Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: BFRO PIERCE COUNTY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:10 am 
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director
MABRC Forum Administrator, MABRC Western Oklahoma State Director, Mid-South Regional Assistant Director

Medals: 32
Quote:
Report # 3438 (Class A)
Submitted by witness D. K. on Thursday, November 29, 2001. Five member family camping see a hairy upright animal
YEAR: 1995

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: May

DATE: 26

STATE: Washington

COUNTY: Pierce County

LOCATION DETAILS: Staying in a campground 3 to 4 miles up from Twentyeight Mile creek, on the next creek, 3/4 miles up it at the end of the road. The roads have change since then and there is a detour in the area. Divide ridge, possibly Burns creek.

NEAREST TOWN: Enumclaw (Greenwater area)

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 410, FR 70

OBSERVED: Just after dinner DK was sitting around the campfire looking at a ridgeline he had earlier observed a cow elk go over. He now saw what appeared to be a large, black, hairy upright ape... "like the one in the movie taken in California, but not as filled out." He called to the other family members to come and see this animal and the creature turned around, looked at them with a "disgusted" ape face, took very long strides up the hill to the ridge and with it's left hand, grabbed a 20 foot Fir tree and shook it violently a couple of times, then went down the other side of the ridge. It looked like it had very long arms; almost reaching it's knees.

They were amazed that it could take such long strides up that hill, without the aide of pulling on trees.

The son-in-law and grandson (who is 6' 4" tall) went up to the area where they saw this animal, to look for it or it's tracks. They came up to the tree they had seen it shake and determined the animal was bigger than the grandson. They didn't find any tracks.

The animal was about 120 yards away and the face could be seen quite clearly. The eyes were very dark but no white was seen, possibly large hairy eyebrows and the face looked like an apes and it had hair on it as well. The head looked like it had a small cone shape to it. When it turned to look at them it turned it's whole body, not just its head.

The sighting lasted between 30 and 40 seconds.

ALSO NOTICED: Later on, they saw a man with a German Shepherd come down from the woods, near the location they had seen this animal. DK went, caught up and asked the man if he had seen anything unusual up there and the man said no but he had a hard time getting his dog to go down that hill, thinking the dog may have thought it was too steep.

OTHER WITNESSES: Just finished dinner, about 5:30PM.

OTHER STORIES: On Nov. 14th, 2001, DK went up to Pyramid pass, looking down into Government meadows and found some large scat on the service road he had parked on. He had come back to this area from time to time after his families sighting. He has hunted all his life and this scat did not look like anything he had seen before so he placed it in a gold pan and took it home. He froze it, but just after he brought it home he showed another hunter and he too could not say what it was from. It was green, had a little bit of wood and fine hair in it. It is the size of dinner rolls, stacked end to end.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Dry and clear.

ENVIRONMENT: Open hill side ridge

A & G References: Pg.64, C4, T19N, R10E,Sec15

Follow-up investigation report:

At home after his scat find, DK searched the Internet to finally report his families sighting and this new find. He contacted Todd Neiss, from Oregon but Todd could not make time to follow up on this and so called me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:11 am 

Quote:
Report # 23033 (Class A)
Submitted by witness No on Monday, January 28, 2008. Daylight sighting reported to rangers by park visitor at Mount Rainier National Park
YEAR: 1994

SEASON: Fall

MONTH: September

DATE: 09/24/1994

LOCATION DETAILS: From Packwood, Washington. Head east on Hwy 12 to where FS road 46 and FS road 1270 intersect Hwy 12.

NEAREST TOWN: Packwood

NEAREST ROAD: On highway 12E next to forest service road 46, next to #1270

OBSERVED: The following report was presented to me, Ranger Steve, on September 24,1994 at Mount Rainier National Park. I was working as a National Park Service Ranger/Naturalist at the Longmire Museum when the following was logged on a National Park Service Natural History Observation Form 10-257.

Subject of observation was "Bigfoot Adult."

The Description on Form 10-257:

"Location on highway 123, 7 miles from Packwood, Washington. At Forest Service Road 46, right next to #1270, I saw a reddish-brown bear-human like animal (6') stand up in the middle of road and run away (lumber away) on 2 legs. I thought it was a Bigfoot. I'm 51, have a B.A. in Biology (CWSC) 1966. I know what I saw was not a deer, a bear or an elk. It was humanoid. It was also hunting season, so I doubt it was a joke!

