Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: Re: (BFRO) Shasta County
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:55 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 7555 (Class A)
Submitted by witness Keith on Saturday, December 13, 2003. Two Young Fishermen Have Mid-day Encounter at Lake Shasta

YEAR: 1977

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: August

STATE: California

COUNTY: Shasta County

LOCATION DETAILS: We went there in a boat I think it was on a north bank were the boat dock was. I think I could find it if I went back there but it's hard to explain. I think the cove was in a northern direction too.

NEAREST TOWN: Antler Camp

NEAREST ROAD: I-5, North bound side

OBSERVED: My family and I went to lake Shasta CA. To camp at antler camp ground. While we were there, we went to this cove on the lake and had a picnic. After the picnic, me and my cousin jimmy and my little sister Kim stayed in the cove to go fishing while everybody else went back out to the boat dock. After awhile, my sister wanted to go out to the dock to be with my older sister, so I put her on my shoulders and started walking. About 1/4 mile half way out I started hearing something walking in the woods. I stopped, it stopped. I started, it started. So I kept walking. I dropped my sister off and started heading back. A little way in and I started hearing the footsteps again. Now they were closer and I could see something in the shadows. As I kept walking, it kept getting closer. I stopped again and all of a sudden, it came crashing through the brush straight for me. I just stood there, looking at it then it stopped about 5 feet from me and I could plainly see what was standing there, but I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I remember noticing it had big reddish brown eyes that seemed to stare right through me. It gave me the creeps. Then I noticed it had big muscular arms and huge hands. Then I looked down and saw big feet. Then I started scanning up and saw some big calves and thighs. It was definitely a male and was dark brownish black in color. I just stood there looking at him and then I said to my cousin jimmy, who was about 10 to 15 feet away from me, “look” and pointed at it. He took one look and screamed, and then he jumped into the lake. I gave a yell and did the same. We swam out into the center of the cove and the creature stood there watching us. My cousin swam to the dock but I stayed. I was totally curious as to what it was but scared at the same time. Then it looked toward the back of the cove like it was startled and it ran up at least a 40 to 45% hill through brush and trees. It covered at least a couple hundred feet in what seemed like 2 or 3 seconds and was gone. I heard and saw some people coming down a trail from a cabin up on the hill. When they got close, I asked them if they ever heard of bigfoot. They said, “yeah, they come around are cabin once in a while.”

ALSO NOTICED: Not really.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just me and my cousin were there. He lives in Kentucky so I never really talked to him after the incident.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was about 1pm sunny clear day. The lake was down that year because of drought. The brush would normally be under water.

ENVIRONMENT: It was undergrowth, tall oak saplings and pine forest up the hill from the water; hills on both sides of the cove boat dock. At the entrance of cove, if you were facing into the cove, the sighting was on the left and the cabin was on the right at the top of the hill.

Follow-up investigation report:

Following the investigator's interview with the witness, the following information can be added to this report:

·The witness reported that whatever it was he encountered, it was very big and very muscular.

·The witness was impressed with the size of the feet he saw on this animal. The feet were of enormous size, as were the hands.

·The witness reported an extremely large head on the creature, but was unable to view the top or rear portions of the head from his vantage point.

·The witness noted the hair covering the body was more of a human type, rather than the type a bear might have, as it was somewhat thinner than a bear's coat and he was able to see the muscles rippling under the hair.

·The witness did not notice any unusual odor during this short, but very close encounter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:55 pm 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Report # 26381 (Class B)
Submitted by H.O. on Wednesday, August 05, 2009. Man recalls adversarial encounter with an unknown creature near French Gulch

YEAR: 1973-74

SEASON: Spring

LOCATION DETAILS: From Hwy. 299, & then up the French Gultch Rd.

NEAREST TOWN: Redding, Ca, because French Gulch was a town back in the gold rush days of old California. People still live in the area of what is now called French Gulch.

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy. 299, & then up the French Gultch Rd.

