Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) El Dorado County
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:54 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 1055 (Class A)
Submitted by witness R. A. on Tuesday, January 02, 2001. Two hikers have morning sighting in the Desolation Wilderness

YEAR: 1993

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: April

STATE: California

COUNTY: El Dorado County

LOCATION DETAILS: The north end of Aloha Lake in Desolation Wilderness

NEAREST TOWN: Twin Bridges

NEAREST ROAD: Highway 50

OBSERVED: First I would like to say that I'm very reluctant to tell this to anyone. I didn't report this because I thought the park service would think we were nuts, and I new of no other source that would take it seriously. I also didn't think the location of my sighting was one where other sightings had accrued until I used your sightings map.
It was April 1993 when I went hiking in Desolation Wilderness with two of my friends for a bachelor weekend. We started out at the Horse Shoe Falls trailhead at Twin Bridges off of HW50 and hiked up to Lake Aloha. It was very hot going up the falls so we were very surprised to se all the snow at the top (that year we had some late snowstorms). We were disappointed because the lake still had a lot of ice on it, but not enough to walk on. We tried to walk around the lake but the deep snow and steep sides male it unappeasable.
We set up camp at the south end of the lake 200 yards west of the trail near a picnic bench. We were the only ones up there that fare in except some one that went up the southern slope of eastern mountain. There was no other tracks going around the lake and to my knowledge the back way in was to far to hike in those conditions.
Trevor and I woke up early (near sun up) to try to fish in one of the unfrozen spots near the bank, but it had frozen over that night. We were looking over the lake when we noticed some one on the other side of the lake walking around. We watched him because we didn't think there was a way around the lake and were curious how he got there.
That's when it walked by the picnic table across the lake and we noticed that it was a lot larger than we were judging were the table came to on it's leg compared to were our picnic table came to on us (I'm 6ft and Trevor is 6.1ft). That's when we got out the binoculars and took a better look. We couldn't ses any detail of its face but its whole body looked dark brown to black.
We were arguing about what we were looking at because we didn't want to believe what were looking at. At first we thought it was a bear but it walk to well on its back feet. We thought it was a hiker but it was not quite walking like a man (judging the long strides by the bench, we could not walk like that comfortley) and how easily it moved across the snow.
We went over to the tent to wake up Rob and show him but by the time we got back, he was gone. About 15min. later a lone hiker came down the southern slope of the eastern mountain into our camp and we asked him if he saw any thing on the other side of the lake and he said he watched some thing walking near the lake and then leave out through the north west side. We asked him if he saw any way we could get to that side and he said he could not see a way over. We told him about what we saw and he noticed the same thing (but not the same detail) we did.
The sighting was about 10 minutes or so, and has left us a lot to think about. I don't know if it was a Big Foot or not, but after watching the famous video of the Big Foot walking, I noticed that that's the strange way we saw the "thing" moving.

OTHER WITNESSES: 3

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 6am aprox. On a clear day.

ENVIRONMENT: High Alpine, lake side in the snow.

Follow-up investigation report:

I talked with both the witness by phone. The following details can be added:
--the old, rustic benches mentioned are no longer present, but were there in 1993;
--they stayed in the area for two days and felt like they were being watched during that time;
--estimated height was 6'6" to 7' tall;
--body: no neck, very strong upper body, walked hunched over, arms looked long to the body and swung like an ape's;
--the color of the hair was the same from head to toe;
--the creature was moving from left to right, down to the edge of the lake when it saw the hikers on the other side of lake. It stopped and looked at them for a few minutes, then moved off; and
--it was fast and moved across the landscape with ease.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:55 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 2121 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, June 30, 1995. Lake Tahoe sighting by a motorist

YEAR: 1986

SEASON: Summer

LOCATION DETAILS: On Highway 50, 30 miles west of Lake Tahoe.

OBSERVED: My name is (omitted), I've been keeping this secret since around 1986 and didn't know who I could tell without sounding like a nut, but it's been bothering me, and I hope you are the appropriate person to contact regarding this matter.

Here is what my wife and I saw.

During the late summer of 1986 my wife Mary and I were driving east on highway 50 heading toward Lake Tahoe at about 11:30 p.m. We were about 25 to 30 miles west of Lake Tahoe when we approached an S-curve.

