Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: BFRO CLARK COUNTY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:46 pm 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 6806 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, August 24, 2003. Man approached by Sasquatch, south of Yacolt, WA
YEAR: 2003

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: August

DATE: 15

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Clark County

LOCATION DETAILS: Within a mile of Moulton Falls. I can show you.

NEAREST TOWN: Yacolt, WA

NEAREST ROAD: Luicia Falls Rd.

OBSERVED: I have often thought I saw someone run across the road while I deliver the paper. I often stopped to use the restroom in the same spot. I heard funny noises, but thought it was a bear or some other animal grunting and what not. Last night (about 4:30 AM actually, so this morning) I was stopped along the road looking over my route sheet, when out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walking. I slowly reached up and turned off the light. I put the car in gear, and looked over. What I saw made the hair stand on the back of my neck, and got tears in my eyes. It wasn't 7 feet tall, more like 6 feet or so - I'm guessing, because it didn't seem to be bending over too far to look at me. It was maybe 5 or 6 feet away from my car. I was so frightened that I drove off as fast as I could. I called 911 and they thought I was a nut, and said it was most likely a vagrant, or homeless guy. I don't think so.

ALSO NOTICED: It just seemed extremely curious.

OTHER WITNESSES: I was alone.

OTHER STORIES: Just what I noted in the paragraph above.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 4:30 AM dark, but light from my head lights and blinkers.

ENVIRONMENT: By the road, next to the Lewis River.

Follow-up investigation report:

I spoke to the witness by phone and the following comments are the results of that conversation.

The witness was working at the time of the sighting and was taking a break from his duty when something approached the vehicle from the passenger side. The windshield was covered with a light film of dust from the road, causing a reflection of his car stereo faceplate, which is blue in color with a dolphin screen saver. This is what the witness thought the sasquatch was interested in, as the screen saver was moving on his radio.

At the beginning of the sighting the dome light was on. The witness shut it off to see what the movement was outside of the vehicle. The witness stated that when the sasquatch approached, it was in a crouched position walking toward the vehicle, never taking its focus off the inside of vehicle. The witness also said that there was a small yellow strobe light on top of the vehicle that was blinking off and on because of his job.

The sighting lasted less than a minute and the witness gave a very good description of the sasquatch that approached within ten feet of his vehicle. One thing that was noticed about the sasquatch was the reflection of the eyes that were large in size.

The estimated height of the sasquatch was around six and one half feet. The height was estimated from the height of the Jeep the witness was driving. The witness watched as the sasquatch became aware of somebody inside the vehicle and crossed the road.

An emergency call was made and the dispatcher mentioned to the witness that this was not the first call to come across the board about a bigfoot sighting in the area.

"I never... NEVER believed in BIGFOOT before that morning. I was the biggest skeptic out there. I have a degree in science, and I still can't believe it. To be honest with you, I don't want to go back out there, but it's my job and will just not let it bother me. I don't think I will stop by the same area every morning."

Post subject: Re: BFRO CLARK COUNTY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:48 pm 

Quote:
Report # 8375 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, March 25, 2004. While constructing "fort," young teenager has afternoon sighting in Amboy off Rotschy Road
YEAR: 1993

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: February

LOCATION DETAILS: It's the first drive way on the right on Rotschy road; it's a long drive way, you can park at the gate and walk NW about 1/2 mile.

NEAREST TOWN: Amboy

NEAREST ROAD: Rotschy road

OBSERVED: I was about 13 and lived in Southern Washington in a small town called Amboy. I lived with my mother stepfather and stepbrother in a small house on about 5 acres pretty far from anyone, on Rotschy Hill.
One day my brother and I were building a fort in the woods on the base of an small hill just on the outside of our property. On top of the hill there was a house that you couldn't see from where we were.
So we were working on our fort when we heard a lot of noise on the side of the hill branches breaking, dogs barking - it was very loud and I looked over approx. 250-300 yrds from where we were.
I actually first saw the dogs and noticed what they were running after what seemed to be like a gorilla. I say that because of the arms. It was running on the side of the hill, taking large steps, kind of striding on two legs. It seemed to be scared of the dogs. There were 3 dogs running down the hillside about 50 yrds behind it at first. At that point I was sort of in shock and trying to get my brother to see it, too, but from where he was he couldn't see it.
From that point on I got really excited to tell my mom and my uncle who also claims to have seen it around Mt. St. Helens awhile back. Of course, nobody really believes me except my brother, so I don't really tell the story now that im 23 and I understand the skepticism that surrounds this subject. This happened about 10 yrs ago so im not sure how usefull I've been in telling this story.

