Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: (BFRO) Riverside County
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:34 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 24936 (Class A)
Submitted by witness Brian on Thursday, October 23, 2008. Man remembers observing a large creature in a desert setting as he left his residence north of Palm Springs

YEAR: 1979

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

DATE: n/a

STATE: California

COUNTY: Riverside County

LOCATION DETAILS: It was at the desert Hot Springs condominium complex approx.10 miles north of Palm Springs

NEAREST TOWN: Desert Hot Springs, CA.

NEAREST ROAD: Indian Avenue

OBSERVED: Was going back to close shop at approx. 10PM in the northern desert above Palm Springs, CA., and saw a huge light tan colored biped with soft blowing hair .Because I was in a small VW bug with the light pointing down into the street upon leaving the driveway facing out into the desert.

I froze there with my dim headlight on it and it too froze there completely still,. I flashed my worthless high beams at it and it took 2 giant steps backwards and then one to my left, it's right and was gone into the dark. I was overcome with severe fear, panic and anxiety, and had to return home again.

I was armed with a .45 at the time and was still worried that if I shot it I would be in real trouble. Enormous, with the chest the size of a refrigerator. arms that hung below the knees and were still huge. I did not speak with anyone about it right away because who ever heard of a desert Bigfoot, But later found out that all the locals call him, "Yucca Man".

ALSO NOTICED: I went out the next day, armed, for a 'walk' out there and you coudn't tell a footprint for your life out there.

OTHER WITNESSES: A girl friend who could not dig her glasses out in time to see it.

OTHER STORIES: I heard it terrorizes the marines at 29 Palms base.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 10PM approx.

ENVIRONMENT: Desert, almost completely isolated community.

A & G References: Southern California DeLorme Atlas Page 107, Index of A- 4

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

I called Brian and we went over his short visual encounter of a very large hairy creature he observed on the north side of this remote desert hot springs condominium located on Indian Avenue, north of Hwy. 10. At the time of the sighting, that area around his condo was just plain desert and remote with no other buildings or homes in that area. There is not a lot to add to this story.

The location of that condominium complex is located about 10 miles east of the San Bernardino Mountains and the Morongo Indian Reservation; about 7 miles northeast of the San Jacinto Mountains; about 7 miles to the east is the Joshua Tree National Monument; a few miles to the north are some lower desert mountains and the 29 palms area; to the south is the town of Palm Springs; and a little further south are the Santa Rosa Mountains.

As his headlights crossed this desert area that is located on the north side of his condo complex, this creature seemed to step out from behind a yucca tree that was located approximately 150 ft away from him and his vehicle's headlights, which were on low beams at that time. He immediately switched them over to high beams so he would be able to see this strange creature just a little better. But no, he still couldn't' see the complete creature due to the poor lighting system on his vehicle, and the height of this creature.

The creature then froze for a second, and as the headlight beams were changed this creature then took two quick steps backward and one to its right, which put it completely in the dark and out of sight of the weak headlight beams. What he did, or didn't see during this very short sighting time, was that he couldn't see above its chest area. But what he did see were two very large legs that looked like tree trunks and two very large arms and hands that seemed to extend below its knees. It had a chest that looked liked a large refrigerator that had 2 - 3" hair all over its legs, body and arms. He didn't see any mammary glands on its chest and the color of this creature seemed to be a light, sandy brown color.

Witness stated that at the time he was filled with absolute terror and fright, plus he was completely shook-up during this very short sighting period. The witness stated the he was a Vietnam veteran, and he could not understand why seeing something like this could shake him up so much.

The witness seemed to be very credible in his rendition of what took place back in 1979 during his encounter. I believe that Brian saw a large creature from the shoulders down for a very short time, and it still bothers him because of the effects that occurred to him during that sighting. The next day this witness stepped off 50 large steps between his vehicle and where the creature was seen, but he couldn't see any footprints or anything else that might have been of value. What is interesting is the fact that this creature was seen in a total desert location; even though there are mountainous areas within a few miles of this location.

About BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

* Four years in the United States Navy, 1955-1959 (Combat Air Crewman on P4M Mercator Patrol Aircraft)
* 37 years in the aerospace industry: 33 years with General Electric at Edwards AFB; More than 5 years with the Northrop Grumman Corp. at Edwards AFB (Flight Line Mechanic on the B-2 Bomber).
* During 20 of those years at Edwards he was a Reserve Deputy Sheriff for the County of Los Angeles.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) Riverside County
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:34 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 24644 (Class B)
Submitted by witness D.N. on Sunday, August 31, 2008. Large bipedal footsteps heard at a campground on Marion Mountain several hours before sunup

YEAR: 2008

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: Sunday Morning, 24

NEAREST TOWN: Idyllwild, CA

NEAREST ROAD: highway 243

OBSERVED: I was camping with my wife and friends from the 23rd to the 24th of August, 2008. My wife and I shared a campsite and our friends shared a campsite, with 2 tents, on a second campsite about 50ft. away from us. I had drank no alcohol before going to bed so I slept fairly lightly.

I awoke at 4:50am. Just as I awoke, I heard a loud sound that seemed to me to be someone hitting a treetrunk with a large branch. I lifted my head in the tent and looked around for any light sources and saw none. I also heard no voices. I was intrigued enough to continue listening. Our closest neighbor had a Dachsund and the next closest had two larger dogs that were tied up outside their tent. Once I heard the first loud sound the outside dogs started moving around but didn't bark. They made some moaning sounds but that's all.

From what I could tell, as far as sounds, something or someone walked through the campground from lower to higher through a ravine. It had very heavy footsteps. It sounded like it broke fairly large branches on the ground. Once it crossed the campground's asphalt, the neighboring dogs started crying, whimpering and moaning. I then heard what sounded like a rock or something similar, being thrown against a tree near our tent and falling to the ground. Right at the crescendo of the crunching branches I decided to get up and unzip our tent window and at the same time the tent of the owners of the dogs opened and a woman came out and grabbed the dogs to quiet them down. That was the last I heard of the crunching, footstep sounds. Also, there had been crickets making noise all night until this event. Once this started, the cricket noise reduced to only crickets at a great distance. By the end of the incident there were no forest sounds at all.

The next morning, we walked over to the ravine that I thought I had heard the biped walking through and found no footprints due to the extremely dry ground. I spoke to a family right next to the ravine and they had heard nothing that night but had heard footsteps the night before. The husband/father is a hunter and told me that he had seen bears 2 or 3 times in the past in those mountains but had never seen them down in the campgrounds in that area.

Mountain lions are fairly common in those mountains, but what I heard seemed to be heavier than a mountain lion. Plus, whatever animal I heard sounded like it had two feet as opposed to four.

I later found out that one of our friends had heard footsteps around his tent at about 4am. He thought it was our other two friends, camping with us, playing a joke on him.

ALSO NOTICED: None

OTHER WITNESSES: One other possible witness to sounds.

OTHER STORIES: I believe I read of an incident in the hills near Lake Hemet which is in the vicinity.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 4:50am, Clear Sky, No Lights In Campground.

ENVIRONMENT: Pine forest campground. Somewhat primitive.

A & G References: Southern California DeLorme Atlas, Page # 106, Index of B-2/3

On the evening of the 9th of September, 2008 D.N. called me and we went over his recent report in which the witness seemed credible and believable in his rendition. During this incident, the witness didn’t want to wake his wife up, because she would have freaked out, and probably caused them to leave the area.

I did ask a couple of questions that were not clarified in the report: First, did you smell anything out of the ordinary? “No” Second, did you just hear the bipedal footsteps, and or did you also feel anything that came through the ground? The witness just stated that he only heard the bipedal footsteps, and he never felt anything, probably because he and the wife were on an air mattress. Also asked if he had any strange feelings while this possible creature was in the area? He did state; that he believed this thing stayed in the area for at least one hour, because of how the dogs in the camping area were acting, and how long the crickets were quiet. The witness did stay awake until the sun came up!

The closest the footsteps got to his tent was about 40 to 50 yards away. Per DN, his friends had something similar happen to them one or two mornings later around 4 AM, same campground.

