at night, but . . . maybe. It just seems far-fetched. Well, at that point I went inside and grabbed my b.b. gun. Probably not the best idea, as I do not yet own a handgun or other weapon that could actually provide some protection if things went south.

So, I went to our front door, opened it a crack, held the flashlight in my teeth, kept a fire extinguisher next to me just in case it came rushing out of the woods at me – at least I could try to fill its face with something it would definitely not like to be breathing in – and aimed my b.b. rifle at the eyes still shining back at me. I pulled the trigger and waited. About 1 to 2 seconds later (I don’t think I hit it), whatever it was clearly reacted to the b.b. which must have passed nearby. Then, for about 2 and a half seconds I heard it start to crash through the woods from right to left, with left being in the direction of our mailbox, driveway, and the road we take to access our street . . . then silence. However, what interested me was that our dog was still super-focused and barking, no different, but even after the crashing went quiet, he continued to track something to the left, barking as furiously as ever. So, if my location was the apex of a triangle, and the creature was at the farthest point away, and its movement to the left represents the base of the triangle, my dog had to run full speed to keep up with it even though my dog’s trajectory would have represented a shorter “base” distance of a smaller triangle. In other words, kind of like when in a marching band the people on the outside fringe of a circular-moving formation have to march at double- or triple-time to keep up with the people who are barely shuffling their feet at the center of the circle, the creature was moving so fast that my dog still had to run full-out to keep up with it. I’d say my dog ran about thirty or forty feet to my left in about four seconds, which means that the creature ran about 100 to 150 feet in that time . . . through somewhat dense woods (which is where I always harvest kindling for our Buck Stove, and I can tell you, this section of woods are not impassable by any means, but there is still plenty of undergrowth to have to push your way through).

My dog’s gaze then remained focused as he continued to bark at a location in the woods across the street about 15 feet to the left of my driveway, so, I presume that that’s where the creature probably took a turn and headed back deeper into the woods.

Lastly, I have been doing a lot of projects in my yard out front all Summer long. I can tell you that whenever my dog would be outside with me, about 85% of the time I observed him to be staring at that location 15 feet to the left of our driveway. And, even though our neighbors and their dogs and other activity around our property would and still do capture his attention very easily, when the distraction goes away, my dog still very often will return to his spot and continue his vigil. In the 20 months that we have lived here, I have never seen him keeping such diligent watch on the woods in general and certainly not on one location in particular until after this incident.

Since that incident there have been times when I have called him in at night and I’ve found him lying down in an alert position and, in the dark, be staring at that same spot, as if waiting to see the creature reappear. I just can’t imagine an owl or a coyote or a deer having made that initial crashing noise and then going silent like that. I also just can’t imagine my dog keeping such diligent watch over the woods for weeks and months afterwards in response to a mere owl, deer, or even a coyote. Besides, no coyote’s or deer’s eyes are going to shine back at me ten or more feet up in the air.

I am about 95% sure that I shone my light into the eyes of a sasquatch that night – and a big one, too. Though I wish I’d thought to go look for tracks the next day after work, two things got in my way: busyness, and fear. I’m sure the creature was long gone 24 hours later, but I couldn’t help but wonder if a sasquatch remembers someone firing a b.b. gun at him or not.

OTHER WITNESSES: My wife saw the eyeshine but immediately labeled it as that of an owl.

OTHER STORIES: The other stories on your website.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Fully dark, between 10:00 and 10:30 PM. I can't remember if there was any significant moonlight, but I do know it was definitely not a clear night with a full moon.

ENVIRONMENT: Temperate old and new growth forest, with both hardwoods and pine.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jonny Walker:

I spoke to the dog owner and believe he did in fact experience what he stated. He spoke very matter of factly, and repeated what he reported. Though his wife dismissed the eye shine as being an owl, he agreed an owl could not have gone crashing through the brush like a bull elk. I informed the dog owner of things to watch for and was assured he would contact us promptly should any further activity should happen near his property.

My own experience in the eastfork area was close to the same wooded area across from his home.

At this time there are several reports being investigated in East Fork Park and surrounding area.

About BFRO Investigator Jonny Walker:

Jonny Walker works in the surveillance field and is an avid outdoors-man and hunter, he has hiked several National Parks, and a few Manitoba Provincial Parks. He has seen and heard evidence of Sasquatch. Jon attended the 2017 Kentucky Expedition.

Profile Personal album