Jim Fielder"

...End of description on form.

The ranger spoke with the witness at length about the observation and learned more details. They thought it was a female animal squatting to urinate. He intended to return to collect a sample. He went to his motel to get a container for the sample, but upon reaching the motel in Packwood, he learned of a medical emergency involving his elderly mother, so he did not return to collect a urine specimen. He reported the incident two weeks later.

This report is also mentioned in the book "Where Bigfoot Roams," author Robert Michael Pyle, page 105-107.

OTHER WITNESSES: NO

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Time of day was 11:30pm, Weather was clear

ENVIRONMENT: Pine Forest

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

I interviewed the US Park Service ranger who took the actual report from the witness in 1994. Based on the location and the description in the report I suspect the witness did see a sasquatch on Hwy 12 near Packwood.

I attempted to contact the actual witness, biologist Jim Fielder, via telephone using the phone number noted on the original form. The phone number now belongs to someone else.

The biologist was very confident about what he observed. The ranger was confident that the biologist was credible and was correctly interpreting what he was looking at. I am very confident that the ranger is credible (because he has some official documentation), so this report should be classified as Class A, even though it is a second hand report.

The BFRO's report rating system (i.e. Class A / Class B / Class C) essentially rates the potential for reliability or observational misinterpretation. Second-hand reports of sightings would normally be classified as "Class C" because they are typically different than the first-hand versions.

Even though this is a second hand report, the potential for misinterpretation is very low with this one, so it should be considered a Class A report.

About BFRO Investigator Scott Taylor:

Scott Taylor is an aerospace engineer. He lives in Spanaway, Washington. He had his first bigfoot encounter in October 2005 where he smelled it, was followed and then heard vocalizations. He attended the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 BFRO Expeditions in the Washington Cascades, the 2007 BFRO Expedition in the central Oregon Cascades and the 2007 Utah Expedition in the Uintas and He attended the 2008 and 2009 Olympic Peninsula Expeditions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:12 am 

Quote:
Report # 3400 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Monday, November 19, 2001. Two experienced hunters see bigfoot, throw rock at it, and watch it turn and walk into timber
YEAR: early 90's

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: January

DATE: unknown

LOCATION DETAILS: about 2 miles east of elbe on north side of state hwy 706 mt hwy

NEAREST TOWN: elbe

NEAREST ROAD: mt hwy

OBSERVED: This happened on a day outing with a good friend and hunting partner of mine. It was around 9:00 am or so that my friend called me to see if I was doing anything. I was not, he told me he wanted to go up to the mountains for the day and do something and asked if I would like to go. I did so I got my stuff ready while he was on his way over to pick me up; all I grabbed was my boots and a .22 pistol, which was also what he was bringing (a .22 pistol). Anyway, on our way from my house, since we really didn't have any set plans on where we were going, I suggested that we go up to this rancher's place that we often hunted so we could look for antler drop offs while we walked along plinking with our pistols.

We pulled up to the rancher's house but no one was home to tell we were going up on the hill, so we drove past his 400 acres to the next place, a 200 acre unoccupied place that we also had ongoing permission to hunt etc. So we began there at the east end of that place and worked our way through the woods all the way back to the first place. We decided to go ahead up the hill through this place where a trail starts and runs about 1/3 of the way up the side of the hill, the entire length of the ridge, and eventually comes out about 3 1/2 miles later on a logging road above Elbe. Our plan was to hit the logging road and walk down the road to the r/r tracks and follow them back to the truck.

We, however, realized as we plinked that about 1/2 way along this trail that we would not have enough time left before dark to make it all the way to the logging road before dark let alone all the way back to the truck from there. But we knew if we cut straight down the mountain right where we were that we would make it to the valley below before dark. So we got started down through the heavy second growth and after about 45 min of fighting our way a long ways through thick tangling ferns and underbrush, we finally came out to a small group of clear cuts on the hill above another ranch. This was bad because these people never let anyone trespass on their land.

But since we didn't have any other choice to get off the mountain before dark and since it was almost dark now we decided to go down the logging road very quietly as not to get caught on their land (this small road system is their own private operation and none of these roads go far or are connected to any other roads) to the valley below. As we quietly proceeded down this road we were half way through the last small clear-cut, it was just about dark, you could still see in the clear-cut and a long ways down the road, but not at all past the timber's edge.