This incident is consistent with other late night or early morning campground encounters with this creature. Also of note, besides the Lake Hemet incident; which is about 9 miles south of this campground, there was recently a sighting in a trailer park located on the south-eastern side of the Yucaipa area, which is about 25 miles as a crow flies and 30 miles thru the mountains.

* Four years in the United States Navy, 1955-1959 (Combat Air Crewman on P4M Mercator Patrol Aircraft)
* 37 years in the aerospace industry: 33 years with General Electric at Edwards AFB; More than 5 years with the Northrop Grumman Corp. at Edwards AFB (Flight Line Mechanic on the B-2 Bomber).
* During 20 of those years at Edwards he was a Reserve Deputy Sheriff for the County of Los Angeles.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:35 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 24137 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Z.M. on Tuesday, July 08, 2008. Young couple encounter something large on Lake Hemet

YEAR: 2000

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: November

DATE: 16th

LOCATION DETAILS: About a mile down Hemet Lake Road near the picnic area North Shore Hemet Lake.

NEAREST TOWN: Moutain Center

NEAREST ROAD: Off Hwy74, Hemet Lake Road.

OBSERVED: My girlfriend and I where on vacation in Idyllwild for the week and wanted to hike up to Lily Rock to the fire lookout cabin, but we couldn't get to the main trail head due to my girlfriends fear of driving without chains up a black ice covered road, so we stuck around Hemet Lake for hiking and trout fishing due to the factor that the main roads were more recently snow plowed and grinded red lava rock laid for more traction.

Plus, I had lived in Mountain Center a few miles north of Hemet Lake, so I was pretty familiar with the area and its wild life inhabitants. I've been Hiking, fishing, hunting, rock hounding, and Prospecting in just about all of California for the last 20 years, from the Cascades to Azusa Canyon.

On one of the nights, I think it was the 16th of November; we wanted to go on a night walk around Hemet Lake since the whole city of Idyllwild goes to bed at 8pm and it was about 10:30 at night, so we drove the 8 mile drive from our hotel to the lake. We arrived at the lake at about 11pm and sat on the car next to some big green trash bins about 150 feet or so from the lake; when we heard something 400 feet or so breaking branches in a canyon to our backs. It sounded big and didn't seem to care if it was heard coming down the slope, so I assumed it was just a big black bear until the smell. The only way I could describe it was a dying wet dog.

A feeling of discomfort came over us both as we saw nor heard any more of what we assumed to be a big black bear coming down the canyon, meaning whatever came down the canyon was hiding in the tree line 300 feet or so away from where we sat. I got a chill up my spine and had that feeling that we shouldn't be here right now. We got in the car and left to come back just under a hour later hoping what ever it was would be gone, so we could try to finally go on our late night lake walk.

We pulled up and backed into to the same spot as before to notice that one of the green trash bins had been pushed over towards the lake, and that there was a 2 foot wide 4 inch deep circular dent like something big had punched it. There was no paint smear like a car had hit it. It was and had been dead quite other than the unknown thing that came down the canyon about an hour before.

I had no idea what could have done that to a big steel trash bin and for years until Google Earth Mapping of Bigfoot. I saw that there had been sightings, calls, and smells reported in the surrounding area, and came to the conclusion that might make more sense being a believer in crypto zoology. I didn't check for tracks or any other signs due to the lack of info at the time, or I would have.

ALSO NOTICED: Not that I'm aware of.

OTHER WITNESSES: My Girlfriend at the time S. McD. a PreVet Major at Cal Poly Pomona. Sitting on the hood of her car and admiring the lake with me

OTHER STORIES: Yes, a staff member named Jeff at Morning Sky(Camp for troubled youth near Mountain Center) back in 1994 spoke of a time while hiking near Pine Cove Where he had heard strage Whopping like cries not native to the area. I don't think he thought was Bigfoot but he did think it was really out of the ordinary. At the time reports of that area were common but were not well known to most people. I remember Jeff was avid hunter, fisherman, and hiker so he knows the average local mountain animals and their calls.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 11pm-Midnight Clear Night half moon+starlight.

