Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

Behave Like Adults

Post subject: Reports from around the Internet
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:20 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Year:
Length of Observation:
various points during night and early am
Month:
July
Time of Day:
12-7am
Season:
Summer
Terrain:
sagebrush on mountains, wooded trees and grassy meadow by stream.
5000 feet above sea level. Unitah Mountains of Utah
Weather Conditions:
summer early am most likley b/w 60-70 degrees
Lighting Conditions:
dark with some moonlight at night.
sun coming up around 7am-clear blue skies.
Activity at time of sighting: in tent trying to sleep with my sister.
Number of Witnesses: 2
State and/or County: Utah daggett county
Nearest Town or Landmark: Vernal Utah 25 miles south. forest rd off of rt 191. In High Unitah Mountains-Ashley National Forest.
Physical Evidence?
Description of Location:
camping at a guard station, my sister and I pitched a tent outside the cabin. Station in gulley is b/w to hillsides. 5000 feet level. No one around for miles. We were 5 miles off rt 191 off an unpaved forest road.
GPS Coordinates:
Animal Description:
didn't see anything just heard.
Hair Samples:
Skin/Blood with the Hair?:
Locomotional Details: didn't see anything
Animal's Activity :
no noise was heard..you could here a pin drop-very odd. heard a grunt/moan and then bi-pedal walking around tent and guard station. sounded very BIG. My sister heard this also. early am about 7am..I heard 2 whoops..very clear and very close..sister was sleeping.
Description of Sighting Area:
guard station. cows on hillside to left. stream along left side of station that opens up wider about 100 yards away. grassy meadow/hill to left of station, hill with mountain sagebrush on it to right. deer seen daily by station. no one for miles. 5 miles off rt 191.
Food/Water Sources
stream right next to station. deer/elk in area as well as cattle-large amounts.
Description of Vocalizations
1 grunt. sounded like a bear-still could have been but heard bi-pedal walking immediatly following the grunt and it continued for about 10-15 mins til I shined my light out of the tent to find the source. No other animalsounds were heard from 12am-8am..no bird's, no mooing cows, no coyotes-all previously heard each am. I was wide awake as I had trouble sleeping from the early am grunt/walking and was thinking how oddly quite it was when I heard 2 whoops. one right after another with a 2-3 second pause b/w. Sounded exactly like the sierra sounds CD of Whoops & knocks. Didn't realize what I heard until I was on the BFRO website on returning from vaca and played the recording of the whoops & knocks & bi-ped walking
Recordings made?
Scat samples:
Specimen collected?
Description of Overall Event:
approx 12am: something moving in brush, heard a grunt/moan sound lastling 5-10 secs followed by bi-pedal walking with a lot of twigs/branches/leaves snapping and crunching for about 10-15 mins. stopped when I shined flashlight around perimeter of tent.
about 7am: 2 whoop calls, very clear and very close-maybe 50-100 yards away. each call lasted about 2 seconds with a 2-3 second pause in between.

Profile Personal album  

Post subject: Re: Reports from around the Internet
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:21 pm 

Quote:
Year:
1990ish
Length of Observation:
none
Month:
March
Time of Day:
3pm
Season:
Fall
Terrain:
Pulaski, NY or Oswege, NY around the Salmon River
Weather Conditions:
Sunny
Lighting Conditions:
afternoon, in kinda a valley
Activity at time of sighting: salmon fishing
State and/or County: New York
Nearest Town or Landmark: Oswego or Pulaski
Physical Evidence?
Description of Location:
River
GPS Coordinates:
Animal Description:
none
Hair Samples:
Locomotional Details:
Animal's Activity :
sounds like fishing in the water behind us
vally, trees and bushes on either side and behind us
Food/Water Sources
plentiful
howl & growl, scared the crap our of us, it was close
Recordings made?
Scat samples:
Specimen collected?
went to Syracuse University 1990-1994 and grew up near there. I spent my summers camping in the Adirondacks and never had any encounters. While at SU I had what I believe was an encounter with 2 creatures along the Salmon River in Mexico or Oswege NY.