We were walking side by side; I was on the left, when I saw something out of place ahead and on the left. I immediately thought that it looked like a bigfoot standing there. We were about 100 yards away on the road from being straight across from it. I hadn't said anything yet, we just kept walking, angling closer as the road came closer to its location until we were straight across from it, about 80 yards away.

The whole time I had not taken my eyes off it as we walked and I hadn't said anything yet because I thought it was going to turn out to be a stump or something (like when you see a burnt stump and it looks like a bear or something). That's when I stopped; I realized it was not a stump, I could see its arms, legs, and even some detail of it face. My friend stopped when I did. I was going to point this out to him, however when I stopped and looked at him he was already looking at it himself and said, and I quote, "it can't be!" We both just stood there for a minute, then my friend bends over, picks up a rock and throws it at it. He did think it must have been a stump until then. As soon as the rock landed this (and its still hard to say) bigfoot did not jump or run or seem scared at all, it just turned towards the dark timber behind it and walked into the forest.

Please note that I am an avid hunter. I have hunted and harvested many animals including bears on this very hill. I've hunted from Alaska to Montana. I've taken many bears, even some at close range with my bow. I am very aware what all the animals look like and I am 100% sure this was a bigfoot.

Before this, even with all the hunting and hiking that I have done, I never came across any tracks or other sign that I could not identify as normal forest animals, so up until this I thought that is was just a myth. Also, this is important as to the exact date, which I'm sorry I can't remember, but about a week later on our local news someone found tracks down by the river in this area. If that information could be found you would have a close date. The news said something like this: "Bigfoot tracks found crossing the Nisqually River near Mt Rainer," and they showed photos of the spot but did not say exactly where, but by the size of the river in the photos they showed it looked very close to where we were.

OTHER WITNESSES: two of use see report

OTHER STORIES: only what I said in the report

ENVIRONMENT: very thick old secound growth mixed fir, alder,and maple with many creeks running off the hill and large vally bottom land with pastures its a very isolated area

Both men involved in sighting are avid, experienced big game hunters certain of what they saw. Said creature looked just like bigfoot in Patterson film. Said, while they couldn't see the creature's eyes, it was clear the creature was watching them.

About a week after sighting local news story reported bigfoot tracks found in area very near where sighting occurred.

Both men considered the idea that their experience had been a hoax to be practically impossible. Sighting occured in very remote area in January and both men carried guns (22's).

Witness very believable.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:12 am 

Quote:
Report # 1600 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Sunday, June 29, 1997. Civil War Reenactor sees bigfoot cross railroad tracks
YEAR: 1991

MONTH: June

DATE: 8

LOCATION DETAILS: Mineral lake near the town of Elbe and Mt. Rainier.

NEAREST TOWN: Elbe

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 7

OBSERVED: A Bigfoot-like creature was seen at a distance of 20 feet at midnight. Creature stepped out in front of person who was walking along some railroad tracks then the creature crossed the tracks and disappeared into the brush .

ALSO NOTICED: Later that night two reenactors came running down from a hill they were camping on saying they were shooting at a " banshee". At about 3 am that morning something came through the reenactor camp and threw things around and knocked things over.

OTHER WITNESSES: Witness was a Civil War reenactor and got lost while walking back to camp during a local Civil War reenactment that took place at the time.

ENVIRONMENT: Along some railroad tracks with brush and timber on both sides with an abandoned boxcar on some other tracks.

A & G References: Pg. 47, B6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:14 am 

Quote:
Report # 23614 (Class A)
Submitted by witness no on Wednesday, April 16, 2008. Motorist returning from fireworks display gets a good look at a bigfoot near Ashford
YEAR: 1987

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: 5th

LOCATION DETAILS: I am not willing to give the exact location... but have returned there several times by myself and with a nephew... I return occasionally in July to look for prints along the river, as I believe that it could be a migratory route. I keep the site private to prevent someone from "planting tracks" in case I find some (as where I look is a little remote).

NEAREST TOWN: Ashford

NEAREST ROAD: State Route 706

OBSERVED: While driving home from a July 4th fireworks display near Mt. Rainier, I witnessed a 10 foot bigfoot cross the highway and enter a stand of douglas fir.