OBSERVED: I never thought I would write this sort of thing on this forum, but well...here goes. Way before I joined the Church, my young wife and I worked for a private school at the end of the road near French Gulch CA. This is on the edge of the Trinity Mountains (Big Foot Country), and about 25 miles into the woods, behind Clair Engle Lake. It was pretty isolated. Once in awhile log trucks would go by, but mostly no one used the road to come there or go past.

I was assigned midnight bed checks, and had to walk through the entire compound. This was a former ranch: the main house and girls cabins on one side, along with the Teacher's and staff cabins and trailer, and across the creek, and up the pasture alongside the woods, the boy's line of cabins.

To cross the creek, I could either wade or ford, where the cars crossed, or walk past the cook house, that sat next to the creek and cross over on a suspension bridge, that was about jeep wide. We used it only for walking. I sometimes waded because bears would come raid the trash cans, and that was a bother to get past them sometimes.

It was a bit crisp that night, so I decided to walk the bridge, cross the pasture, and walkup the half mile or so along the cabins, to check each one. My boots made a hollow thumping noise as I crossed, and the bridge began to sway like it always did, with a side to side motion, as well as a rolling wave to the deck. The water was about 5 feet below me, and only filled about 10 feet across the bottom. The edges of the creek, about 20 feet per side, were dry and exposed rocks and boulders. The creek was about 2 feet deep and swirled softly, chuckling between and over the rocks.

There was no moon, but there was sufficient starlight, to see, once I had walked from my trailer, to the bridge, about a quarter mile. A single yard light was on up at the owner's house, but none down at my end of the headquarters compound. I walked up to each cabin, and checked them all. Everyone was asleep, no deer were in the pasture, and the one horse we had, was up at the top end of the pasture, snorting at me, and pawing the ground. That was not unusual, so I just headed back to the bottom of the hill toward the bridge. The stars were bright, and the sky was black.

As I approached the bridge, I thought I could hear something near the trash cans on the creek side of the cook house. Something was snuffling around and then banging trash can lids onto the ground. "Crap," I thought, "Bears. I could hear whatever it was knocking over the cans, and rooting around in them. I was a bit frustrated, since the day guy was supposed to have taken them to town, that afternoon, to dump them to avoid just this sort of thing.

I picked up a couple of large smooth river rocks, and stepped onto the bridge. This bridge is about 60 feet long, a suspension bridge, about 15 feet wide. The cables are too high, except in the middle to touch, to use as a hand rail, then too low in the middle to use for that either. The planks are 3" thick, 10 inches wide, very heavy, and heavily oiled. They made a deep thump when trod upon.

I stepped quietly onto the bridge, and drew back my arm. The animal had stopped, and with a whiff, dropped the can it was exploring with a crash. I threw the river rock as hard as I could, and it thumped down, just under the eaves of the building, and rolled into a can, Wham! I peered into the darkness, and shadow under the eaves of the cook shack, but could not see anything but a darker shadow, where I though this animal was. The animal gave out another "Woof," like a bear would when he is trying to sniff something out.

As it stood, I realized, that although I couldn't see much, I could tell that a head and shoulders had risen about the edge of the eaves. "Wow!" My head was trying to compute, "animal on top of a trash can, or a big animal on the ground, that eave is at least 8 feet from the ground..." It wasn't making sense, but the moment didn't last long. With a rumble deep in its chest it began moving out into the open, toward the end of the bridge. I by now was almost to the middle, so I started backing up, and got to about 1/4th of the way from the end. I started hollering at it, and chucked the other two rocks I had with me, one landing at his feet, and the other hitting somewhere near his hip.

He came up out of a crouch, and stood erect. He was just shorter than the bridge uprights, and they were ten feet tall! "Oh, crap", I thought. As he walked forward, the gait was more like a big man, than any bear I had ever seen. Only he was far bigger than any man I had ever seen either. Its legs where long, and this was NO BEAR! Now here you are going to have to trust me. I have hunted all my life, and I am no city boy. I know a bear when I see one, and I had no reason to expect anything else here.

