Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or
phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple
copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: Bus Passengers Sight 7-Foot, Furry Something
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:26 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
The Daily Times - News
Burlington, N.C., Tuesday May 17, 1977
Sasquatch?
Bus Passengers Sight 7-Foot, Furry Something
Mission, British Columbia (AP) – It was seven feet tall, furry and lumbered across the highway, say the eyewitnesses. Exactly what it was no one can say, but the sighting rekindled visions of the legendary Sasquatch or Bigfoot. The sighting on Sunday along Highway 7, 35 miles east of Vancouver, occurred as a Pacific Stage Lines bus driven by Pat Lindquist was westbound a mile east of Lake Erroch on the Harrison Hot Springs-to-Vancouver run.
The passengers and Lindquist caught, ahead of the bus, a glimpse of something they all described as a seven-foot-tall beast of about 300 pounds with dark brown to black fur or hair and a light-colored face. “At first we thought it was a prankster in a fur suit,” said Lindquist, 28 a reserve Vancouver city policeman. “But people were shouting “what is it, what is it’, so I slammed on the brakes to have a look.”
Royal Canadian Mounted Police described Lindquist as “very nervous and pale” whey they arrived on the scene. “The first thing I noticed was the smell,” Lindquist said later. He called it “a horrible smell like very rotten meat. The bush was thick, and I was pushing the branches apart when I saw it about 20 or 25 feet away. I just couldn’t believe it.
“At first I was mad. But then I went to awe and then to fright and I began to shake. I couldn’t stop shaking and then I got out of there.” The smell has been a common element in the reports from numerous people who claim to have been close to the Sasquatch, also known as Bigfoot. Lindquist, who is 6-foot-2, said the thing before him was no more than seven feet tall, only “much heavier than I am.” “It had flat, flared nostrils like a monkey and large, wide eyes. It didn’t make any sound except heavy breathing. It had a broad chest and it was heaving up and down. “It could have taken two steps and grabbed me, but it didn’t do anything. It didn’t growl. It didn’t show its teeth. It just looked at me.”

Attachments:
65567627_838961069823468_3375019901453336576_n.jpg
65567627_838961069823468_3375019901453336576_n.jpg [ 109.26 KiB | Viewed 121 times ]
 Profile Personal album