I was driving west towards Elbe and eventually home to Eatonville, WA. I saw "someone" crossing the highway about 70 to 100 yards off in the distance, but they were silouhetted by a light source from behind and so could not determine the sex of the "person".

We were driving about 60 mph and quickly closed the distance between the car and the figure crossing the road. At first, I assumed it was a drunk woman who we had picked up wandering out in the dark forested highway the week before (she was drunk and her boyfriend had kicked her out of his truck to walk home in the dark).

As we got closer, the figure stepped off the pavement and onto the grass on the side of the road, lifting one arm to push a douglas fir bough from in front of its face as it entered the trees... at that moment, I recall asking, "Why are they wearing a fur coat in July?" and noticing an ear on the side of the head, in the location and appearance the same as that of a gorilla.

The hair on my arms and the back of my neck stood straight up and I locked up the brakes and turned the steering wheel and headlights towards the trees... the car stalled and my wife became hysterical and so I left and returned the next day to look for tracks.

ALSO NOTICED: As the side of the creature's head was illuminated, an ear became visible and the appearance of the head and ear location looked just like a mountain gorilla.

I followed scuff marks (heel marks?) that were five inches across and about 5 feet in span between marks... the soil was too dry to leave deep prints.

I followed the marks for about 50 to 70 yards until they exited the trees and went across a dry mud flat... and down over a steep grassed slope that led down into a very dark stand of timber. The creature left deep heel impressions down the hill and the trees at the bottom were so dark that I became unnerved and went home... I did not know at the time that the Nisqually River was only about 50 more yards from where I stood... I did not come back to take casts of the heel marks in the hill... although now I wish that I did.

I did return the next day with a 12 foot sturgeon fishing rod and found that the tree branch that the bigfoot pushed out of its face was ten feet off the ground... the animal was enormous.

OTHER WITNESSES: 3 others in the car, 1 adult, 2 children (who were asleep). My ex-wife says that she didn't see anything, but became hysterical until I started the car and left.

OTHER STORIES: I've heard of sightings in Eatonville, and Copper Creek area, Graham, Puyallup and Oakville.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: A little after midnight

ENVIRONMENT: The incident occurred several miles west of the West Gate entrance into Mt. Rainier National Park.

The creature walked across the paved highway and entered a stand of Douglas Fir and walked towards the Nisqually River.

Both sides of the highway are forested. I followed scuff marks through a dense layer of fir needles, across a dried mud flat to a steep hill leading down into a dark stand of second growth timber...

I talked to the witness for about an hour on the phone. He lives in the eastern part of the state, so we were unable to have an in-person interview. However, I am very familiar with the location of the sighting, which I visited. This area is a densely wooded area bridging the Nisqually Valley between the Elbe Hills on the north and Storm King Mountain to the south. This location would be ideal for a sasquatch to be able to cross from one side of the valley to the other with minimal exposure to possible observation by humans. The place where the creature crossed the road is a two-lane highway with very wide grassy shoulders. The distance from the trees on one side to the trees on the other side is approximately 120 feet. The witness was lucky in that the creature crossed the road near two lit street lights, which gave him a good view of the creature. The light enabled him to accurately judge the color of the creature being light brown, which can be difficult at night. The wide shoulder of the road provided more time to get stopped and have the headlights pointing towards the creature, as it vanished into the woods. The witness noticed a particular fir tree limb that the creature brushed aside as it entered the trees, and this provided a good opportunity to go back later and measure the height of the creature, which turned out to be approximately 10 feet. The witness also got a very good look at the side of the creature's head and could clearly see the ear, as stated in his report.

This is the location where the creature crossed the road.
Attachment:
23614a.jpg
23614a.jpg [ 78.02 KiB | Viewed 974 times ]

I find this witness and report to be credible in all respects. I believe this witness actually saw a large, male bigfoot creature.

Scott Taylor is an aerospace engineer. He lives in Spanaway, Washington. He had his first bigfoot encounter in October 2005 where he smelled it, was followed and then heard vocalizations. He attended the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 BFRO Expeditions in the Washington Cascades, the 2007 BFRO Expedition in the central Oregon Cascades and the 2007 Utah Expedition in the Uintas and He attended the 2008 and 2009 Olympic Peninsula Expeditions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:15 am 

Quote:
Report # 24310 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Thursday, July 31, 2008. Camper diverts tall creature approaching him near Puyallup
YEAR: 1983

MONTH: August

LOCATION DETAILS: Forested Triangle near the intersection of Shaw Road and Pioneer Ave. On top of the hill.
This area is now Crystal Ridge, a housing developement.

