Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: (BFRO) Trigg County
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:35 pm 
MABRC Forum Moderator, MABRC Kansas State Director

Medals: 5
Quote:
Report # 12641 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, September 23, 2005. Mussel poachers have night time encounter near Lake Barkley (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 1996

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: October

STATE: Kentucky

COUNTY: Trigg County

NEAREST TOWN: GRAND RIVERS

NEAREST ROAD: THE TRACE HWY

OBSERVED: Me and a friend were near barkley lake late at night. We got way off in a place on a dirt road stopped for minute to smoke down by the water, barkley lake.

I was setting in the car talking looked up the road we came down and saw what looked like a big man walking down to where we were. I turned on my head lights to see what or who it was. It run off in the woods. Well, we sat a minute then a smell like a wet animal started to came in the car.

We heard a loud crashing comeing the woods and yelling screams. At that time a log came flying and hit my car. It moved my 1980 caddy it hit so hard. I started, the hit gas and was gone.

We came back the next day to look around the log was there it was so heavy we could no move it we walk over where it must have came from in the woods it was 40 yards away.

OTHER WITNESSES: 2 JUST TALKING

TIME AND CONDITIONS: LIGHT RAIN REDISH SKY 1:00AM

ENVIRONMENT: BOTTOM BY THE LAKE

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

The witness and his partner had been harvesting freshwater mussels by "toe digging" (feeling for the mussels with their feet) in a restricted area.

As they were setting in the car warming up and smoking they saw what they first though was a "big man" walking down the road toward them.

They watched for several seconds. The witness related "I thought it was the game warden and we were busted [for collecting mussels in a restricted area]. I thought 'let's just get this over with' and turned on the lights.

What the light revealed was large and hairy. "If you've ever seen 'Harry and the Hendersons' it was damn close".

The hair was reddish brown and appeared matted on the sides.
When they returned to recover their mussels the next day they estimated the creature's height from nearby trees. "It was every bit of eight feet". The log they assumed had been thrown was too heavy for them to move.

The witness described the vocalization as a "yawning holler". There were two or three vocalizations before the car was struck by the log.

Additional Comments by Matt Moneymaker:

Assuming this was an actual encounter with a sasquatch, it would be an example of intimidation behavior, rather than a precursor to an attack.

The fact that it occurred in a restricted area is important. Unprovoked encounters that happen in areas frequented by humans usually do not involve overt intimidation. This type of behavior seems to occur most often in areas where humans rarely venture.

About BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

Tony Gerard is a community college biology professor.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) Trigg County
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:36 pm 

Medals: 5
Quote:
Report # 13289 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Friday, December 16, 2005. Daytime sighting near Canton on State Route 164 (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2005

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: No

LOCATION DETAILS: It was on Kentucky State Route 164 between mile markers 3 and 4.

NEAREST TOWN: Canton

NEAREST ROAD: Kentucky State Route 164

OBSERVED: Part of my travel route to work is along Kentucky State Route 164 from Kentucky State Route 807 to U.S. Route 68 at Canton, KY in Trigg County. I was driving along jamming on the radio, but looking for deer. Deer are constantly running out in front of vehicles and causing accidents. So I try to stay alert for the deer. On this day I saw much more that I bargained for. There on the side of the road in the edge of the woods was a bigfoot. It was just standing there watching me drive by. It did not seem violent or mean spirited. It was at least 10 feet tall and covered with thick black hair. I've watched for it every since then and have yet to see it again.

ALSO NOTICED: No. It was totally unexpected as I was watching for deer.

OTHER WITNESSES: Not that I'm aware of.

OTHER STORIES: Not really.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Morning around 8:20 AM; it was a clear sunny day.

ENVIRONMENT: It is a heavily wooded creek bottom area. There is a bridge crossing the creek near by.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

I spoke with the witness by phone. The witness sighting was approximately thirty seconds in length and at about fifty feet distance. He slowed his car but did not stop. The creature was standing in the edge of the woods in a creek bottom area, and appeared to "rock gently as it stood there". The creature "looked just like a big old hairy man standing there- more like a human than a gorilla". The arms were long; the hands hung at knee length. The upper body appeared muscular, especially across the shoulders. The face had a distinct ridge above the eyes and the forehead was flattened and sloped upward, "like a Neanderthal man". No ears were visible. The creature did not have a distinct neck. The hair was "jet black", pretty much the same color over the entire body, and appears as though it could have been coarse textured.
This report is across Lake Barkley for an earlier report Report #12641

