Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BFRO Crittenden County
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:08 pm 
MABRC Organizational Member

Medals: 13
Quote:
BFRO Home Reports Database New Report Additions FAQs
Media Articles Hypotheses & Projects About the BFRO
Geographical Index > United States > Arkansas > Crittenden County > Report # 338

Report # 338 (Class B)
Submitted by witness B. on Friday, September 22, 2000.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loud screams menace hunters along Mississippi River around 4:00 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAR: 1983

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: October

STATE: Arkansas

COUNTY: Crittenden County

LOCATION DETAILS: 8th street landing behind the police shooting range. a boottom land behind the levee

NEAREST TOWN: West Memphis

NEAREST ROAD: 8th street

OBSERVED: The report, as written by the witness:

"hello

not sure if this report is worth anything but in the fall of 1983 me and may dad had made a hunting trip for turkey as we did every year. we got to the woods which border the mississippi river and parked it was bout 4.00am. we started toward the woods in pitch dark without flashlights
and as we got half way to the woods this god awful scream came out of no where. it was if what ever it was seemsd like it was just in front of us. my dad at the time was 68 yrs old and had been in the woods all of his life. he ha never shown fear in all of our years hunting but at that time he was visabally scared as i was. i wanted to turn and go back to the truck parked under a light next to the sun gas line terminal which was bout a 100 yard back. but then we heard the scream again. it seemed like a baby crying and woman screaming all together at the same time. well i could tell my dad wa scared and we made it tp the edge of the woods and we set tite till the sun came up. then we mooved down the woods for bout a 1/2 mile and heard the screams 3 more times it seemd like it was shadowing us down the bottom. well i saw my dad that day jump a 4 wire barbed wire fench and we got to the truck and we havent been back there since. which we always you to hunt turkey and run our beagles back there. cant say for sure what it was as we never saw any sign or tracks but my dad stated in all of his years in the woods he ha never heard such a sound. this happened in west memphis ark at the foot of 8th street landing"

ALSO NOTICED: it screamed at us til the last one was heard bout 6.30 and we got out and went to teh river bank to walk back to the truck

OTHER WITNESSES: me and my dad

OTHER STORIES: had heard rummors as a kid of some weird sighting
bout 5 miles down from this location

TIME AND CONDITIONS: pitch dark bout 4.00 am in the morning. chilly calm winds. a perfect hunting day

ENVIRONMENT: woods and swamp of river bottom

Post subject: Re: BFRO Crittenden County
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:09 pm 

Medals: 13
Quote:
BFRO Home Reports Database New Report Additions FAQs
Media Articles Hypotheses & Projects About the BFRO
Geographical Index > United States > Arkansas > Crittenden County > Report # 13983

Report # 13983 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, March 01, 2006.
Possible sighting by fisherman at Blue Lake

YEAR: 1980

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

DATE: don't remember

LOCATION DETAILS: Take I-40 west out of West Memphis, Arkansas. Exit I-40 south at highway 147. Take highway 147 south about ten miles. It runs parallel to the Mississippi River levee for several of those miles. Turn left off the highway on Blue Lake road. This road heads east for 2-3 miles, crosses the levee, then goes about another mile before reaching the lake. The land is all private property, and was sold out of my friends' family several years ago. I do not know who the current owners are.