I began shouting at it, as I backed up. He stepped onto the bridge, and in two steps was over the free-swinging portion. The bridge sagged, and I jumped up and down, stomping my feet, and shouting. I backed to the ground, and bent to pick up some more rocks. I stepped forward, pounded on the bridge, and threw another rock; saying "Hey, get!" As the rock sailed I thought that I was using some puny weapons. I also realized my voice was pretty weak. I was scared **itless!

I threw two more rocks in quick succession, and they bounced on the deck, and flew off into the dark, one splashing into the creek. He dodged them handily. His eyes glowed in the dark, and he took a step closer. I started jumping up and down, and getting the bridge to moving sideways and up and down. I had a hold of one of the upright cables, and I had the bridge going pretty good. The animal held onto the cables, above his head, and then with one hand, he vaulted the cables, and disappeared below the bridge.

I thought he was headed my way under the bridge, and I jumped back off and grabbed a two handed rock, to smash his face or whatever I could. I realized I could hear him splashing in the creek, and peered into the darkness, and saw the form running upstream into the back country. I stood a second, heart pounding, and realized there was a foul stench in the air, as a slight breeze carried his scent from that side of the bridge. It smelled of dead animals, and rotten food, and funky bad feet and armpits.

I made my way across the bridge, across the compound, hefting the two handed rock, and eventually got to my trailer. No lights had come on in any of the cabins, or at the owner's house, and no one had come to help me. I slid open the glass door, stepped inside, and slid it back, and leaned against the wall. My wife was in back reading, with a small light on. She looked at me and asked me what was wrong. I don't know what that was, I won't argue for Bigfoot, nor any other animal. I know it was not a bear. I know what that looks like.

OTHER WITNESSES: No!

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Clear dark night with no moon!

ENVIRONMENT: Steep canyons and hevily forested.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

I called the witness (H.O.) on the evening of August 7th, 2009, and we went over his experience, which took place some 35 years ago. This witness is very credible; as he was a medic in Vietnam, and he continued on in that profession in his civilian life as well.

The witness still isn't completely sure that bigfoots / sasquatches exist, but he cannot otherwise explain what he encountered that night. He knows for sure that it was not a bear.

The witness only observed this creature's silhouette, as it was darker than the night sky and/or the surrounding areas. The witness observed this creature move from a crouching position to an erect position, and then it vaulted over one of the bridge's restraining cables. The creature then took off running up a small river on two legs, and disappeared into the darkness.

H.O. got within 45 to 50 feet of this creature while he was on the bridge before it vaulted up and over the retaining cable. Our witness stated, "The reason that I didn't turn and run away from this creature as it walked onto the bridge is the fact that you never turn and run away when faced by a large predator like a bear, or a mountain lion".

The witness only observed a dim reflection from the eyes of this creature as it stepped onto the bridge. The witness believed that this creature was coming after him. The creature extended both of its arms above its head to grab the two high bridge restraining cables; one on each side of the bridge.

The witness threw two rocks at this creature; and it seemed to see the rocks coming at it, and dodged them. The witness began to sway the bridge by moving his body up and down and from side to side, causing the bridge to oscillate. The witness believes that this is why creature decided to leave the bridge and didn't pursue him further, as he feared would happen.

H.O. found and carried a large river rock to use as a weapon if it was going to be necessary to defend himself, just before he swiftly moved across this bridge and began running back to his trailer.

The witness awoke the next morning and returned to the location of the incident to see if there was any evidence left behind by this creature.

The substrate around the trash cans was a soft, sandy soil. There were a few large impressions present (along with many human-sized impressions), but with no definition to them. He also studied the area where the animal jumped off of the bridge and down into the river bed, but found no definitive tracks.

During the entire incident (which lasted about a minute or so), not one other person got up, or turned on any lights and/or heard anything in the whole compound while this encounter was taking place.