About BFRO Investigator Tony Gerard:

Tony Gerard is a community college biology professor.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:06 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 33322 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, February 13, 2012.
Nighttime sighting while leaving Lake Barkley State Park
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2010

MONTH: August

LOCATION DETAILS: From Cadiz, KY - follow 68 West heading towards Land Between the Lakes. Turn right on1489 to the Lake Barkley Resort and Marina. The incident took place about 2 miles up the KY-1489 road from the KY - 68

NEAREST TOWN: 2 miles

NEAREST ROAD: 1 mile away from the main highway

OBSERVED: My encounter took place while leaving the Lake Barkley Resort. My family and I were driving back toward the main road that leads to Cadiz, KY. I was going about 50 miles per hour when I saw a deer run across the road. I thought I saw a tree next to the road but it was running. It was taller then the top of my mini van and looked right at me, we passed it in about 3 seconds. I was not really sure what I saw so I turned around to see if it might have been a tree or something but there was nothing there. I remember afterwards that it was a large creature, with tanish/brown fur around 7 feet tall with an almost Neanderthal brow and flatish nose. It was hard to tell what color the fur was exactly since my headlights are tinted yellow. My son who was in the back seat also saw it and commented on it.
The animal was running upright along the edge of the road. it seemed to be chasing a deer that had run in front of our van literally seconds before. It kept pace with me for about 3 steps then dropped back. When I looked in the rear view mirror, it had run off.

ALSO NOTICED: It did seem to be chasing a deer that ran across the road prior to the sighting.

OTHER WITNESSES: 2 witnesses, my son and myself. I was driving, he was looking out the window.

OTHER STORIES: I have not heard of any other sightings before this but I am not surprised.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was after dark, around 8:00 or 9:00 pm but it was clear, no clouds or rain.

ENVIRONMENT: The area the sighting took place in was a heavily wooded area along the edge of the main road connecting the KY 68 to the Lake Barkley Resort and Marina.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Mary Ross:

The witness described the creature to be approximately 7 to 7.5 feet tall and 3 feet wide, stocky with matted medium brown hair. She first saw the deer break brush and run along side her vehicle quickly dashing in front of her van and across the road. She originally mistook the creature for a tree or bush, but realized the creature was chasing behind the deer. She said as it past right outside the drivers side window it seemed to have a surprised look in its eyes. The creature was so close to the vehicle she could have reached out and touched it. The creature did not cross in front of her after the deer and the encounter lasted a few seconds. She could no longer see it as soon as it was out of the headlights. Her husband was also in the vehicle but only her son saw it as well. I found the witness to be very forthcoming and genuine describing the sighting she and her son had that evening. She is originally from Washington State and possibly had an encounter with her Mother as a child.

The encounter took place not far from the Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, where there have been numerous sightings of Bigfoot and the Beast of LBL.

About BFRO Investigator Mary Ross:

Mary is originally from the Finger Lakes Region of Central New York and currently resides in Western KY. She has 10 years of military experience and loves the outdoors.
Expeditions attended - Georgia, Tennessee, Vancouver Island South,and Oklahoma Fall 2009. North Carolina, Georgia 2010; Georgia, Colorado 2011, 2012; North Carolina 2013 and several private outings.

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:25 am 

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 57777 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, June 28, 2017.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Early morning visitor forces couple to flee camp near Gilbertsville
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2017

MONTH: June

DATE: 28

NEAREST TOWN: Gilbertsville

NEAREST ROAD: Uncertain

OBSERVED: This is my Facebook post. Copied and pasted.

Occurrence was inside Land Between the Lakes National Forest, Hillman Ferry Campground at Campsite B 43.

Well. I made sure we secured the most backcountry spot where you can dump camp. I wanted away from loud people.

So it is empty and quiet; covered with plenty of trees.

So at about 4am, I wake up, instantly.

I ask my wife what's the matter.

She simply whispered she was scared.

I ask about what.

She said she heard noises out in the woods.

Now normally, I would ask her to go back to sleep, that there's nothing wrong.

But this time.

Suddenly, about maybe five or six owls start hooting. And they're going non stop, back to back. Then the coyotes begin howling with them. And then every bird wakes up and begins their story.

They go on continuously for about thirty seconds. Suddenly, they all stop. And so I know this is completely unusual.

Then we hear it.