ENVIRONMENT: There were 2 trash bins about 30' to the south of our car facing the lake and some pinic tables to the our east flank 50' or 60' away. The lake was about a good 150' to 200' away from our car with a pine tree filled moutain slope to our backs about 300' away.

On the afternoon of 16 July 2008 Z.M. called me, and we went over his report that he and his girlfriend experienced at Lake Hemet, California, about eight years ago. The witness was credible and believable in the rendition of his report. At the time of this experience, neither witness thought about whatever it was as being a possible Sasquatch, but more like a bear.

Some of the things that I thought might be important in this report are the following; just what kind of feelings did they have and when, and just what was it that you smelled and how potent was it? Also, what kind of trash was in that trash bin, and just how large was the bin that was knocked over?

What started this episode was the noise that this creature was making while it was heading down the mountain towards the parking area where the witness and the trash bins were located. It was moving rocks and small boulders, and braking tree and brush limbs in a very defiant manner as it moved on down the mountain. As soon as it reached the area where the trees were no longer hiding it, which was about 300 ft away from the witness' location, it stopped, and everything got real quiet. That is when they believed whatever it was had to have seen them, and that’s when the feelings of being watched hit them both hard. The smell hit them a few seconds later. This smell was something like a dead wet dog, but as they breathed it in, the smell choked them up, and they knew at that moment that they had to leave this place now!

On there return trip about an hour or so later, and parking at the same location, they both observed one of those large trash bins, about the size of a jeep or a small pickup, that was knocked over with a large dent in its side. Some of the contents were laying around. What the witness thought was in this trash bin were what the grounds-keeping people had put in there. He didn’t see anything that he would call human trash like food containers and such, but only tree and bush clippings plus many pine cones. Also, the trash bins didn’t stink as most bins normally do.

What this witness described, has a lot of the trappings of a Sasquatch, by what took place and what was observed by this witness. He now believes it was a Sasquatch. This place might have some bears, but even if it was a bear, they just do not grow them very large in this part of California now, especially as to what this witness described this creature was doing and able to do.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:35 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 5253 (Class B)
Submitted by witness Bob M. on Wednesday, November 06, 2002. Backpackers have an early morning sound encounter with an unknown creature

YEAR: 1990

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: June

LOCATION DETAILS: I,m sorry , it has been 12 years. I remember it was in the Dutchmans flats area near Idyllwild. We were camped maybe a mile off one of the trail heads.

NEAREST TOWN: Dutchmans flats area by Idyllwild California.

NEAREST ROAD: Not sure of the road.

OBSERVED: This is a late report, but however, it is a valid one. What prompted this report is the fact that I now currently reside in Snohomish County Washington and just read about local sightings in my area, surprised at the number of reports. I used to live in Orange County California, and an old girlfriend of mine and I, were camping up in Dutchman’s Flats area, near Idyllwild. We were out-packing, not in a campground.

We were awakened by screams that resembled the sound of a pack of coyotes that had just made a kill right outside of our tent. The screams however had a bit of a deeper tone than a coyote. At the time that is what we thought it was, so we stayed quiet not wanting to interrupt a wild animals meal. The screams and screeches continued for what seemed like an hour, but was probably about 5 or 10 minutes. The screams stopped, but we could hear what sounded like heavy footsteps right outside the door to our tent. We could hear sniffing sounds, and heavy breathing sounds. That is when I got really scared. I know a coyote does not step like a 300+ pound man in combat boots.

I was too scared to even turn on my flashlight, and take a look. (Thinking maybe a bear had just run off what we thought were coyotes). We stayed up, paralyzed all night with fear until the sun came up. Even then there was still a dead silence. No birds, no crickets, nothing. I was still scared to go outside, but did.

I could see that something was in our camp, due to the scattering of pine needles and dirt around our tent. But there was no sign of a coyote kill, like no blood or fur laying around. What I did see was a pair of big deep footprints going away from our site down into a deeply wooded ravine. The thing, what ever it was, walked upright, and had a 3 to 4 foot gait. I followed the steps for a few yards down into the ravine while my girlfriend watched. It was still deathly quiet and I had a very eerie feeling that I was being watched. The footprints led right into a thicket and I could see it was a wide path left by whatever it was. I turned and ran back up the hill, packed our stuff up in a big hurry and left.