After this incident, H.O. went armed and with a light when he went out on his late-night rounds.

This investigator believes that the creature that the witness encountered was most likely a sasquatch.

About BFRO Investigator Richard Hucklebridge:

* Four years in the United States Navy, 1955-1959 (Combat Air Crewman on P4M Mercator Patrol Aircraft)
* 37 years in the aerospace industry: 33 years with General Electric at Edwards AFB; More than 5 years with the Northrop Grumman Corp. at Edwards AFB (Flight Line Mechanic on the B-2 Bomber).
* During 20 of those years at Edwards he was a Reserve Deputy Sheriff for the County of Los Angeles.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:17 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Media Article # 446
Article submitted by Penny
Article prepared and posted by Richard Hucklebridge

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Bigfoot sighting leaves lasting imprint

By Alex Breitler
The Redding Ca. Record Searchlight

Burney --- Bigfoot, or big phony? Depends on whom you ask.
A group of longtime Bigfoot hunters say that two weeks ago they saw a dozen huge tracks next to a logging road near Clover Mountain, about 10 miles southwest of Burney. Three days later, on April 5, as they poured plaster casts, one of them claimed to see the beast itself.

Tom Biscardi, 57, said he heard a rustling in the brush and looked up, expecting to see melting snow plopping from the treetops. Instead, he described a “blurry blackness” that rose from a squatting position about 100 yards away and took off through the woods. “I said, Oh God, here it is again,” recalled Biscardi, who said this was his fifth sighting in 32 years of hunting. “I’m yelling to the guys, “Come on, get the cameras, and let’s go!” To his dismay, Biscardi had left his tranquilizer gun and his wire-mesh grenade launcher at home. He said he threw a stick at the creature hoping to antagonize it, but apparently the beast wasn’t fazed and disappeared into the trees after a brief pursuit. “It walked upright like a man,” said Biscardi, who issued a press release about the incident this week. “It wasn’t a deer. It wasn’t a bear. It was unbelievable.” That’s exactly what the skeptics have said about past Bigfoot sightings.

There’s a twist to this story that could fuel further, skepticism. A pair of brothers from Burney, Lee and Jimmy Hickman, were among the discoverers of the tracks. They are grandsons of Ivan Marx, one of the more well known, and controversial Bigfoot hunters of decades past. Marx died five years ago, and many believe his stories were no more than tall tales. Very tall tales, Bigfoot, after all, is supposedly up to 9 feet tall. Marx, a hunting guide whose family has lived in Burney for nearly 50 years, announced in 1970 that he had caught Bigfoot on film in Washington State. He boldly stated that he would capture one live within a year. Six months later, the film was deemed a hoax. A fellow Bigfoot hunter argued the alleged animal was a man dressed in fur.

Critics continue to blast Marx on various Bigfoot Web sites. But his widow, 79 year old, Peggy Marx, defends his name and says this later encounter was real. Peggy Marx said she went to view the tracks two weeks ago and was there when Biscardi yelled for the cameras. She and her grandsons didn’t see the creature, Bigfoot four times in the past. “Some believe, some don’t” Peggy Marx said Friday “They’re entitled to their opinion. You just let it fly by, you learn not to pay attention to people like that.”

Biscardi, a former show producer in Las Vegas who lives in Redwood City, got swept up in Bigfoot fever after he saw the most famous footage of all, the 1967 Patterson film shot near Willow Creek in Trinity County. Since then, Biscardi claims to have seen a Bigfoot at Lassen Peak, and more recently, a white baby Bigfoot. Last year, he announced an “expedition” to capture a Bigfoot. News reports said he would seek up to $1 million in corporate sponsorships to pay for gear ranging from high tech global positioning equipment to deodorant and bug spray. Biscardi enlisted a public-relations firm to get out the word and said any findings would be “offered for commercial sale, use and distribution and scientific study.”