ALSO NOTICED: I remember other people around that area talking about seeing what I described growing up there. It wasn't strange to hear somone talking about bigfoot, especially loggers. It seems like everyone there has a story or knows someone that does. Of course, I was young and my story was blamed on a child's overactive imagination.

OTHER WITNESSES: My little brother thought he never actually saw it. He heard the commotion and knew something was going on.

OTHER STORIES: Near there my uncle was hunting with a friend and they where on the edge of a bluff and they both saw what appeared to be the same creature that I described walking through a clear cut on the side of a hill and they watched it for about 15-20 minutes and were never seen by the creature. Unfortunately, their pictures didn't reveal anything. There are many stories like this in that area as im sure you know.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was probably around 12:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m., overcast light rain or it had been raining.

ENVIRONMENT: The environment consisted of evergreen trees, a lot of ferns, a wide winding creek; to the south was a clear cut, further north about 2 miles up the road are large hills, many large ponds and swamps, creeks , trails, cliffs,many wild animals (cougar, deer, elk etc.). Many large trees, small trees and other vegetation. It would be very easy for someone to get lost,or hide out and never be seen. That's why most of those people live out there.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Dr. Wolf H. Fahrenbach:

The sasquatch did not run, but had simply an accelerated walking pace. The dogs seemed to hang back at a distance despite their being in a chase mode; they gave the impression of being afraid. A daytime family encounter (Report #933) occurred less than two miles to the south, four years earlier.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:49 pm 

Quote:
Report # 933 (Class A)
Submitted by W. H. Fahrenbach on Wednesday, June 14, 1989. Family has face to face encounter with sasquatch in their back yard
YEAR: 1989

MONTH: June

LOCATION DETAILS: Just South of the small community of Yacolt, Washington. Yacolt lies 21 miles NE of Vancouver, WA, 26 miles SW of Mt. St. Helens, 7 Miles S of Lake Merwin and the Yale Reservoir.

NEAREST TOWN: Yacolt

NEAREST ROAD: Garner Rd

OBSERVED: Mrs. Brenda G., washing the dinner dishes, looking out over her backyard, past the horse corral with its pony and off into the distance, notices that suddenly the horse becomes unruly and seems close to panic, while an indistinct figure passes through the trees behind the corral. She calls to Nick: "Nick, there are some kids out there trying to tease the horse" and steps out the kitchen back door with a BB-gun in her hands for good measure. Nick races out past her and some distance down the overgrown meadow along the stand of trees, where he comes abruptly face to face with a sasquatch standing on the indistinct foot path. Nick comes to such a "screeching halt" that he slides on moist vegetation and sits down on the ground. For reassurance he throws a backward look to his mother who, however, has returned to the house. When he looks back at the sasquatch, it is already walking with long strides across the brush and wildflower covered meadow, "lifting up his feet more than people do". As Nick scrambles to get up, a branch snaps and the sasquatch turns to look at him "with big eyes".

Nick runs back into the house, tearing the screen door off its hinges in the process, to tell his mother about the creature and to change into boots from his slippery loafers. Then he charges back out, taking a large army bayonet from over the fireplace for protection, with Brenda close behind. Their two dogs have retreated under the house.

As he runs down through the same meadow, the sasquatch is still walking about there, retreats downhill, crosses a small creek and stops on the far bank of the creek under a fir tree to face his pursuers, his entire body bathed in sunlight and visible from head to toe. Nick stops about 30' away, his mother stands about 15' behind him. This silent tableau holds its place for what seems an extraordinarily long time, perhaps 5 minutes, although Nick's and Brenda's estimates, colored by the adrenaline of the encounter, range as high as 20 minutes. Whatever length of time passes, it gives Nick and Brenda the opportunity for detailed inspection of the sasquatch.