I was Salmon fishing with 2 friends and 2 of us got tired and decided to watch our friend. So we sat down on a tree which had fallen across the stream and was about 1 ft over the water. Behind us large bushes had grown up and uness you stood on the tree or walked around the bushes you would not be able to see what was upstream.

Anyway as we watched our friend I noticed someone up on a hill, standing behind a tree. The sun was behind him so all I could see was a figure. At the same time we heard lots of water splashing around. My friend wondered what it was and I said probably a bear or some other animal going afterthe salmon. I shouted to the figure on the hill. No response. Again and and again I waved and shouted H E L L O but no response. There are some strange people up there so I just let it alone. Now Im 6ft 7in tall and played football in college for a while so i don't scare easily. But right after I stopped trying to get the figures attention, the spalshing behind us had stopped and we heard a scream, like nothing I've ever heard. My buddy and I almost crapped out pants. It was extremely loud and stange. At the time I remeber it being like a cross between the american warewolf in london howl and some crazy loud scream. We didn't dare to look over the bushes or even in that direction. For all I knew the creature that made the sound was looking at us thru the bushes or over the bushes. When my heart is pumping just thinking about it.

A minute later we heard it again but this time is was more directed towards us and sounded more mad or aggressive or intentional if that can be understood. We got the hell out of there. We heard it again while on the trail back to our car but it sounds like it was in the same place (not following us) and less aggressive sounding.

What I think it was, was an adult in the stream behind us trying to get a fish for food. The figure on the hill was an adolescent. The first scream was to inform the adolescent that it had caught dinner, kinda like HORRAY or YAHOO. Then after hearing me try to communicate to the adolescent, the second scream was a warniing to us. We got that warning and left. The 3rd scream was just to keep us moving in a direction away from them.

I often wonder what I would have seen if I looked over the bush.

We returned to the same spot and other spots without incident. From time to time we'd see someone walking out of the woods as we were walking in looking like they had the crap scared out of them. But no one ever talked about it.

Profile Personal album  

Quote:
Year:
Length of Observation:
15 seconds
Month:
August
Time of Day:
Afternoon
Season:
Summer
Terrain:
Mountainous ranging from 1600 - 2000 ft. above sea level
Weather Conditions:
Clear, no precipitation or fog
Lighting Conditions:
Sunny
Activity at time of sighting: Driving (slow on dirt road)
State and/or County: New York / Warren County
Nearest Town or Landmark: Town of Thurman / Garnet Lake
Physical Evidence?
Description of Location:
1/4 mile east of a lake on uniproved road with road following curvature of adjacent creek.
GPS Coordinates:
Animal Description:
Just past a lake about 1/4 mile, we saw something climb up from the bank of the brook as we passed by in our car. It was about 5 ft. tall and completely covered in
mud & leaves... so we really couldn't tell if it was hairy, but the arms were too long to be a person. It walked hunched over a bit and the hands were just below the knees. It turned is head, looked at us and kept walking up over the bank and into the woods. I'm not very familiar with bigfoot (of course I have heard of them), but don't know if they play in the mud nor am I familiar with their habits.
Hair Samples:
Locomotional Details: Animal walked bi-pedal; hunched over a bit and the hands fell just below the knees.
Animal's Activity :
Walking out of creek and over bank.
Open meadow area adjacent to creek that followed alongside unimproved dirt road 1/4 mile east of pond/lake
Food/Water Sources
Creek adjacent to road
Recordings made?
Scat samples:
Specimen collected?
We had driven to the end of a dirt road in Thurman and turned around to come back... it's a dead end road. Somehow we ended up driving over a mountain with a brook that follows along side the road and driving slow because its an old dirt road and secluded. After getting home and checking a map, I believe we were on
[location omitted]. At the top of this mountain is a large lake.
Investigator Commentary:
Report under further investigation.