NEAREST TOWN: Puyallup

NEAREST ROAD: Shaw Road

OBSERVED: In 1983 I was camping in the woods near what is now Crystal Ridge housing developement off of Shaw Road in Puyallup, WA. Around 11pm I was awakened by a screaming sound in the distance. It sounded kind of like a woman, hard to describe really, but it absolutely got my attention. Every 15 or 20 seconds it would scream and I could tell it was getting closer and closer, after a while I could hear crashing in the bushes. Whatever it was it was moveing fast. I rationalised it in my mind as a deer jumping through the woods quickly. But when I saw the outline of the deer I knew immediately what it was. Granted it was dark, but with the moon out and lack of cloud cover I could make out a black shape 7' or 8' tall striding through the underbrush. I paniced and yelled as loud as I could and the creature slightly changed course to go around me and kept on going, still with the occasional scream. In the morning I looked for footprints and hair, but all I found was broken branches, too high to be broken by a man.

ALSO NOTICED: Foul odor as the creature passed.

OTHER WITNESSES: My girlfriend was with me sleeping but did not wake until I yelled and woke her up.

OTHER STORIES: Yes. Years later I was reading a Bigfoot Book at the library that said there were at least 3 Bigfoot sightings near Shaw Road starting back in the 30's.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Around 11 pm. Clear skies and a nearly full moon. Tree cover obscured some of that light.

ENVIRONMENT: Maple Forest with dense undergrowth.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Dave Illig:

I spoke with Troy about his encounter and questioned him about his experience and particularly the sounds he heard. Troy indicated to me that the sounds he thought were, “deer jumping through the woods quickly” turned out to be the foot falls of the 7-8’ tall creature making its way directly towards him. Since the creature was unaware of his presence and closing in on him quickly, he felt fearful of a very close encounter and that’s when he yelled out in panic. This was enough to get the creature's attention. He then watched it change its course and continue around him at a distance of about 70 ft. He found it interesting that the creature, though now aware of Troy’s presence, continued to emit the loud screams at consistent intervals and continue on its way without stopping. Although Troy could not recall the sounds well enough to describe them to me, he did however mention that while the creature was in his approximate vicinity, a distinct odor was noticed. Troy described this odor as, “a cross between a wet buffalo and fecal matter, very nasty”.
I find Troy to be very credible and still able recall the incident clearly after 25 years. The Puyallup River runs very close to this location.

About BFRO Investigator Dave Illig:

• Dave Illig is a Project Controls Specialist for a major aerospace corporation.
• He has attended several BFRO and private expeditions in the US and Canada.
• Is an avid outdoorsman, who is skilled in all-weather camping.
• He is also certified in Swift Water Rescue Operations.
• Target research area: Western Cascades

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:16 am 

Quote:
Report # 13654 (Class A)
Submitted by witness on Wednesday, January 25, 2006. Man describes childhood encounter near Sunrise Elementary School in Puyallup
YEAR: 1983

DATE: 11

LOCATION DETAILS: At the end of 119th St E. There is a logging road that leads to a gravel pit. This is also next to some power lines. Also there use to be a horse farm at the start of the old logging road.

NEAREST TOWN: Puyallup

NEAREST ROAD: 119th St E

OBSERVED: A friend and I were walking home from Sunrise Elementary school in the spring. This is on South Hill in Puyallup. There was an area of woods we had to go through between gravel pits to get home. We were on an overgrown old logging road that had a ditch on one side. It was on our left as we walked. We were also not too far from some power lines. Both of us had sticks and we were chopping down dandee lions along the trail as we walked. My friend was in front and I was about 20 feet behind him chopping what he had missed. As I got to a big patch he missed, I stopped and started chopping away as my friend kept walking. The ditch was to my back now. Suddenly, I felt like someone was behind me. I turned around and was pretty much face to face with a bigoot. It was about eight feet away from me. My guess is it was sleeping or hiding in the ditch and just stood up to see what was going on. It could have reached out and grabed me with no trouble. I think it was just as surprised to see me as I was to see it.