As we made a right turn, the road curved toward a mountainside and then turned away to the left. While making the right turn however, our headlights were facing the side of a hill and something else, we were not prepared for.

About 40 yards directly in front of us, we saw a huge hairy man-like creature walking along the side of this hill at the roadside. Our headlights were directly on it and there was no mistaking what we saw at that distance, as we made the left turn away from the hill the thing disappeared in the darkness.

My wife and I stared off ahead, and as we drove a short distance, both turned to look at each other and we said, "Did you see that?" I knew I hadn't imagined it, because she saw it too.

Now the problem was who we could tell without sounding crazy, so we never told a soul, but I've been searching for the right person to tell because it's been eating at me for all these years, I hope you are the person I've been seeking.

Thank you in advance, and by the way, just so there is no question about my sanity, I am a sworn peace officer for the state of California, and just telling you this could ruin my reputation and make me the butt of jokes for the next ten years.

- Name Withheld by Request

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:56 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 6746 (Class A)
Submitted by witness J. B. on Tuesday, August 12, 2003. Man has sighting after massive landslide on Highway 50

YEAR: 1983

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: January

DATE: 1

NEAREST TOWN: Meyers

NEAREST ROAD: Highway 50

OBSERVED: I think the year was 83 or 84. That year there was a huge mudslide on the south (River) side of Highway 50. I remember because we had to turn around, go back up around Tahoe, and take Highway 80 back to the Bay Area. We were among the first to the slide area, and got out of our truck to look. It was early evening, and I saw a huge, bi-pedal creature on the slide side of the river. It was on the Tahoe (east) side of the slide, as were we. It was high on the hill, and appeared to also be regarding the slide. I saw it for about 15 seconds, when it ambled up the hill and out of sight.

I have seen many bear, and this was no bear. A bear might rear up, but aside from circus bears, none will walk that way for any length. Even circus bears have an ungainly walk when trying to go on 2 legs. The motion of this creature was much smoother.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 4:00 p.m.

Follow-up investigation report:

The witness added the additional information to the report:

--Witness believed it was a Sunday.
--He could not tell the gender of the animal.
--Sighting occurred from about 200 yards away.
--Creature was dark in color, almost black.
--Creature seemed to be leaning on a small tree, as the terrain was steep.
--For the duration of the sighting, it never came down to all fours; it stood, and then walked up and away.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:58 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 4790 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Tracie Q. on Friday, August 09, 2002. Family finds large footprints and hears strange sounds near Pollock Pines

YEAR: 1976-77

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: August

LOCATION DETAILS: I just know the first time was towards Plum Creek, which is still marked on our map. The second time was off a logging road deep in the El Dorado Mountains towards Grizzly Flats

NEAREST TOWN: Pollock Pines

NEAREST ROAD: Sly Park Road

OBSERVED: Hello my name is Tracie Q., and I am 35 yrs. old. It has been over 25 years, back in the late seventy's, and my family and I can still remember, to this day, what we saw and heard during our motorcycle outings in the mountains. At one time, we use to have a cabin off of Sly Park Road in the Pollock Pines area, and we would ride our dirt bikes at least 50 miles a day never coming across the same logging trail twice.

Well, the first time, we were on the trail walking, instead of using the bikes, towards plum creek. My cousins and my sister kept hearing things around us, and I remember my parents saying it was nothing just enjoy the walk. We all would hear branches breaking, and things that a child, at that time, would think to be very scary. Well, this time, we came across a large tree which had fallen within the last few months. This is where myself and my family, still to this day, give Robin my oldest sister hell. Our parents were behind us and my Sister, being a smart ass goes up to look at this jelly like substance. She puts her finger in it, and tasted it. Well, it was not jelly, but blood, and this is what makes this about bigfoot. Just on the other side of this log, my parents who had just ran up to see what we were all talking about, found this large, and I do mean a large foot print. We realized we were looking at something that was made by a large animal/human. My Uncle who is a big man, he put his boot next to it, and the size of it made his foot look like a kids footprint. If I remember right, they were saying it had to be over size 16. This was a fresh footprint and the blood was still wet, and all I can remember, was that we all started back towards the cabin like there was no tomorrow. Now we can't say that the blood was from bigfoot, but I know there was a large footprint.