They describe it as being 6'6" tall (as measured against a branchlet that barely touched the crown of its head), covered with black-gray fur and golden brown patches on its shoulders and chest. The hair is 4"-5" long and dirty with burrs in it. The head is notable for its pronounced brow ridge and deep set eyes, that are "less open than human eyes" [facing into the sun]. It has a wide and stumpy nose, the hairiness under the nose getting thicker, hiding the jaw line. It has impressively wide shoulders ("Man, they were this wide!", Nick holds his hands far apart in retelling), heavy arms, wide hands with thick fingers and dark brown and rough palms. Its nails have a deep yellow "nicotine-stained" color. Its torso narrows somewhat to the waist, no genitals are visible in the fur, and it has "sort of a small butt for a man", according to Brenda's astute assessment. Both observers perceive the animal as a male. Neither of them detects any smell.

In due time Brenda gets the "willies" and anxiously screams to Nick to break it off. Thereupon the sasquatch screams, takes a step across the creek toward them, while holding its arms out to the side by about 45 degrees, as if to herd them on their way. They run halfway up the hill to the house, when Nick feels compelled to give it one more look. He is rewarded by a repeat of the faintly aggressive display. They continue to the house, Brenda scooping up John from the lawn, who says: "Mommy, there is a big monkey in our backyard". Brenda climbs up on the low garage roof and watches the sasquatch walk away. The dogs stay under the house for a safe two hours and will not let themselves be coaxed out, even by having meat waved at them. The horse has substantial abrasions on its fetlocks from having gotten snagged on a rope in its panic.

Brenda phones 911, but hangs up before the call is answered. After some time she phones back and reports the encounter, which is duly noted in the police blotter, but not acted upon. Only an alert reporter from the Vancouver Columbian catches the brief note and looks up the family. This reporter and several Sasquatch investigators canvas the surroundings and neighbors and come up with a few additional items.

Two sets of foot prints are found, 12" long and 6" long, whereupon Brenda puts a roast chicken into a high tree fork, since she wants to see the "baby". An adjacent unused meadow has a large depressed area of grass in it. A patch of thimbleberries is found on the steep hillside to have been stripped of its fruit and leaves, leaving bare canes behind. The adjacent farmer's cows, which had just been turned loose for the summer into a higher, lush meadow, come rushing back to the barn that night, something the farmer had never observed before. After about a week, little John comments casually: "The little monkey isn't coming to play anymore".

OTHER WITNESSES: Mrs. Brenda G., a young mother, German, recently moved to Washington from the US South, doing dishes; her 15-and-a-half-year old son Nick, a short but muscular and macho kid, doing homework; her 5 year-old son, John, playing outside on the lawn; two dogs, one pony. The father is at work away from home at the time of the event.

OTHER STORIES: A sasquatch was seen above a nearby lumber mill about 4 years earlier. Nick had been sleeping on the screened porch of the house and had heard noises (rustling brush) and "slapping" foot steps on the street during the night. Similar sounds were heard by the overnighting Sasquatch investigators after the sighting. Earlier in the same year, while a Little League baseball game was in progress at the Yacolts ball park, a sasquatch stepped out of the forest in full view of the spectators in the bleachers and briefly viewed the game in progress before retreating into the forest. A neighbor and his daughter saw the Sasquatch on an evening after the G.'s sighting, but refused to talk about it to investigators. A couple of investigators from Seattle arrived and proceeded to establish a camp in the early evening on the steep hillside, where the thimbleberry patch had been found. After several hours, about 11 PM, they came racing down the hillside, dragging their unfolded tent and sleeping bags behind in disarray, got into their VW van and left without further comment, never to be heard from again.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 8:30 PM, clear sky, sunshine and pleasant temperature.

ENVIRONMENT: A two-story home on a country road, surrounded by minimal lawns bordered by deep, steeply rising forest across the road; behind the house abandoned fields, overgrown with brush and wildflowers, mixed with groves of evergreens. Neighboring houses are separated by several hundred feet.

A & G References: Pg 23, B5

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Dr. Wolf H. Fahrenbach:

The circumstances suggest that a young sasquatch was wandering through the countryside in the company of an older sibling (young male), providing the impetus for the unusual confrontational, protective display. The narrow waist suggests a young male. Yellow color of nails is probably a function of thick keratin. Dirtiness seems to be the rule for Spring sightings. Thimbleberry vines were evidently cleaned by sliding the hand along the cane from the ground up. Despite the apparent lack of smell, dogs, horse and cows reacted without very close encounters. An effort to attract the sasquatch by baiting (hibachi glowing for hours in the meadow with hot dogs on it, strategically scattered doughnuts etc.) and viewing the surround during an ensuing night with night vision binoculars proved fruitless. The final comment by John about playing with the "little monkey" has to be weighed against the exclusive and pervasive sasquatch talk after the event by the adults, family and visitors alike and, conversely, the guilelessness of small children and his identification of the subadult sasquatch as a "big monkey".