It was standing in a ditch so it wasn't towering over me, but it was still taller than me. It had red hair like an Irish setter dog and a little bit matted. It had wide shoulders, the and eyes looked black, but to be honest I didn't look for very long. It took me about two seconds then I ran, and ran past my friend. He started running in right behind me asking what was wrong. I just kept yelling to keep running. We ran all the way home. It didn't chase us. We lived on 123th St.

Now I read and watch all I can on this matter. They are out there. I'm lucky enough to say I know this for sure! Scared the hell out of me.

ALSO NOTICED: My best guess is that my friend woke it up when he passed it, and then I was standing right there when it finally got up.

OTHER STORIES: I wish. I only have seen posts on the web sightings vary...

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was right after school about 3:45 p.m. Lighting was bright and it was a clear day.

ENVIRONMENT: A small Fur tree forest, this is in between power lines and a gravel pit. Small over grown logging road with a ditch on one side.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator John G. Callender:

I spoke with the witness for forty minutes or so. He said the animal was in the ditch that was covered in Scotch Broom (a plant). He said the road wasn’t very wide and the ditch was perhaps four feet deep. He estimates that he was four to four and one half feet tall at the time.

The witness couldn’t tell the sex of the animal since all he saw was from the chest up. He said it was “really muscular”. He remarked that it had a "really big, broad chest”.

When I asked him if it reminded him of an orangutan he said that it was similar to an orangutan’s hair, except darker. He kept saying the animal had “coarse hair” and when I asked him what he meant by “coarse” he compared the term "coarse" to a dog's hair.

He said the hair around the face was darker than the hair on the rest of the body. He said the lips were fuller than an ape's lips. The head was “pointy” and the hair on the head stood up.

He says had not heard of bigfoot sightings before his encounter. He was sheltered from the bigfoot story because his family had recently moved to Washington from Detroit, MI about one year before the incident happened.

About BFRO Investigator John G. Callender:

John Callender hails from Mississippi where he received a BA degree in Accounting from the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss). He now resides in Seattle, WA where he works as a pilot for a major airline. John has done extensive field work in the Pacific Northwest, as well as Mississippi, and he has attended the following expeditions: WA - Oly Pen (Aug. '04); New Mexico (Jicarilla Apache SEP '04); WA - Oly Pen (October '04); CA - Redwoods (May '05); WA -Oly Pen -3, (AUG '05 ); WA Cascades Expedition (AUG '06); Central Oregon Expedition (JUNE '07), BC, Vancouver Island Expedition (SEPT 2007), WA Cascades Expedition (June '09), 2009 Washington Olympic Peninsula Expedition

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:17 am 

Quote:
Report # 4452 (Class A)
Submitted by witness R. J. on Monday, June 03, 2002. US Army Ranger training mission near Greenwater finds large barefoot human shaped tracks
YEAR: 1982

MONTH: August

DATE: 15

LOCATION DETAILS: We called the facility Huckleberry Creek-this may not have been it's actual name. Our cadre were Rangers. I found a Huckleberry Creek in my atlas (National Georaphic,1999) in the northern part of Mt Ranier National Park. If I had a more detailed map, I could probably locate it-and possibly the actal location of the incident.

NEAREST TOWN: Greenwater

NEAREST ROAD: Route 410

OBSERVED: While stationed at Fort Lewis (15th Engineer Battalion, A Company), I received mountain training at the Huckleberry Creek facility. The final exercise was called the Alpine Scramble, a "Point A to Point B" land navigation problem with problems to solve along the way. While on the exercise, my squad stopped at a stream to rest and eat. There was a sand/gravel bar going out into the stream. We noticed large imprints on the bar, and subsequently found several large footprints in the soft soil by the stream. They were not very long (compared to some reports)-14 inches-but very wide-about 7 1/2 inches. They were also pressed quite deeply into the soil, while we had to really stomp to make any kind of real imprint. There was about a four to four and a half foot stride between footprints (we had a tape measure). As we were on a tight schedule, we did not spend a whole lot of time examining the prints-perhaps ten minutes (our squad leader was convinced they were a joke put on by our instructors). As we made our way down the stream, we saw an occasional print or mark for a short ways, then they stopped. Whether they went into the forest or into the stream-I don't know-I am not a tracker. Nor could I tell you how fresh the prints were.

