Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (BFRO) FAIRFIELD COUNTY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:20 am 

Highscores: 1
Quote:
Report # 8450 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, April 06, 2004.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Property owners hear loud vocalizations in early morning and have a possible sighting near Clearcreek Metro Park
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR: 2004

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: April

DATE: 3

STATE: Ohio

COUNTY: Fairfield County

LOCATION DETAILS: The sighting occured down the road from Clearcreek Metro Park, just off of State Route 33.

NEAREST TOWN: Revenge

NEAREST ROAD: Close to Clear Creek Road

OBSERVED: About a couple years ago my dad and I heard this sound which sounded like a women screaming like she was getting raped or something. After that day we started to hear it more often about three times a summer. Well, three days ago, I had a bunch of my friends come over and we were going to try and get a picture of whatever was making the sounds. When three of my friends went ahead of the group a ways like they were going to try and scare us the rest of the group turned around and went back to the house and decided to wait and listen for it before we went looking for it because it was pretty cold and it was supposed to start raining. Well, the three kids who went ahead to try to scare us didn't know that we had turned back and so they waited crouched in the woods waiting for us. As they were waiting they heard something behind them in an old cabin that has fallen in and starting to decay. When they shined the flashlight behind them at the object, they saw the silhouette of an enormous object. My one friend, who is about 6 ft. 5 in. tall, said the objet was just as tall as he was, at least. They didn't get a very good look at it, though, because as soon as they saw it they turned and ran about a quarter mile back to the house as fast as they could. I knew they saw something because I could see in there eyes how scared they were.

ALSO NOTICED: One time when we heard the noise it was so close to our house we could hear it walking around. And in between screams while it was walking you could hear it mumbling or growling. It was so close to the house, that it is highly unlikely that it was a bobcat because we have 4 dogs who stay outside in there pen.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just me and my dad have heard the sounds.
There were three people who made the sighting

OTHER STORIES: We talked to a neighbor down the road, and he said that he has heard the same noise walking around his house before.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Me and my dad usually heard the noise around dusk but occasionally around 2 to 3 at night. My friends saw it at around 12:30 at night

ENVIRONMENT: Very thick woods and hilly with some rocky caverns and caves. Many small creeks. Occurred in a sort of valley in an old fallen in cabin.

Follow-up investigation report:

After talking to the witnesses on multiple occasions it is quite obvious that something is moving through the valley between their home on a regular basis.

* Bobcat and Owls have been ruled out as the scream maker.
* They have all heard something walking around across the valley from their cabin on multiple occasions. It reminded them of a person walking upright.
* Their four good size dogs keep very quiet when the "screamer" is around.
* The teenagers that saw a huge thing standing next to the abandoned building were scared to death.
* The sheer remoteness of the property and abundance of food source would make great bigfoot territory.
* The property is set back in a four square mile wooded network of creeks and valleys.
* The 5000 acre Clear Creek Metropark borders up to the property.
* The screams heard are close to some of the sounds on the BFRO website but not as long in duration.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) FAIRFIELD COUNTY
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:21 am 

Highscores: 1
Quote:
Report # 7936 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, February 05, 2004.
Three people driving slow down to witness a dark biped walking toward the wood line near the Rock Mill Wildlife area

YEAR: 2000

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

DATE: 29

LOCATION DETAILS: Rock Mill area of off Lithopolis Road intersecting Rock Mill Road very close to the covered bridge.

NEAREST TOWN: Rock Mill

NEAREST ROAD: Lithopolis Road

OBSERVED:
We were driving home to the Lancaster, Ohio area on Lithopolis Road heading in a southeastern direction. We were coming over the hill just before the intersection of Lithopolis and Rock Mill Road slowing down to 30mph because of the very dangerous intersection. As we approached the intersection about 100 feet from the covered bridge, my friend said that he sees a set of eyes reflecting from the car lights on the left-hand side of the road. We quickly slowed down to take a look at what he was looking at. We all looked in the direction and witnessed a tall dark figure with yellowish green eyes walk from the left side of Lithopolis Road into the wood line at a normal pace taking very large strides. Being so late at night, we came to the conclusion that it could not have been a person because of the lack of homes in the area and it being late at night. We all agreed that the object in question was way to built in stature to be a person. The limbs appeared to be more elongated than a person. At no time did the object in question go down on all fours like a bear.