NEAREST TOWN: Hughes, Arkansas

NEAREST ROAD: Highway 147

OBSERVED: In June, 1980, a friend and I were fishing in an ox-bow type lake adjacent to the Mississippi River in Crittenden County, Arkansas, near the town of Hughes, off highway 147. This is just across the river from Memphis, Tennessee, and the area was experiencing was the hottest summer on record at the time. It is heavily forested, running basically north and south along the river for many miles, and connecting with other river basins emptying into the Mississippi. My friends' family owned the land surrounding the lake, and theirs' was the only inhabited structure for at least a few miles in any direction. A small section of one end of the lake had a beach and was used by swimmers and picnicers during the day. The more distant areas were used only by occasional fisherman.
We were in a 16-foot boat a few yards off shore, trolling among the cypress trees in 8-10 feet of water for crappie using minnows as bait, using a quiet electric motor. It was near sundown, about 8:00 pm. but still light enough to see clearly.
The normal lake sounds of birds and insects were interrupted by a crashing noise on the near bank, which was covered in trees and undergrowth. We initially thought it was either a stray cow or another fisherman walking towards the water. We were staring into the undergrowth looking for the source of the sounds when a dark, but more or less human-shaped figure appeared between the foliage, 2-3 feet from the water's edge. It appeared to be covered in black hair and stood upright, facing us. We could only really see the upper torso and head because of the thick plant growth. It was difficult to judge the size for the same reason, but we guessed it was near the size of an adult human male or bigger.
It caught sight of us and stared for 2-3 seconds, before turning and running into the trees still on two legs, where we quickly lost sight of it. We heard no vocalizations nor did we smell any odor.
The whole episode lasted only 10-15 seconds. We had heard a few reports from others on the lake that summer of seeing large dark-colored animals. We had assumed them to be bears, which are occasionally seen there, and were reported to seek out the lake to cool off in the hottest years. Also, we had frequently heard howling sounds from the trees around the lake at night, while sitting on the porch of my friends home which sat about 75 yards from the water's edge in a clearing. We thought were from panthers or coyotes, but couldn't remember hearing similar sounds before or after that summer.

ALSO NOTICED: howling sounds, heard previously in the area, as noted in the narrative.

OTHER WITNESSES: 2 myself and my friend. We'd been fishing for an hour or two.

OTHER STORIES: only vaguely, as noted in the narrative. Nothing since that summer. I mover away from the area years ago.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 8:00 pm., clear, calm skies, still light enough to see clearly.

ENVIRONMENT: mixed cypress/pine forest wetlands, surrounding an ox-bow type lake, created when the Mississippi river changed course.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

I spoke with the witness by phone. He is currently a practicing surgeon. He describes the creature's hair as dark brown, almost black, and perhaps four to five centimeters long. "It was clearly hairy". He had no real view of the hands or feet. The creatures eyes he remembers as "proportional to the face", not overly large or small. The mouth he remembers as "more or less like a human's." He did not have any specific recollection of the appearance of the nose. The second witness is now deceased.

About BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

Tony Gerard is a community college biology professor.

Post subject: Re: BFRO Crittenden County
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:18 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 59736 (Class A)
Submitted by witness No last name or phone number on Sunday, July 22, 2018.
Motorists (father & son) close range, daylight, road crossing sighting along Mounds Rd. outside West Mephis
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2006

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

DATE: 17

NEAREST TOWN: West Memphis

NEAREST ROAD: Mounds Rd

OBSERVED: My encounter happened in June of 2006 outside of West Memphis, AR between 4:00 and 5:00 pm. My then seven-year-old son and I were driving in my truck one afternoon to go feed our horses which we kept at my cousins home who live about twenty-five miles outside of town.

We had decided to take a shortcut and get off of the paved county road and turn onto a small gravel road that ran beside a railroad track for about ten miles.

There is a large frozen food warehouse on the corner of the county road and the gravel road but nothing else around.

After we had passed the warehouse is when the creature leaped across the road in front of my truck. It happened very quickly. It cleared the road entirely in one leap and never touched the gravel road.

It came from my right to my left and I nearly hit the creature with my truck before I could stop. I came within approximately two feet of it with the front of my vehicle. As I said before it was in mid-air when we first saw it.

The creature appeared to be around four feet in height may be slightly taller and was covered in reddish-brown hair all over that was about four to six inches in length.

It was like hair not fur because it was thin and flowing in the wind unlike what fur would do.

The creature was lean and somewhat muscular and it's arms seemed to be disproportionately long for its size. If I had to compare it to something I would have to say it looked similar to an orangutan but I'm sure there were no orangutans on the loose that day in eastern Arkansas.