An interesting footnote-when we returned to or base camp and were doing an after-action debriefing, I spoke to our squad's instructor about this (our squad leader objected strongly, but a few of the other members were interested); he strongly advised us to forget about it and not mention anything. So we did. However, it did raise my interest in the matter, and I have been reading and researching Bigfoot since then (the other squad members may have talked about it-I didn't and went ETS not long after).

ALSO NOTICED: No. I also did not feel watched, or smell anything, or any of the other reactions commonly described.

OTHER WITNESSES: Six, including myself.

OTHER STORIES: No. I have looked in books and websites,but I have ben unsuccessful.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Mid-afternoon(between two and four, probably).Overcast (I believe it rained later).

ENVIRONMENT: Typical Pacific Northwest woods-lots of trees, sprarser near the stream. There wa a ridge behind us-we came down it to reach the stream, and followed the stream back to our base camp.

A & G References: A&G Pg 64 D4
T18N R10E Sec 27

Although there is a facility named similarly near Sunrise in Mt. Rainer Park proper:

Huckleberry Creek Patrol Cabin ** (added 1991 - Building - #91000178)
Also known as S-050
Mt. Rainier National Park, Sunrise
Historic Significance: Event, Architecture/Engineering
Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown
Architectural Style: Other
Area of Significance: Politics/Government, Architecture
Period of Significance: 1925-1949
Owner: Federal
Historic Function: Domestic, Recreation And Culture
Historic Sub-function: Camp, Outdoor Recreation
Current Function: Domestic, Recreation And Culture
Current Sub-function: Camp, Outdoor Recreation

I believe the report actually is referencing Ranger Cr. Camp and adjacent airport, 5 miles east of Huckleberry Creek proper.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:18 am 

Quote:
Report # 19937 (Class B)
Submitted by witness no on Wednesday, June 27, 2007. Man recollects he and his family being followed and hearing close vocalization on Mt. Rainier
YEAR: 1982

MONTH: July

DATE: 15

LOCATION DETAILS: All I can say it was at the pull off area to get to the Maiden in The Woods, maybe someone from that area might know where that was. Like I said I was 13 and not from the area, so I have no idea.

NEAREST TOWN: I'm not sure, I was 13

NEAREST ROAD: Again not sure, it was a major highway leading from Snohomish to Mt. Rainier

OBSERVED: In 1982 my mom and I went out to visit my sister in Snohomish Washington. We stayed for 2 weeks during the Summer. One day my sister mentioned we were going to Mt Rainier for the day. she wanted to show us ice caves and a carving someone made in the woods called "The Maiden in The Woods". Anyway my mom, 2 nephews, brother-in-law, sister, and I got in their car and headed out. Before the mountain range was a valley that we drove down into. The valley was full of farms. As we drove, I began noticing these big wooden cutout siloutes of what looked like to me was a Bigfoot. They looked like those silly black bear cutouts people put on their front lawns. Anyway these were like 7 or 8 feet tall. I asked my brother-in-law about them and he said "Oh the farmers put those out to ward off Sasquach" Being from Michigan, I had heard about Bigfoot, but these farmers took it seriously. Almost every farm had one. It kind of freaked me out. Anyway we drove on, and started getting back into the mountains. After awhile we pulled off at an overlook parking area, this was were the "Maiden in the woods" wood carving was supposed to be. We all got out and started hiking up this hill into the forest. Evidently this Maiden was carved out of a huge redwood pine. We hiked all the way to it, only to find it had been vandalized and partially burned. Disappointed we all started back down the trail towards the car. It was maybe 2pm, and a sunny day. As we were walking down the path, my brother-in-law and I ended up towards the back, my nephews (5 and 7) and my mom and sister were in front. My brother motioned me to stop walking. And I did, and he stood there listening. I was like "What?" and he mumbled, keep walking and listen in the woods. My mom, sis, and nephews were oblivious anything was going on. So we started walking again, this time I was listening carefully in the woods and I heard off to my right, something heavy crunching an occasional stick, and what sounded like something stepping down into heavy forest bed, but it was slowly paced. My brother-in-law motioned for me to stop walking again. And when we stopped, it stopped.