OTHER WITNESSES: My fiance and a friend.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was 1 AM, very dark out with no moon and the temperature was around 65 degrees.

ENVIRONMENT: Very wooded in the specific area with many hills. The area eventually leads to hilly plains and farmland. The Rock Mill Dam/Wildlife area is also very close.

Follow-up investigation report:

The witness added that It was between 15 to 25 feet from the car. It was six to six and a half feet tall and dark or black in color. What impressed them was its overall dimensions that were much larger than that of an average person. It had to weigh well over 300 pounds.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) FAIRFIELD COUNTY
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:20 am 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 51962 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
An ongoing array of audio recordings and multiple sightings in the heart of Fairfield County
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2016

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: May

DATE: May 31 2016

LOCATION DETAILS: My property in Fairfield county.

NEAREST TOWN: Lancaster

NEAREST ROAD: US 33

OBSERVED: Have seen him many times while on the road and I finally got a sound recording that was loud enough to record on my phone while in my house. We would hear it all the time but were never quick enough to get it recorded until recently.

ALSO NOTICED: My dogs stopped barking.

OTHER WITNESSES: Yes. My 14 year old son I have an audio recording.

OTHER STORIES: Yes have had a sighting. My ex girlfriend had one about 7 years ago about 3 miles away. I grew up here and my grandpa always told us the Clear Creek monster would get you if we go out at night. We never believed him until I was about 10 and we went coon hunting.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 2:38 AM

ENVIRONMENT: Woods, swamps, big trees, lakes, and our hunting grounds.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Bea Mills:

This report was done in cooperation with the landowner and myself, BFRO Ohio Investigator Marc DeWerth, Coyote, and some assistance by other fellow BFRO investigators. Thank you all for your much needed assistance.

Voicemail received from the witness to the BFRO on July 11, 2016, name and phone number omitted:

Attachment:

51962_call.mp3 [ 237.7 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

This is the recording that the witness mentions in his written report, captured by the witness from inside his home, on June 1, 2016, filtered:

Attachment:

51962_060116.mp3 [ 341.33 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

His call was returned and investigators visited with the witness, he related the event that had occurred just 4 nights prior, which was the purpose of his phone call, and is as follows:

Witness and family were aroused from home while hearing very loud vocalizations presumably near-by outside their home, and states that believed sticks and other objects were being thrown at the house. Witness remarked that his hound dog was baying, the chickens squawking, and the guinea hens alarming. Upset by all this commotion, witness armed self with a side arm and a high powered rifle and went outside to check on the pullet pen, where he states that several of his pullets had been noticed missing over the last several weeks. (The area where the pullet pen is located has minimal ambient light from the 20 ft. tall farm lamp by the garage, the area is otherwise dark, and resides immediately behind a long, one and a half story utility garage. An unimproved driveway extends from his home to the garage doors.) Upon rounding the backside of this garage, the witness noticed a man figure bending over (a 6 ft. tall cattle fence) leaning into the pullet pen. He shouted to the man, thinking he was a poacher, and the figure stood up holding a chicken in each hand, who promptly turned towards the wood-line where a small single-trek path leads directly into a narrow finger of his property's hollow, still with the chickens in hand. The witness states that he quickly ran after him and kneeled down at the promontory of the high-ground, raised his rifle to look through his scope. He noticed that the bipedal figure had already started up the other side of the hollow, making its way to the opposing ridge. The witness states that as he was about to pull the trigger, aimed at the figure, he heard noise to his left and a large branch fell in front of him. He looked up, seeing nothing besides the new fallen branch (which, being in a wooded area, is not necessarily uncommon). Looking through his scope again, his target was now well on top of the opposing ridge looking at him. As he was close to pulling the trigger again, another noise was heard and a much larger part of a tree branch fell next to him- nearly hitting him. Then he heard loud, ground floor commotion coming at him quickly from both the left and right sides causing him to get up and run back to his house. The witness remarked to us that he felt like his life was in danger at this point, and immediately returned to the back garage (near the pullet pen) armed with a large caliber, high powered rifle and proceeded to open fire. He stated that he felt it was necessary in keeping the safety of his home and family, who had reportedly locked themselves (mother and two children) in the master bedroom during this episode. The witness stated that the figure had stepped in the middle of the small, slow moving stream at the bottom of the hollow finger, after having reviewed the area the following day, and commenced to showing us this single track. See photos:

Attachment:
51962a.JPG
51962a.JPG [ 466.61 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

Attachment:
51962b.JPG
51962b.JPG [ 470.7 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

Attachment:
51962c.JPG
51962c.JPG [ 423.2 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

The track was noticeable, however obvious water erosion was noted, and details had since been washed away. Photos and measurements were taken at this time. No cast was poured.

After speaking and meeting with us, the witness captured a recording the same evening from inside the home on July 11, 2016, here is a filtered version:

Attachment:

51962_071116.mp3 [ 951.19 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

Initial investigation was concluded with pertinent follow-up, an exchange of phone numbers, and myself referenced as local point BFRO investigator, and Marc DeWerth as lead BFRO investigator. Affiliate BFRO Volunteer & tracker, Coyote, was present during initial investigation as well, who was able to track and support the witness' directional claims.

Photos from the initial investigation:

Inspecting the area of the chicken coop -

Attachment:
51962d.JPG
51962d.JPG [ 602.25 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

Attachment:
51962g.JPG
51962g.JPG [ 141.91 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

Scouring the hollow:

Attachment:
51962e.JPG
51962e.JPG [ 151.74 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

The trail that the thief ran down, from the top here in this photo, down toward the camera -

Attachment:
51962f.JPG
51962f.JPG [ 331.64 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

Closest nearby water source, other than the creek:

Attachment:
51962h.JPG
51962h.JPG [ 92.33 KiB | Viewed 50 times ]

To follow-up this report as of 4/17/2018: A recording project was commenced mid-July 2016 deploying Tascam DR-05 hung between three various locations just inside witness' treeline at the top of the hollow, as well as adjacent target areas. Batteries and SD cards were changed nightly, and audio was reviewed as time allowed. A makeshift parabolic was used occasionally utilizing a mono external microphone crafted by BFRO Investigator, Charles Kimbrough, to attempt the capture of witnessed long-distance vocalizations. Two different recorders were also used, a Tascam DR-03 and DR-08 were deployed at other locations in attempts to narrow down the location of vocalizations. The two previous recorders were noted as being unreliable and the Tascam DR-05 was once again utilized as primary. July 2017 a new device was bought and tried, the Olympus, with a slave D cell, and implementing stereo microphones made by BFRO Investigator, Charlie Page. Suspended again in the same location for consistency, this new recorder has had efficient and effective results. Field trials were infallible. Audio has been being reviewed as time allows. Vocalizations on this property have been consistent with the witness' initial claims. Tapering off in November as the deciduous trees lose leaves and neighboring fields are plowed, and increasing with spring leafing, and as early as late February 2018. Noted peaks were during the pre and postdromal phase of the full moon.

During this extended period of research and investigation, we have received an additional 10 possible sighting reports from the immediate and surrounding area, from a multitude of unassociated neighbors, farmers and locals.There is a noted consistent theme of at least 3 creatures of various sizes being seen between 6 to 10ft in height. In addition, toward the beginning and duration of 2017, there have been multiple witness reports of two identical appearing, smaller sized (3 to 4ft. tall) juvenile creatures accompanied by a brownish-red colored female creature.

Aggressive behaviors have ceased since the poultry got cleaned out. They took or killed everything the witness had in the pen, so the family gave up and took it down.

We will update as this report continues.

About BFRO Investigator Bea Mills:

Bea Mills is an avid outdoors woman. She is the current president of the Ohio Certified Volunteer Naturalist, Hocking Hills Chapter, and regularly volunteers in the field with both State and local conservation and preservation organizations on numerous research projects. She lectures throughout the state of Ohio, and is the Organizer of the Hocking Hills Bigfoot Conference, a charity event, to support youth in attending educational summer camp programs in the Hocking region. Having attended several private and public expeditions throughout the country, she continues to gain and share experiential knowledge through teamwork and collaboration.

Profile Personal album