At that time I was in my early 20's. I am in my late 30's now and take my wife and kids camping all the time up here in Washington, but I do it with a new respect for nature now.

ALSO NOTICED: We did not notice any foul smells like I have read about.

OTHER WITNESSES: Only myself and my girlfriend at the time.

OTHER STORIES: I have heard of incidents in the Barton Flats area.Mostly what I have read in your website confirms 12 years later, that what we heard and the prints we saw , were experienced by others during the same time period, in the same surrounding area.That is why I submitted this report. We have had sightings where I currently live in Washington, a mile from my house. Trust me , my eyes are wide open when I am hiking and fishing now.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: The action occured sometime during the very early a.m. It was pitch dark coming into sunrise.

ENVIRONMENT: We were on the edge of the mountain so there were some rock formations. We were camped on a flat surrounded by pine forest with slope into a dark ravine .

On the afternoon of the 25th of November 2002, I talked with Bob M. about his and his girlfriend’s strange sound encounter in a mountainous area of Riverside County.

Bob and his girlfriend were plenty scared, as they heard what he described as the sounds of a possible three hundred pound coyote, and the vocal and physical confrontation that he thought was taking place outside of his tent. He then squeezed in the statement that he never left his tent until that next morning, and in so doing, when he had to take a leak, he used an inside corner of his tent. Early that next morning Bob grabbed his buck knife and slowly exited the tent. He did not find any blood or fur in or around his camping area as expected, but he did find some fresh, deep, and large footprint impressions in the pine needles, going down into a ravine.

Bob described the footprints as being about one inch deep in pine needles and about sixteen inches long and over six inches wide, because he put his size twelve boot into the track and there was plenty of space left over. He did not observe any toes in the tracks because of pine needles, but the prints looked to be that of a large human.

Summary: Bob was very sincere and believable as he went over his rendition of events that occurred on the outing that he and his friend had during June of 1990. No measurements or photographs were taken of that incident. At that time, Bob never thought that a sasquatch critter even existed. Bob said that he had stored his excess food in his backpack about twelve feet off of the ground over a tree limb, with a rope that was tied off to the trunk of that tree. The reason that I made this report a class “B” report is the fact that Bob knows the difference between bear tracks and human tracks, and he heard a large bipedal creature walking around and through their dark campsite.

Bob now has in his possession a camera and a voice recorder, which he brings along when he and his family are out camping.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:36 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 2228 (Class C)
Submitted on Tuesday, November 05, 1996. Reference to a local newspaper article about tracks found near Bautista Road

YEAR: 1985

LOCATION DETAILS: County of Riverside, California: Anza California and area to the east of Hemet in the San Jacinto Mtns.

OBSERVED: The local paper (The Press Enterprise), ran an article of foot prints being found in the Anza area, near Bautista Rd. This is a dirt road that leads to or near the indian reservation. There really is nothing out there but scrub, Manzanita, Oaks and pines at the higher elevations. I have hunted that area and hiked around there over the years. Many times I have been out there and knew or had some feeling of another presence. I don't mean like small animals or anything of that sort; just some unexplained feeling that someone or something has been watching me or following me. Then the Press Enterprise came out with this article some years ago, and made me wonder if what it might have been was something a bit more unusual than I had imagined at the time.

I worked with the University of California at Riverside here in Riverside as an archaeologist. In my work I have had a chance to work with a few native american monitors. These individuals come along and help to oversee some of our sites (especially those involving human remains). Through these acquaintances I've learned there have been some beliefs and possible legends of hairy creatures even here in Southern California.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Not sure of the exact year the article ran in the Press Enterprise But I do believe it was around the spring. The soil is soft that time of year, and a foot print of something small like a quail would even be left behind in the hard compact clay, and decomposing granite.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:31 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Media Article # 535