There was more than one time we came across something strange like that. Another time, I remember we were all on the bikes, and this time, we were either coming from or going towards the old ranger station that was located on the top of the mountain. Where you were are able to climb the stairs to the top, which was over 3 or 4 stories high. Anyway, I want to say this was towards Grizzly Flats. I kept all of the old maps so that I could share the places we went with my kids one day. Well, there was a little snow left on the grounds that day, and we were taking a rest. My Mom has a thing for being the first one to step in fresh snow, so she goes off doing her thing, and all of a sudden she starts calling my Dad, not yelling, but you can hear it in her voice to get the hell over to her now. When every body arrived at her location, there was this huge print, and it was human looking. The only thing about it was, that it only had one big toe. It was like it had all the others toes cut off, or just never grew them in the first place. This print wasn't as big as the first one that I had seen. I think we saw them about a year or two apart, so it was not the same day or anything like that.

There were other times when we would be riding, and you could hear something like voices, but not voices if that makes since. My Uncle eventually sold the cabin and we stopped going up there. Now that I live here in the Sacramento area , I have driven back to Jenkins Lake area several times and find myself sitting and wondering about everything that my family and I had seen up there in the mountains. We never really told anyone about what happened, do to the fact that some people just plan don't believe. Well I could tell them to stick it, because we are not crazy. I know what we saw.

We also would come across some old mines up there, and while at some of those places, you could feel like something was watching you. I have tried to get back to Plum Creek, but a lot of the roads have been closed off. What a shame there were so many beautiful places that are tucked deep into those mountains west of Lake Tahoe. Well I feel kind of silly, but I just feel it was time to share these stories with others who believe. Please feel free to contact me. I could tell you in person and my Mom and Sisters would also, but Dad is no longer with us. He could have pointed the locations out on our old maps, just maybe my Mom can, but I can't say for sure. Thank you for taking time to read this.

ALSO NOTICED: Just what I have told you before.

OTHER WITNESSES: On the first occasion, mom, dad, two sisters, uncles, aunts, and cousins, were the witnesses, and we were all walking.

On the second occasion it was mom, dad, two sisters, two cousins, uncle and aunt, and we were riding dirt bikes through the mountains having fun.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: The first time was about mid afternoon, and the second time was late afternoon.

ENVIRONMENT: In the mountains, off of a dirt logging road. The second time was deep down by a creek, way off of a dirt road.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

On the evening of August 15, 2002, I got to talk with Tracie Q. who seemed very sincere and believable in her verbal rendition of her report. Tracie further stated that there are many old gold mines in the area and, at that time, there were a few squatters living on some of those old mining claims. These squatters would sic their dogs on them, and even try and run them off using their firearms.

Tracie has heard some of our bigfoot sounds on our website, and stated that the sounds she heard, when she was a young girl, sounded the same or similar. Also, the blood that her sister stuck her finger in was located on the log next to the large footprint, and she couldn't identify as to where it had come from, or what creature had left it behind.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:36 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 47165 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, November 25, 2014.
Two campers take photos of what they see in the trees in the El Dorado National Forest
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2014

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: Unknown

LOCATION DETAILS: It's easier to describe on the phone or in person.

NEAREST TOWN: Pollock Pines?

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 50

OBSERVED: I live in the "Bay Area" of California. My visual sighting is at the bottom of this report. I have photos of that I want to send. I enjoy hiking and camping on a regular basis year round. I have been considering submitting a report for my encounter over the last few months and finally I am doing it. My encounter happened about 4 months ago in July. My girlfriend and I were "dispersed camping" (which is where campers can legally set up a tent in the national forest for free for up to 14 days) in El Dorado National Forest off of Hwy 50, about 6 miles east of Bridal Veil Falls. We have a secluded spot we always return to on the bank of a 10-15 foot wide, 4-5 feet deep (at the deepest) river.

Some time in the night, probably 1-4 AM, my girlfriend woke me up saying she heard someone jumping into the river about 50 feet away, and it sounded like the person's legs were sloshing against the water the way it would sound if you were walking fast through thigh-deep water. Sure enough, a few seconds after she whispered this to me, I heard the noise too. She was accurate in her description of the sound. I guess my protective instincts kicked in because without hesitation I unzipped the tent with my large mag-light in hand, (the type police officers use) and stood outside my tent, spotlighting the river bank and the forest around us. I saw nothing, so I called out that there were people and please go the other way, still heard nothing. After that we didn't hear any more unusual sounds. What struck me as odd was, why would anyone be walking in FREEZING cold (likely glacier run-off) water in the dark morning hours, not anywhere near any trails, and not anywhere near any roads...? (We had to hike to this spot and it's a mile from our car, down a very steep heavily forested hillside full of underbrush, which is why this spot was so hard to find and it was an accidental find, and why it stays secluded.)

