Hello to our Guest
Welcome to the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center Forums!
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum rules

This forum will sometimes contain copyrighted information, however, it is placed here under Title 17

Not withstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

Post subject: (UBRG) Central California Report #1
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:02 am 
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director
Chief Forum Administrator/MABRC Executive Director

Medals: 39
United Bigfoot Research Group wrote:
Date of occurrence: 10/22/2007
Date report filed: 02/02/08
Weather conditions: Cold and clear, no wind
Lighting conditions: Sunny

Narrative of report:

I'm submitting this on the invitation of Nathan Davis. He saw my post on Youtube entitled Bigfoot Yell. I won't mention any names as one of us is in law enforcement and another is military, I'm about the only one that doesn't mind. That was the last day of our hike, day three, and we were set to go fishing a few miles away at Evelyn lake. I forget why, but my brother and dad went up to the meadow proper to do or look at something. We were camped about 100 yds or so west of the meadow. My friend went down trail about 100 to 150yds to use the latrine. Yes, there's actually one there! His son & I stayed in camp to finish the dishes or something. That's when we heard the sound. It was coming from the meadow, Where my dad & brother were. It continued like that for perhaps 5 minutes. After it was finished the others returned at roughly the same time. What I heard is on the video. My dad & brother say it's a coyote. I cannot speak for my friend, but he was in an excited state. I'm not sure what to think. Logic tells me, Bigfoot....yea, right! They've been talking about this forever. Even Spock did a segment about it on "In Search of" and they still don't have definitive proof. But I've heard coyotes in meadows before and they've never sounded like that and it was never just one. It usually ends up being a coyote opera. And the volume. The vid is misleading. The sound was very much louder in person. Well, continuing on, after all the excitement was over we geared up to go to the lake for some fishing. Not too eventful. Saw a deer about 1 to 2 miles out, on the way to the lake. When we returned to camp, we found it intact at which point my friend's son remarked that he expected it to be ripped apart. The rest of the afternoon was unremarkable. At this point I have to relate this to you second hand as I was asleep. At about 0130, something brushed against me and my brothers tent. Not broad like an animal rubbing against it but rather more like someone brushing their hand across it up near the peak from one end to the other. Not hard. A short time later my friend and his sons tent was hit with two small stones. The straw that broke the camels back was when two loud thumps were heard immediately next to my dads tent. That's when my brother woke me up saying "there's something in camp" and the flying of tent zippers. They got out and relit the campfire and stayed out there for what I gather to be an hour and a half before returning. I stayed in tent with the thought that the commotion they raised scared away whatever was there. If not, I'd find out in short order. That morning we packed up and beat feet home. What I haven't mentioned are any of the conditions surrounding the hike. Thinking retrospectively, there are some things that now stand out. The entire hike was extremely quiet. Too quiet if you get my meaning. There was virtually no noise. Also, an almost complete lack of wildlife. No raccoons, squirrels, blue jays, bears or deer were seen around camp but there was plenty of evidence that they had been there. And one last thing. Our food and trash. They were never bothered at any time. We didn't hang our packs and the trash wasn't so high that any animal that could climb or rear up could have easily taken the bag down. I will say that I never felt as though I was in imminent danger at any time. Concerned a couple of times, but never in danger.

Follow up:

Profile Personal album