I'm not sure what it was but I am certain of what it was not. It was not a dog, coyote, deer, bear or anything that I've seen before except for some sort of ape.

My son said, "Dad did you see that?" I said, "Yeah I did son." He said, "What was that a monkey?" I laughingly said, in order to comfort him, "I don't know. It was either that or a baby bigfoot."

When the creature landed across the road there was some very tall grass for several feet and beyond that the train tracks and beyond that thousands of acres of farmland with several patches of woods everywhere.

When it hit the ground it took one step into the grass and then the creature just seemed to disappear. I stopped my vehicle and waited for a few minutes in hopes of seeing it again but we never did. And just like that, it was gone. It disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

For years now I have often thought about the incident and just exactly what it was that we saw that afternoon. I believe that it was a young sasquatch and it had been dumpster diving behind that frozen food warehouse, though I can't be certain.

I've often wondered if there was an adult one nearby that we never saw. Because of that, I'm really glad now that I didn't get out and pursue it which had crossed my mind to do at the time.

Well, that's my story and you can choose to believe me or not it makes no difference to me but I know what I saw and I can tell you that it's real, there really is some unknown bipedal creature or ape or whatever out there and we were just lucky enough to see one. They're real!

OTHER WITNESSES: Yes my son saw it too

OTHER STORIES: No

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm
It was nice and sunny that day

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Carter Buschardt:

Spoke with witness via phone. I got a few other pertinent facts from him for clarity and or questions people may have when reading the report.

He has replayed the event "a thousand times" in his mind and he, and his son, are certain of what they saw. He indicated he was 75-100 ft. past the warehouse when the creature leaped across the road. Came from right to left. They saw it about 3 seconds after passing the warehouse. It "came form nowhere" and was mid air when they saw it at the right front of truck.

As stated, it "cleared the road in one leap". The road is about 14-15 feet wide. He was driving about 35-40 mph.

The road is the type of country road where vehicles coming towards each other will veer to the right to give each other enough room to pass each other. At it's closest point to the truck was about 2 feet at the drivers side front fender. Once it hit the other side of the road, it took another step and disappeared into the brush.

The brush consisted of weeds and cat tails, about 4.5 to 5 ft.tall. His windows were down and he did not hear any thrashing or movement once it was in the brush. They did see it "split the grass", and then it was gone.

Length of sighting was 2-3 seconds, and "clear as a bell".

Description: Reddish brown as stated, with "fine hair, not real thick". Hair was "flowing in the wind" as it passed in front of the truck. Skin was "dark like a dogs nose" and the hair was "matted in places", but it was hair, not fur.

Other descriptions in his report are the same, muscular, 4-5 feet tall, upright on 2 legs. He clearly stated to me that an orangutan is the closest thing to what they saw. He felt it was a juvenile.

They sat there for a few moments, hoping to see it again, or possibly another one (adult?) trailing behind. Momentarily considered getting out and walking into the reeds and weeds, then decided to move on.

He and his son, now 19, discuss it form time to time. The still have unwavering opinion as to what they saw.

About BFRO Investigator Carter Buschardt:

Carter is originally from Texas & moved to Missouri in 1988. Professional drummer for 20 years. Lighting technician for major touring groups for several years. Experienced outdoorsman and was a trained investigator for MUFON. Studied Herpetology in college. Longtime special interest in Sasquatch long term habituation, burial research, infra sound, language & stick structures. BFRO Public Expeditions: 2010 Missouri, 2012 & 2013 Iowa. 2012 Illinois. Michigan 2016. Private Expeditions: Illinois 2011, 2012, 2013. Missouri 2011, 2012 (3) 2013(2) 2014. Iowa 2012, 2014 & 2015. Consulted on two Animal Planet Finding Bigfoot TV shows. Expedition leader in Missouri 2013 (1) & 2014 (2). Led night ops on numerous BFRO expeditions.

Profile Personal album