How does he plan to catch this elusive prey? His tools in clued a “grenade launcher,” which cast a net that would burst open and trap the Bigfoot. Biscardi also once planned to drop a “sleep bomb” on Bigfoot from an airplane. His expedition involves more than two dozen people searching all over the United States, Biscardi said, including lesser known Bigfoot hangouts such as Louisiana, Florida and Vermont.

The exact location of the Clover Mountain sighting was kept secret. Biscardi did say it was about 5300 feet above sea level in an area still thawing out from winter snows. Few Bigfoot reports come out of the Burney area, but the rugged terrain is likely good habitat, said Bigfoot investigator and U.S. Forest Service archaeologist Kathy Moskowitz. The prints were said to be 15 inches long and up to 6 inches wide. The creature supposedly had a stride of greater than 5 feet. “These have to be two of the most pristine prints I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been in this business a long time.” Biscardi said.

Most possible Bigfoot encounters in the north state aren’t sightings, but rather blood-curdling screams at night, nasty smells or strange footprints. The Hickman brothers, who reported finding the latest prints, haven’t yet seen a Bigfoot. But the seasonal timber fallers are certainly trying. They spent much of Friday on their off-road vehicles, binoculars in hand; carrying on with the hunt their grandfather Ivan Marx began in 1951. “Anytime the weather’s clear, we’re out there,” said Lee Hickman, 37. “That’s all we do. “I’ve never seen the creature, but I want to see him.”

Bigfoot history
Sixteen Bigfoot encounters in Shasta County have been reported since the 1970s, according to the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization (www.bfro.net).
·
There were 20 reported encounters is Siskiyou County, 18 in Trinity County and four in Tehama County.

A Redding man reported the region’s first prints in 1958.

A Redding woman claimed Bigfoot kidnapped her in 1976, a story refuted by law enforcement.

The U.S. Forest Service considered Bigfoot legitimate enough to include the creature in a 1977 environmental impact statement for a logging project in Trinity County.

Reporter Alex Breitler can be reached at 225-8344 or at abreitler@redding.com.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:18 am 
MABRC Member Inactive
MABRC Member Inactive

Quote:
Media Article # 245
Article submitted by Kyle Mizokami

Sunday, February 16, 1975

Bigfoot on the March Again -- but the Trail Remains Elusive

San Francisco Sunday Examiner

Special to the Examiner

ROUND MOUNTAIN--Bigfoot lives. Once again, the 17-inch long footprints of the legendary giant human-like creature have been sighted near this Shasta County community, this time near where similar footprints were photographed four years ago.

John Russak, a hunter and building contractor who photographed the giant footprints in January, 1971, reports he has found prints this week and tracked them for about a mile.

He said the tracks stretched from his home near this tiny community (population: 200), 35 miles east of Redding toward the Pit River, seven miles to the north. The footprints, measured at 17 inches from heel to toe and seven inches across the ball of the foot, were found every 28 inches, Russak said.

"It was walking on two feet, the same walk as before, but this time was moving more slowly," Russak said. In 1971, the prints were 38 inches apart, indicating a longer stride.

They included a clear impression of four toes, an arch and a heel, but not the claw marks a bear would have made, he said.

A bare human foot occasionally leaves only four toe prints in snow or mud, because weight is not placed on the little toe, he explained. The Bigfoot prints sunk four inches in a six inch snow coating, he said.

Al Berry, a free-lance writer who has just completed a book about the Bigfoot legend in the Middle High Sierra, says the tracks reported by Russak fit the description of other hunters familiar with the prints reported in the Sierra and Pacific Northwest, where Indians call the creature "Sasquatch".

"Bigfoot can move easily 15 to 20 miles per hour," he says.

Russak, a veteran hunter familiar with the mountainous Pit River country, believed more tracks in snow could be spotted from a helicopter if a search were launched within the next few days.

He says he intends to report the prints to the Bigfoot Information Center at The Dalles, Ore. and to the Bigfoot Research Center in Coleville, Wash.