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:50 pm 

Quote:
Report # 937 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Friday, June 28, 1985. Witnesses hear odd, loud vocalization while in the forest traveling on a logging road
YEAR: 1985

MONTH: June

DATE: 28

LOCATION DETAILS: Near Lost Lake, headwaters of Washougal River and Rock Creek.

NEAREST TOWN: Creswell Heights

NEAREST ROAD: Dole Valley Rd.

OBSERVED: We were out shooting clay pigeons and plinking up on a logging road. We were on the east side of the divide heading towards Lost Lake if I recall. It was in June or July of 1985. We had pissed our dads off for some reason and they told us to get out of the back of their truck to walk. As the truck rounded the corner and the dust subsided, it happened. We heard the rustling of trees and shrubs about 10 yards downhill of us. Then the most guttural, loud, and high pitched yell erupted from the trees below. We hunt all of the time and have never heard anything like that. To this day we cannot pin it down to any known animal in this region. It wasn't an elk as it didn't bugle. It wasn't the cry of a mountain lion, and certainly wasn't a bear. The sheer decibel level of the sound indicated to me that it was a rather large animal. We looked at each other and ran to that truck about a mile away. We never looked back, we were too scared. An interesting thing happened about five months ago. I rented a bigfoot documentary which had a recording some campers had made in Washington State somewhere in the summer of 1971. Too my astonishment, the recording was a duplicate of the spine trembling cry that we had heard. My brother and friend couldn't believe it when I called them right away to let them listen. It was eerie. Let me know if you need more details.

ENVIRONMENT: The logging road cut into the side of the hill. The slope went downward from west to east at about a 40 degree slant. Trees and bushes surrounded the road on both the uphill and downhill sides.

A & G References: Pg 23, C6

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:52 pm 

Quote:
Report # 2744 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, July 02, 2001. Large figure crosses the road in dawn hours near Battleground
YEAR: 83 or 84

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: January

DATE: 15th

LOCATION DETAILS: You go through main street in Battleground and keep going. Im not sure what is there now but it used to be that when you hit our corner if you turned right there was still black top but if you went straight it was a gravel road and to the left was a logging road.

NEAREST TOWN: BattleGround

NEAREST ROAD: Main St

OBSERVED: I was either a freshman or sophmore in high school (I graduated in 86). It was about 7:30am and I was waiting for the bus stop (we lived on the corner of a dead end road at the top of a hill across the road was nothing but woods and logging roads. If you keep going straight it goes downhill on a gravel road and there were two trailers back there at the top of the hill. Our creek ran under the road at the bottom). I was waiting for the bus and was looking down the gravel road because there was light and I was a little nervous waiting and I saw something cross the road in one step where the creek runs under the road. The road is big enough for two cars to pass by each other. Whatever it was big and, no, it wasn't a bear; I had seen bears in zoos before and it wasn't any animal that I had seen before.
I got scared and went back to the house and turned on the lights.
I did not tell anyone about this. But there were always feelings when we were out in the woods that something was watching us.
I don't ever remember hearing any screams or anything but we were fairly quiet people, those of us who lived on the road and at times it stunk; we were told we had skunk weed growing down at the creek.
the kids always talked how Bigfoot lived on Bells Mountain. That wasn't too far away as the crow flies

ALSO NOTICED: It scared me really bad. But nothing else out of the ordinary.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just me. I was waiting for the bus. I think I was having a cigarette.

OTHER STORIES: We had just heard that Big Foot lived on Bells Mountain. It was nothing we talked too much about just kids mentioning it.
I think one of my friends ( I have no idea where she is now) had said at one point that one had come in her yard when she lived there.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Morning, the sun was coming up but hadn't reached our house.

ENVIRONMENT: Where I was standing was wooded. At the bottom of the hill (I stood at the top), where the thing crossed the road, was a creek and fairly swampy. I think there used be an old cabin because us kids had found old broken bottles and things when we went looking around that area one time. It was a fairly steep hill.
On either side of the area was woods we owned the land to the right and it was never cleared. the other side of the road I think is State owned.