Profile Personal album  

Quote:
Year:
Length of Observation:
Once a week or more
Month:
August
Time of Day:
about 1.00 a.m
Season:
Summer
Terrain:
The terrain is mostly forested but mixed with rural communitys, the tree growth in and around the campgrounds in mostly coniferous with huge Old white pines, the area sit's at the nothern tip of a 33 kilometer long lake wich is fed by a number of rivers and creeks.
Weather Conditions:
At the time it happened clear skies light breeze and temperatures almost to the freezing point.
Lighting Conditions:
Night, did not notice if moon was visible because of heavy coniferous cover.
Activity at time of sighting: Was inside tent but still awake
Number of Witnesses: None to my knowledge.
State and/or County: Longueuil, Quebec
Nearest Town or Landmark: Duhamel, Route# 321.
Physical Evidence?
Description of Location:
GPS Coordinates:
Animal Description:
Hair Samples:
Locomotional Details:
Animal's Activity :
i was camping for a week at the northern tip of Lac Simon (Quebec), this campground is managed by the province's land and forest departement and is quite remote and wild, this encounter happened during the week so the campgrounds were not as populated as usual
Food/Water Sources
i heard something scream non-stop in one shot for about 20 seconds from about 50 yards inside the tree line behind my tent
Recordings made?
Scat samples:
Specimen collected?
This unusual encounter happened on the night of thursday to friday august 18 2005 at around 1 a.m., i was camping for a week at the northern tip of Lac Simon (Quebec), this campground is managed by the province's land and forest departement and is quite remote and wild, this encounter happened during the week so the campgrounds were not as populated as usual,at around midnight i decided to put out my fire and head inside the tent to get some sleep, at around 1 a.m i was half asleep when i heard something scream non-stop in one shot for about 20 seconds from about 50 yards inside the tree line behind my tent, at first i did not make too much of it as it may of been another camper but after thinking about it throughout the night i came to the conclusion that this vocolization was too loud to have been done by another human being and that it was no animal of my knowledge,when i got up in the morning i did not go pocking around or asking questions to other campers, instead i just sat there having my breakfast and waited to see if others would come to me asking any questions, at the same time i was looking around to see how far other campers were from me and what kind of people they were, i did not sense or see any trouble makers or partying teens, most were in their fortys with young children or elderly retired type people, most campers were spread out maybe 50 to 75 yards apart.After braekfast i grabed my fishing gear and headed out in the trail behind my tent that geos into the tree line to a small river, the trail runs into the general area where i herd the scream come from, as i was walking down the trail i did not notice anything anusual except for a 6 inches in diameter broken spruce at around the 10 foot level but it could of been heavy snow from the winter because the break did not seem very fresh and did not yeild any hairs or fur, the ground in this trail is very hardly packed because of pine needles and sometimes heavy hiking traffic,the rest of the morning was spent fishing the river's edges by t!
raveling
its sandy shores but did not find any disturbances in the sand nor see or find anything anusual, for the rest of the week i only took short dawn and dusk fishing excursions as it rained most of the time.
Investigator Commentary:
Nothing beyond the witness report

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:14 pm 

Quote:
White Bigfoot in Tennessee

“I live in Belvidere, 14 miles away from Flintville, Tennessee. I was in 4th grade in 1976 when the Flintville Monster story came out in the Elk Valley Times. It was about the woman who almost got her child snatched by this creature. As a kid this was really scary because to me that thing could easily walk 14 miles east to our woods. I was scared to go in the woods.

In August 1994 my sister and cousin took a drive up our dead end road when they saw a white creature on two legs walk quickly across the road and started running into the nursery across the road. Not long after my brother was awakened by the dogs barking and saw a huge hairy white shape walk past our glass back door. I mention this because think the white creature in this Kelso/Flintville sighting and my sisters was the same creature. We are only a few miles from the Elk River and I've heard these Bigfoot creatures follow waterways.” Wade King

Profile Personal album