Monday, August 18, 1975

Monster revisits hills

Corona Daily Independent

Corona's 'foothill monster' again ranged the outskirts of the community over the
weekend, according to witnesses quoted by police, but managed to foil sighting
efforts of law officers - and left no traces.
By now, reports of a mysterious creature of 10-feet height and human-like facial
characteristics, was implanted in the records for a second week. And stalking
the monster had become a social pastime for twilight hours.
One officer said two men identified as Ernest Palmeira, 34, of 717 W. Sixth, and
James F. Mihalko, 36, of 3051 Kips Korner, Norco, became angry when an officer,
taking the initial sighting report, failed to treat their story as a true one.
They came to the police station yesterday to complain and get their report on
record.
Another officer said he questioned the pair very closely and "they told a most
convincing story." The officer, a veteran of the department, appeared a little
shook as he talked about it. He had just returned from a search that failed to
turn up the monster.
The two men told police they drove to the south end of Main Street about 2:30
a.m. Saturday in an effort to see the monster. They drove to about 300 feet
north of the south terminus of Main, parked their car and turned out the lights.
Exiting from their vehicle, they then turned on the spot light to survey the
area. The light revealed the animal sitting on a concrete wall "slumped over."
The men told officers they were about 200 feet from the monster and could hear
him breathing heavily.
They said the animal looked up at them for a few seconds, then disappeared into
the brush that surrounds the area.
He had a hairy face, stood about 10 feet tall, and moved extremely fast.
The men said the animal turned his body when he looked around as if he had
difficulty turning his head.
About 10:30 Friday night, Ronald J. Campbell, 31, of 2342 (? not clear) S.
Gilbert, called police when he heard something outside. He said his dogs began
barking wildly toward the rear of his residence, and when he investigated he
thought he heard a noise in his barn. The dogs then ran barking into the orange
grove that surrounds the house.
Campbell saw nothing, and a search by police failed to locate anything that
would have set the dogs to barking.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:31 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Media Article # 534

Friday, August 15, 1975

'Monster' sightings reported to police

Corona Daily Independent

Corona police said today that over the past 24 hours a number of area residents
have reported sighting a huge ape-like creature that was first seen near Chase
Drive east of Main Street two weeks ago.
Two Corona residents, 18 and 20 years of age, told police last Tuesday they had
seen the monster and it had chased them while they fled in their car. They said
they first saw the animal a couple of weeks prior to that time.
After the initial report was filed at the police station, a number of persons
told officers they had sighted the beast. They said they saw the animal before
The Daily Independent carried the story.
Yesterday and last night, police received additional reports from persons who
sighted the monster.
A Corona resident, Irene P. Rambo, 18, of 217 S. Garfield, told officers she saw
the beast about 3 p.m. yesterday. It looked over a high patio fence in front of
her apartment, she stated.
She described the animal as about 10 feet tall, half human, half ape, and
covered with hair. It had human-like teeth she said.
She told officers that she grabbed her two-year-old son from the patio and
locked herself and the boy inside the apartment.
One report said the monster had been sighted at Chase and Skyline Drive about
3:30 p.m. yesterday.
A number of persons have called the police station asking if there is really a
monster in South Corona. Police said, "We can only reply that no officer has
seen it."
Police continued to check out South Corona area yesterday afternoon and last
night.
A number of area residents joined the hunt. One officer said there were more
persons in one grove than trees.
Other officers reported about 50 persons were in the groves at one time
searching for the animal.
The monster was supposedly seen originally on Corona Foothill Lemon Co.
property, so Ned Willits, chairman of Foothill's board of directors was asked
the following question: "Is it true that you are harboring a monster on your
land?"
"Well," he replied, "it is sort of like the time when they closed up a small zoo
on the Earl Ranch. All of a sudden we had hyenas and other creatures all over.
Those were real, however, not Monday morning creations." "No," he continued, "I
haven't seen anything. At least I haven't gotten close enough to be able to see
facial hair in the middle of the night."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:34 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Media Article # 533