Follow-up investigation report:

In the telephone conversation I had with the witness, she described an earlier time when a goat that had been killed and the rear quarters eaten on. The hide had been rolled tightly from the rear end up past the flanks, then it had its meal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:52 pm 

Quote:
Media Article # 39
Article submitted by Richard Noll

Monday, December 11, 2000

Bigfoot: Soul of a region

By Brett Oppegaard
Washington's Outer Limits

It's been a legend for years, but few realize that Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, gained official status in 1975. That year the Army Corps of Engineers published an environmental atlas that first recognized Sasquatch as a species indigenous to Washington state.

The $200,000 corps project found, among other things, that the big-footed animal is "covered with long hair, except for the face and hands, and has a distinctly humanlike form."

The corps described a Sasquatch as agile and strong, but so shy that it leaves "minimal evidence of its presence." It can grow up to 12 feet tall and weigh more than 1,000 pounds, eating mostly berries and small fish.

Acknowledging that the creature is the target of some debate; the atlas claims to base its findings on hair samples taken by the FBI that indicate an undiscovered creature.

"If Sasquatch is purely legend," the book concludes, "it's likely to be a long time in dying."
Bibliographical Information:

Paperback.
Published by The Columbian.

Available at: http://shop.columbian.com/store/outerlimits.html

Click here to view the original article

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:53 pm 

Quote:
Media Article # 38

Tuesday, September 07, 1999

Native Son Tries Hand at Television Writing

By Dave Jewett
Columbian

Columbian staff writer
Sasquatch tries acting

Sasquatch, the legendary creature of the Northwest woods, is getting a movie break thanks to the enormous success of the movie thriller, "The Blair Witch Project."

Variety, the show business newspaper, says Sasquatch (a.k.a. Bigfoot) will be at the center of a feature-length spoof on "Blair Witch," with the working title "The Bigfoot Project." Filming had already begun.

In the story, three tourists get lost near the famous Hollywood sign, and encounter a Bigfoot monster. The ostracized runt of the Sasquatch family has turned into a bum, wandering the Southern California landscape. The tourist's bodies are later found, together with their video footage of the encounter, in scenes recalling "Blair Witch."

Dave Jewett's column appears Tuesday and Thursday. If you have an item of interest, call Dave at The Columbian, 699-6006, or drop him a line. You may also send e-mail to dave.jewett@columbian.com.

Click here to view the original article

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:54 pm 

Quote:
Media Article # 239

Sunday, May 12, 1996

Bigfoot: A unique northwest mystery

By Ollie Welch
Clark County History

The Nisqually say that the Tsiatko smell, they have the voice of an owl, and they possess the power of changing so that those hearing them become demented and fall into a swoon (Gordon, p. 9).

Although most natives feared this mysterious beast, others believed that it was some type of spirit. The Upper Skagit people from Washington believed in "Kala'litabiqw," a spirit who had moss growing on his head and could cross the Cascade Mountains in a single stride (Gordon, p. 10).
Bibliographical Information:

XXXVII ,p. 88-92

Gordon, David George. Field Guide to the SasQuatch. Seattle:
Sasquatch Books, 1992.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:17 pm 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 61157 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Campers describe early AM approach near Coldwater Creek Campground outside Yacolt
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2018

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

DATE: 25

LOCATION DETAILS: Just off Dole Valley Road, a bit east of Coldwater Creek Campground.

NEAREST TOWN: Yacolt

NEAREST ROAD: Dole Valley Rd

OBSERVED: My wife and I were driving late in the night trying to reach the Coldwater Creek Campground near Yacolt. By the time we got there the campground was full. We kept driving and stopped at the first logging road that had a suitably flat spot for camping (we sleep in the back of our SUV). It was a short dead end logging road in a recovering clear-cut. We set up camp and went to sleep.

Around 2:30 a.m. my wife awoke to our pet rabbit scrambling around in the driver's footwell. The rabbit had gotten down there and couldn't get back up. As my wife reached up there to rescue the bunny, she felt something firmly touch her leg. She described it as a firm press and then deliberate, downward motion. At first she was confused because we were inside the car, but then she remembered that we kept the sliding rear windows open slightly for ventilation. The spot where she was touched was pressed against that opening (we built a sleeping platform in our car that puts us near the level of the windows).

