Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: (BFRO) Columbia County
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:28 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 9204 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Monday, August 23, 2004. While scouting, hunter hears morning vocalization west of Scappoose

YEAR: 2004

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 6th

STATE: Oregon

COUNTY: Columbia County

LOCATION DETAILS: Dutch Canyon Road west of Scappoose.

NEAREST TOWN: Scappoose

NEAREST ROAD: Dutch Canyon Rd

OBSERVED: On the morning of August 6th, at approximately 6:30am, at a location off Dutch Canyon road in Scappoose, while pre-season scouting, I was observing several deer, 4 bucks and 2 does. While watching the deer for approximately 15 minutes, I watched all six deer look towards the east into a tree line about 1000 meters from my location and the location of the deer. Within 30 seconds of watching the deer look over a bellowing scream came out of the wood line. I knew exactly what it was from my prior reports from the Salmonberry area. In was on queue with the Ohio recordings. The scream started at a low tone and progressively and increasingly became louder until it became a loud type of moaning growl.

The deer at that point became intensely agitated, their tails went up and they took off heading west into an adjacent tree line about 300 meters from my location. They did not stop for anything or anybody. At that time, I focused my binoculars on the tree line that the scream came from and waited, and observed for almost 2 hours with no physical sighting. I have gone up several days now with nothing further to report. Being that the season opens up this coming weekend I will keep an eye on the area and animal behavior for anything out of the ordinary.

ALSO NOTICED: The way the deer were reacting to the situation (see Report)

OTHER WITNESSES: Just myself

OTHER STORIES: None that I have researched but there is one posted for the area in 2003

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Cloudy about 69 degrees with an approximate southerly wind of 5 to 10mph.

ENVIRONMENT: Some clear cuts with thick timber stands. Hilly with some steep draws. Plenty of forage and water from several creeks.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) Columbia County
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:28 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 7957 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, February 10, 2004. Two hunters hear repeated loud screams.

YEAR: 2003

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

DATE: 9th

LOCATION DETAILS: Vernonia Rd. to Clear Crk. Rd. to Columbia River Mainline. North to Rocky Pt. Rd. and West approx. 3/4 mile.
R5W- T4N
This is approx 3.5 miles north of Four Corners on Hwy 26.

NEAREST TOWN: Four Corners/ Hwy 26

NEAREST ROAD: Clear Crk. Rd.

OBSERVED: My partner and myself were elk hunting in the "Saddle Mountain Unit." It was approximately one hour after daylight. We were standing near our vehicle on a pullout off an old logging road trying to spot elk. I then heard a loud wailing scream tapering off into an agonizing moan. My partner just stood there looking into the canyon.I didn't speak to him. After another couple minutes passed, the scream occured again. I knew that he had heard it both times. I asked him what he thought it was. He asked what I thought it was. I told him that we both know it's a sasquatch. The sound was very loud. If I were to guess it was 250-300 yards away. Over the next ten minutes, the scream occured 2-3 more times. It seemed that the sound was directed to different directions the last couple screams. My hair was sticking up and it quite literally scared the hell out of me. No more screams were heard.(more to story)

ALSO NOTICED: About 10 minutes after the incident, me and my buddy (as well as the 3 other hunters) saw elk running about 1/4 mile from the screaming location. We all commented about how "spooked and confused" they appeared.

OTHER WITNESSES: Two, although other hunters we had talked to heard the screams while they were travelling in their pickup with the radio on!

OTHER STORIES: To the south of here, my ex father - in - law claims to have seen one in hunting season quite a few years back. He told me the story 20 years ago and still has a very vivid account of the sighting as it lasted quite a few minutes.
(please note that I am not sure of the exact location of his sighting but could be 15 miles from the screams I encountered).

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About an hour after daylight
Clear, calm , no wind

ENVIRONMENT: Clearcut bordered by a patch of timber and heavy jackfirs.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Dr. Wolf H. Fahrenbach:

The witness provided me with a most impressive imitation of the long, drawn-out vocalization, as it started in a low register and then rose to a scream and a peculiar wailing and moaning call. Despite the distance, he and his companion were impressed by the power and duration of the calls.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) Columbia County
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:33 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 59632 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, June 24, 2018.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Woman watches a sasquatch walk from her bathroom window near Vernonia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2018

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

DATE: 24

LOCATION DETAILS: [Location address removed by the investigator to preserve the privacy of the witness.]

NEAREST TOWN: Vernonia

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 47/Mist Dr

OBSERVED: I let my dog out at about 6 AM this morning, he usually stays out 1-2 hours but demanded back in immediately.

About 7:30 and there was the strong smell of sewage and I could hear branches breaking along the side of my home, nothing new as deer go by often. I didn’t think too much of it.

I got up and went to the bathroom as I was walking in I could see something and took a closer look. A large animal, blackish, walking upright going up the hill into the cemetery behind my home.

OTHER WITNESSES: No

OTHER STORIES: No

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 7:30 am

ENVIRONMENT: Across of the Nehalem River - Mix of wooded and farm property

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

I was able to talk to this witness the same day as her sighting. Her sighting was about 7:30AM, shortly after getting up. I talked with her later in the day, about 6:00 PM.

She got up to let her dog go outside to pee. The dog uncharacteristically came right back inside. She went back to bed. All the windows were open. Then, about 7:30AM, she smelled what she described as a “raw sewage smell”, which made her feel sick. Then she heard the sounds of sticks breaking as something was walking by. She went to the bathroom, which is on the NW corner of her house, and looked out the window that was facing west. She saw a brownish-black creature walking upright. It crossed-by her line of sight going north. It was 20 feet away, and from her vantage point she was able to see about 10 feet of its travel. She shifted position to the north window, and watched it walk up the slope to the cemetery north of her property. It walked past an old tombstone, and then through some berry bushes.

She remembers that it had a very blocky build, with square shoulders. As it walked, she viewed its right side, and then after shifting to the north window was watching it as it walked away.

Later, she went out and took some photos.

Here is one showing where the creature walked. On the right side is the west bathroom window.

She went to the tombstone, and standing next to it, it came to her waist. She is 5’6” tall, and in her estimation the creature was over 7 feet tall.

From the direction that it was traveling, it had come from the near-by Nehalem River. Looking at satellite photos of the area, I believe that the creature was headed towards the forest land east of the town.

Due to the combination of the dog’s behavior, which is commonly reported when sasquatches are near-by, the odor she described, and the good sighting, there is no-doubt that this witness was fortunate enough to view a sasquatch walking by.

About BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

Scott Taylor is an aerospace manager. He lives in Spanaway, Washington. He had his first bigfoot encounter in October 2005 where he smelled it, was followed and then heard vocalizations. He attended the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 BFRO Expeditions in the Washington Cascades, the 2007 BFRO Expedition in the central Oregon Cascades and the 2007 Utah Expedition in the Uintas and He attended the 2008 and 2009 Olympic Peninsula Expeditions and co-lead the 2013 Expedition.

Profile Personal album