It had me pondering for the last few months and even brought me to considering maybe it was a bigfoot because it sounded like two legs, not the way a bear would sound trudging through the water. Plus, there was nothing in the river I could see so whoever or whatever would've had to be farther than we thought and therefor very large to make sound seem so close...

The next morning we went for a long hike as it was our last day camping. We had just gotten back to the car when I looked back at the treeline we had just came out of a, sort of, for a last glance, I will miss you, type of look, and I saw what I first thought was a black bear in the very top (the literal tip) of a 60-70 foot pine tree, it was staying still but I could see it was wiggling a little, almost like it was positioning itself comfortably, and it looked like it was hugging the tree like a bear. But then I saw the second "bear" in the SAME spot as this one in a tree right next to it. At this point I'm about 500 feet from these things and the trees they were in. I was able to take many photos of these "bears" and I have them on my phone and will send them to anyone who wants to see. On closer inspection, these were not bears. I showed a few friends and family and they all see what I see, it appears there is a UNIFORM Jet Black sillouette of a large, lean human man. When you see these pictures you will get an off/odd feeling. I know they weren't bears and I know they weren't humans. I'm not sure what they were, but I know what they were not. After viewing them for about a minute my girlfriend began to get a bit worried they might come down, so we left. And we didn't talk about it much as she isn't interested in the subject. However I cannot forget this, or write it off.

ALSO NOTICED: Yes, I have had many strange occurrences in different parts of California.
I decided to call the us forest service and spoke to a woman answering phones for El Dorado national park, when I asked if anyone had reported anything in relation to bigfoot, she chuckled and said, "yes, but not at this low elevation."
I will never forgot the way she said that, and I can reply in my mind to this day.

OTHER WITNESSES: One, my girlfriend.

OTHER STORIES: Yes. From tv shows and movies, and my own experiences.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: First incident- calm clear and cold summer night.
Second, clear sunny day.

ENVIRONMENT: Mixed pine, white fir and cedar.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Mark Slatten:

This witness' first encounter was of the sound of a large creature walking upstream towards his tent at midnight. He interpreted the sound to be made by a two-footed animal, but the nature of the animal is unknown because he did not visually see what was in the water.

The following day he and his girlfriend witnessed two creatures near the tops of trees (one animal each in two adjacent trees) approximately 500 feet away. The top of one tree was snapped, although they did not see that action. The creatures were estimated to be 4 feet tall and about 100 pounds, they had neither visible ears nor snouts. The creatures were seen shimmying up to the highest part of each tree.

Here is a photo of some bears in a tree:

Attachment:
bears_in_trees.jpg
bears_in_trees.jpg [ 177.68 KiB | Viewed 1962 times ]

Witness took these photos and watched the animals for about 3 minutes. [Editors note: The BFRO is not stating that these are Bigfoots. We have received many photos of baby bears and porcupines in trees. Considering the area, the sounds they heard the night before, and the description of what the witnesses seen and attempted to capture in these photos - we thought the photos were interesting enough to share with the public.]

Attachment:
47165z.png
47165z.png [ 206.59 KiB | Viewed 1962 times ]
Attachment:
47165a.png
47165a.png [ 254.02 KiB | Viewed 1962 times ]
Attachment:
47165c.png
47165c.png [ 218.86 KiB | Viewed 1962 times ]
Attachment:
47165d.png
47165d.png [ 195.48 KiB | Viewed 1962 times ]
Attachment:
47165e.png
47165e.png [ 162.96 KiB | Viewed 1962 times ]
Attachment:
47165f.png
47165f.png [ 150.09 KiB | Viewed 1962 times ]

We have received many reports of Bigfoots in trees, especially small ones. We are often reminding the participants on our expeditions to look up.

About BFRO Investigator Mark Slatten:

Geologist with extensive experience in the field in the southwestern US.

Profile Personal album