She heard nothing super obvious, but immediately afterward she thinks she heard a couple of extremely light footfalls.

We stayed mostly silent for about an hour, just listening for anything, but heard nothing else. I finally mustered the courage to peek out a window, but couldn't see anything.

The next morning we found very large, muddy fingerprints on our car, near where my wife was touched. We have pictures of these prints which we would be glad to submit. In the photos you can see where I tried to recreate the prints with my own fingers. I have medium sized hands and the prints are MUCH larger.

We looked around a bit taking note of things. On my wife's side of the car was only a fairly narrow strip of road, and after that was dry, crunchy grass and brush. Whatever touched her had to be able to walk along that narrow strip, otherwise we would have heard it in the dry brush. It also had to be tall enough to reach the window. We feel these factors probably rule out four-legged animals.

We considered the idea that a person could have been messing with us, but there are some issues with that which make us skeptical. First, we feel a person wouldn't have been so quiet. Second, we find it hard to believe someone trying to scare us would have simply touched her leg, left prints, and called it good. More than likely a person would have taken things farther than that. That would really be showing a lot of restraint for a prankster. Last, the prints would have been a VERY large person. One who also though to get their hands muddy beforehand.

ALSO NOTICED: Just the fingerprints.

OTHER WITNESSES: My wife was the only one who experienced the touch, but we both saw the fingerprints.

OTHER STORIES: I only know of the other reports in the area from your site.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: About 2:30 a.m. Clear, but dark outside. I believe the moon was visible but I can't remember how much.

ENVIRONMENT: Clear cut bordered by evergreen forests; logging land. Somewhere nearby was moving water, but we couldn't see it.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Charles Lamica:

I interviewed the witnesses telephonically on 18 November 2018. I mostly spoke with C----, the wife of the gentleman who filed the report. One note of correction: This event took place near Cold Creek Campground, not Coldwater Creek Campground. I’ve synopsized C----‘s statements below…

“We own a 1995 Mitsubishi Montero SUV. We modified the back end of it by adding a sleeping platform where we sleep when we are camping. We have a pet rabbit that travels with us. When we got to Cold Creek Campground and found it was full we drove further up the road and pulled off into an old clear cut to spend the night. It was about 11:00 PM when we got there. Because the air temperature was mild we left the side windows open when we went to bed. The night was dark, with not much of a moon.

“Late in the night I was awakened by the sound of our rabbit scrambling around. It was up in the front seat area of the car. I had been sleeping on the platform in the back, on the driver’s side of the vehicle. I was on my side, with my body facing towards the outside of the car. As I was reaching forward to check on the rabbit I suddenly felt something grab my leg, near the knee. It felt like a hand. It pushed down firmly on my leg, then slid down my leg about an inch.

“I instinctively pulled away from the touch and completely froze! I was too scared to look out the window. I heard two soft footfalls on the driver side of the car, the side I was on. They sounded to be moving away from me.

“I never went back to sleep! About 5:30 AM I finally had to get out of the car because I needed to go to the bathroom. That’s when we found the palm print and fingerprints on the window of the car. My husband photographed them with his cell phone. The prints are much larger than a normal human’s prints.

“This is the second time we’ve had a nighttime visitor while camping. The first time, we were camping in the Mt. Baker area. It was earlier in the summer. At that time we heard some really deep hooting sounds. Almost like an owl, but so deep and resonate that we could feel the sounds in our chests. The sounds were close and made us so nervous that we decided to leave. We packed up and went home because of it. An interesting note is that both times we’ve had possible bigfoot activity we had our rabbit in the car with us.”

I found C----‘s story to be compelling and it was obvious that recalling the incident was an emotional situation for her. I could hear the fear in her voice while she was describing the event to me. I explained to C--- that sasquatches seem to have an overpowering curiosity about humans which causes some sasquatches to approach under the cover of darkness to further investigate “intruders.” I don’t know if the presence of the pet rabbit enhanced the curiosity of a sasquatch, but it’s an interesting thought that perhaps the rabbit was scrambling about because a giant ape was peering at it through the window?

About BFRO Investigator Charles Lamica:

Chuck Lamica's interest in sasquatch started at the age of 8, when his family discovered large footprints near their home in rural Oregon. He was an Alaska State Trooper for 22 years and later worked as a Forest Warden for the Washington Department of Natural Resources. He now lives in northeast Washington state.

Profile Personal album