He said that, prior to his latest report, Bigfoot prints had not been reported in the same location more than once. Berry contends that Bigfoot prints have indeed been sighted twice in the same locations in the sierra.

He said Russak's report is important because the dimensions of the footprints are similar to those of others reported in the Sierra and Pacific Northwest.

The latest tracks appear to fit with a pattern of recent Bigfoot "sightings" in Shasta and neighboring Tehama County.

One story had a man meeting one of the creatures face-to-face along Battle Creek near the Sacramento River in Tehama County.

Another story indicates that 17 to 18 inch long footprints were found in the Battle Creek area in Shasta County near the Tehama County line in late 1973.

Last year, a Bigfoot search expedition was organized in Washington state.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:52 am 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
Quote:
Report # 59668 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, July 4, 2018.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boater spots something odd during the day on Lake Shasta
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Show Printer-friendly Version)
YEAR: 2014

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

NEAREST TOWN: Jones Valley Resort

NEAREST ROAD: None

OBSERVED: This happened back around 2014 although I didn't realize it until I read something about it.
I was on Shasta Lake riding my Sea Doo one last time before I sold it. I had headed up the Pit river sometime in July. It was approximately sometime after 2 PM. I had gone up quite a ways up toward the pot river and had decided to head back toward Jones Valley resort. I always love to scan the ridges looking for shapes like you do when you hunt. I came around a big turn in the main channel and it was the most bizarre thing I had ever seen. About 20 feet from shore I see what I initially believed to be a big hairy head with eyes staring directly at me. I would say within a couple seconds it simply disappeared under the surface of the water. I was wearing sunglasses and I remember thinking did I just see what I think I did? I gave it a wide girth and slowed down and circled the area for about 2-3 minutes. I remember feeling freaked out a bit having this vision of it lunging out of the water at me. Shortly after I continued back to Jones Valley resort and tried to put it out of my head. I wish now more than ever I would have taken the time to search for it but I just figured my initial thought had to be incorrect. I reasoned naturally it had to be something else. A beaver? Muskrat? I can't say for sure what it was but I know it was big. I do know my original feeling was it was a big hairy head and face with eyes. It had appeared to be wet already like it had already submerged previously. It was dark brown and tan in color. I know it was not a human. There were no boats anywhere near where I was and it was pretty secluded.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just me

OTHER STORIES: No

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Late afternoon

ENVIRONMENT: It was in the lake about 20 feet from shore

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Mike Poole:

After speaking with the witness over the phone I determined that he is a credible observer. The witness was on a personal water craft, traveling close to the shore on the Pit River arm of lake Shasta. He estimated his speed to be around 25 mph. At the time of the sighting he was several miles upstream from Jones Valley Resort. The water level was low and numerous snags (old trees that are usually submerged) were sticking up around the shore. As he rounded a point he noticed what looked like a head sticking up out of the water among the snags about 20 feet from the shore. He stated that the head was about the size of a football helmet, covered in long, wet, tan colored hair. He compared the color of the hair to a coyote.The face was flat, the mouth was not visible, the eyes were human shaped, large and dark. When he first spotted the "head" he was approximately 20 to 30 feet away from it. He locked eyes for a few seconds. It then ducked underwater as he rode by leaving a ripple in the calm surface. He continued on for about 30 seconds while he tried to process what he had just seen. By this time he had traveled about 300 yards and decided to turn back. He returned and slowly searched the area for any sign of the creature. He noted that there were no fresh "wet" tracks on the shore and saw no sign of the animal. After several minutes of searching he started to worry that the animal may still be around and that it might come out of the water and pull him off his PWC. At this point he decided to leave the area.

About BFRO Investigator Mike Poole:

Mike is a life long resident of Northern California and is an avid fisherman, hunter, and outdoors-man. He has attended the 2016, 2017 and 2018 California Sierras expeditions.

Profile Personal album