This time my sister and mom noticed we were stopping, and my mom said "What are you guys doing, come on lets get going" and we said "We think we're being stalked" and my mom said "oh yea? by what one of those Sasquash things we saw down by the farms?" And we said "Yeah listen, start walking" so we started walking and after a couple steps, we heard the heavy steps in the woods again. This time my mom turned around and looked at us, and her face was white. My nephews didn't look happy either. Just then, my brother-in-law said "Let's get walking people!" Just after he said that we heard the most hair raising howl off to our right. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It was a weird sound too, it was sort of like a wolf howl, only it had a secondary register note to it. Almost like it was bi-octave. Like two tones, coming out at once. All I know is we didn't stick around, we all ran as fast as we could to the car, jumped in and tore out of there.

Hearing other recorded Bigfoot sounds, sort of reminds me of the sound we heard. It still scares me.

ALSO NOTICED: none

OTHER WITNESSES: Yes, my brother-in-law, sister,2 nephews, and my mom. We were all walking down to the van.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Midday, it was sunny day, with sunlight streaming through the forest canopy.

ENVIRONMENT: Pine forest, at the foot hills of a mountain range. It was fairly dense.

Searched Google for "Maiden of the Woods" & "Mt. Rainier Ice Caves" and found nothing to disclose an approximate location. Assigned "Pierce County" for location purposes as that is the county Mt. Ranier is located in. - Jim Boudousquie

I interviewed the witness over the phone. The witness was only 13 years old at the time, and the incident happened 26 years ago. Because of this, he does not know the exact location, but based on his description of what he saw getting there, I would estimate that it was somewhere east of Ashford, Washington. There are a combination of details provided by the witness that lead me to the conclusion that this person and his family members were followed by a sasquatch. - Scott Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:19 am 

Quote:
Report # 7481 (Class B)
Submitted by witness on Monday, December 01, 2003. Children have sighting near Alder Lake
YEAR: 1981

DATE: Memorial Wkd.

LOCATION DETAILS: Off a logging road, on the east side of Alder Lake. Not a developed campground, so no real directions to it.

NEAREST TOWN: Eatonville

NEAREST ROAD: Hwy 7

OBSERVED: We decided to take a walk upstream, where the creek was narrow and rounded a bend away from camp. We got about 1/4 mile from camp and noticed rustling sounds in the bushes directly across the creek from us, maybe 40-50 feet away. We kept walking upstream, pausing a few times to listen, each time still hearing the rustling. As we kept walking and trying to see what was making the sounds, we realized whatever it was, was keeping pace with us across the creek. Then we noticed a face peering through an opening in the bushes. It was mostly covered in reddish-brown shaggy hair. The eyes were a golden brown color. The sun was dappled through the branches over head, but light enough to really see it looking back at us. We kept walking another 100 yards or so, with the sasquatch peeking through the bushes maybe 2 more times. ABout then we all looked at each other and remembered that the creek ended upstream in a swampy area and we would be face to face with it if we kept going. Also the realization that we were being paced by a huge seemingly sentient creature panicked us, and we ran back to camp, fast. We told our parents, who took us pretty seriously. I remember reading about other sightings in the area that same weekend, whne we got home from camping. We didn't see or hear anything else that weekend, but we were too scared to go far from camp after that.

OTHER WITNESSES: 4 total - myself, brother & 2 cousins, walking upstream from camp, exploring, on a small trail that went along the north side of the creek.

OTHER STORIES: We were camping for about 5 days and when we got back and read the newspapers that had piled up, we saw a sighting reported in the same area on one of the days we were camping. We took that as a confirmation of sasquatch activity at Alder Lake.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Midday, sunlight filtered through trees.

ENVIRONMENT: A small creek that flowed into Alder Lake, about 1/4 mile away. Typical creekside vegetation - alders, thimbleberries, wild rose, ferns.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Kristine W.:

At the time of the incident, the witness was camping at Alder Lake with her family and two other families. She was fifteen years-old and walking with three younger children. All involved were between eleven and fifteen years-old.

Details obtained during the interview are as follows:

The face was about six feet above the ground level and the skin color seemed to be the same shade of brown as the hair around the face. In order to see the children, the witness felt that the animal parted the bushes to look. She estimates that the initial gaze lasted for five seconds and that she made eye contact with the animal.

About BFRO Investigator Kristine W.:

* Bachelors of Science Degree in Botany -- University of Washington.
* BFRO Curator of Report Information for Washington State
* Attended all of the public BFRO Expeditions in the American Pacific Northwest
* Organized numerous smaller non-public expeditions in Washington State

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next