Friday, August 15, 1975

'Monster' is spotted here

Corona Daily Independent

A "monster" resembling a huge ape has been sighted several times in an orange
grove area of South Corona, two startled men reported to the police department
yesterday.
The most recent sighting occurred yesterday about 2 a.m., police were told.
Officers identified the men as Daniel C. Hinson, 18, of 331 E. Rancho, and Mark
D. Perez, 20, of 2161 Dana.
The pair said they sighted the monster on a dirt road running south from Chase
Drive east of Main Street.
Police said that Hinson first spotted the monster, then told his companion about
it and the pair drove to the grove where it was sighted by both men.
They said its appearance was half human, half ape and it was in excess of 10
feet in height. Thick gray hair grew over its body and on the arms and legs,
facial hair was fine.
The monster stood on two legs like a man, and had two long arms that dangled
down on each side of the body. The hands resembled claws. It had two large black
eyes, a small pushed-in nose and a human-like mouth. Its head was small in
comparison with its body, the pair reported.
The animal left foot prints in excess of 12 inches long.
Police reports state the monster has been sighted on at least three different
occasions.
City detectives and other officers were inclined today to treat the report
lightly.
However, after Hinson-Perez report was filed, several other persons told the
department that they, too, had spotted the monster. Hinson and Perez said they
first saw the animal about two weeks ago about 100 yards east of Main in the
dirt road area. They said they fled the area.
Later they returned at night and spotted the animal in an irrigation ditch. When
the animal climbed out of the ditch, the pair fled in their car and the beast
followed, almost catching up with the car, the pair reported.
They said that during their trips to the area they saw no rabbits, and could
detect an odor resembling that from a dead animal.
The victims said they thought the animal had come down into Corona from the
hills because it was hungry.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:25 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 26152 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, June 18, 2009.
Backpackers hear whoops and tree push over SE of Round Valley in the Mt. San Jacinto Wilderness Area
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2004

MONTH: June

DATE: early June

LOCATION DETAILS: S.E. area of Round Valley in the Mt. San Jacinto Wilderness Area.

NEAREST TOWN: Idyllwild

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 243

OBSERVED: I was camping with my 7 year old son on top of Mt. San Jacinto, specifically Round Valley. This was the third year we had done this and the plan was to spent the night at 9200 feet and do the peak the next day. Spend another night in Round Valley and go back down the mountain the third day. The place we set camp was on the south east side of Round Valley with some large granite boulders to give us some shelter if the wind picked up. Surrounding our camp were ponderosa and jeffrey pines and not too far away was a small stream. This was early June and there were still some snow drifts in the shaded places.
My son and I had eaten dinner and were getting ready for bed. At about 10:00 p.m. we were in our sleeping bags, but still talking and planning the trip to the peak in the morning. Suddenly without warning we heard a loud, low pitched whooping call in the boulders just above us. The hair on the back of my neck stood up and my son asked me if that was a monkey and I, not wanting to deal with a panicked 7 year old, told him it was just an owl. We did not smell anything or hear footsteps. Everything calmed down and we finally fell asleep. About an hour later I heard a load boom that sounded close to the tent. I looked out the window in the tent and saw a few clouds in the moonlight so I pulled our boots into the tent in case we got a thunderstorm in the night.
The next morning we got up and had breakfast, then headed for the peak. We made the peak but by the time we got back to camp my knees were swollen and sore so I put some snow in a sandwich bag for a cold pack that evening to reduce the swelling for the trip out the next morning. That night was uneventful and we slept well in the high altitude air. The next morning we got up and began to pack up for our trip off the mountain. I went up on top of the boulders to make sure none of our trash had blown away from camp and make sure everything was picked up. I then saw what had made that load boom the night before last. 30 yards from our tent on top of those boulders was an 8 inch diameter ponderosa pine snapped off at the base. The tree was still green and fresh and had no rot in it and there was no wind to speak of either night. The only explanation I can come up with is that the animal that made that whooping sound had pushed the tree over. The tree was not aimed in the direction of our tent but rather parallel the direction our tent was pitched. I don't think the animal was trying to do any harm but may have just been expressing it's dominance over us.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just myself and my 7 yo son. We were talking.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Started about 10:00 P.M. Weather was clear and cold.

ENVIRONMENT: Pine forrest with meadow about 1/4 mile away and stream less than that.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Mike O'Brien:

Witness had Class B loud noise experience while camping during evening and later noticed a tree which had apparently been pushed over in close proximity to his tent. Witness has since moved to New Mexico and hopes to have additional sightings there.

Profile Personal album