Clump, Clump, Clump, Clump. Branches were breaking, wood was cracking with each step.

And I'm like okay, that's a biped. But a human, unless it was intentionally trying to be frightening, wouldn't be tromping around. And an adult would know and expect people to have firearms. Also, the terrain would be too difficult to simply decide to go for a stroll in the woods in the middle of the night, with no guarantee to meet somebody to scare. During the day, the forest is too dense for hunting. I know there are no bears, I know it's not a deer, or any other woodland creature that is common here.

So.

It keeps getting closer and closer. So I cough really loud. No change in its cadence. It sounded like how I would sound walking through the woods. Heavy and sweating, full of complaints. These steps were loud.

So I get out. The flashlight is in the truck. I go to the truck and rummage around for it. And I'm naked, carrying a knife in my mouth, searching through the vehicle. So I find it, and then start searching the treeline. I see nothing. But the steps stop.

So, I start up the vehicle and point it towards the woods. I turn on the high beams. Nothing.

I get out, turn off the lights. Start to head back to the tent, and then suddenly: Boom, boom, boom. It runs off. Tree limbs were breaking, trees were swaying. And I could hear it exhale as it ran. Sound like a combination of a boar and a man.

And so, if you're familiar with Land Between the Lakes, there's a huge dogman or big foot phenomenon here. Tons of stories on YouTube about here. So I don't know. We both experienced it.

Pretty crazy.

ALSO NOTICED: I am very skilled in outdoors activities, and I have plenty of experience in the backcountry. I am a retired Marine, and have extensive hunting and tracking experience. This was unlike anything I've ever encountered in the bush.

OTHER STORIES: This place is famous for a werewolf like creature or bigfoot type creature. After last night, I began researching it, and there are countless stories.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Night. 4 am. Poor natural lighting. Used vehicle lights and flashlight.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Jack Smarr:

I spoke to the witness over the phone. He stated that he was camping in a remote section of the camping area at Land Between the Lakes in Western Kentucky. It was mid-week and no other campers were present. Their camp was located near a fish cleaning station and the dumpster area.

On the first night of camping, he noticed that something hard hit his truck. He heard the metallic clang and brushed it off as a possible walnut falling. Then he heard some sticks falling in the woods. Again, he knew that branches fall out of trees all of the time and he did not think any more about it. On the second night, the couple was up late after talking to relatives in Russia. They were just talking softly and settling down to go to sleep.

Suddenly his wife roused him and said she heard something moving outside in the forest. They heard something come crashing downhill through the forest. It made loud crashing sounds as it ran through the brush. The witness jumped up and went outside to check with his flashlight. He thought it sounded bipedal and quickly eliminated the idea of it being a deer or a bear. As he scanned the forest with his light, all became quiet. It was then that he described that he heard the sound of two exhales, almost like a sigh.

Just as suddenly, the thing crashed back uphill through the woods making the same amount of ruckus as when it came down. I asked him if it cleared the woods or if he ever caught a glimpse of it. Although the woods opened up at the bottom toward the campground, it never came out of the thicker brush. He further describes the sounds as an exhalation of breaths “like you would hear from a large animal like a horse”.

The couple immediately began breaking down camp and tossing their gear into the car. As it was beginning to get daylight, he noted that branches and sticks were broken five to six feet off the ground at the edge of the woods where he guessed it came down about eighty feet from his tent. Furthermore, there were two slide marks where it suddenly came to a halt and slid sideways. He described the slide marks like two “tire- like” skids in the mud although you could see the marks were made by bare feet. Upon leaving; they circled through the camp ground and verified that there were no other campers present; only empty RV’s that were parked waiting for their weekend owners.

As they were leaving the area, they stopped to talk to one of the volunteer campers further away. They told him, without going into much detail, that they had been spooked last night and were cutting their trip short. The volunteer just laughed and said, “Well, they do say that strange things happen up here sometimes”.

About BFRO Investigator Jack Smarr:

Jack Smarr is retired military and worked primarily in Field Artillery, Armored Cavalry and Armor units. He participated in TN 09,10,11,WV 2012 expeditions; and helped organize KY 2013 expedition. He organized the 2014 KY Daniel Boone Expedition, the 2015 Central Kentucky Expedition, the 2016 Carter Caves State Park Expedition, Northeastern Kentucky 2017, Kentucky 2018 and has conducted private expeditions in Eastern Kentucky and Southern Ohio

Profile Personal album